The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by Student C
If you get accepted to UEA, do they require an interview? I'm applying for business management if that helps :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

They do if you're a mature student :/

Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 821
Original post by GemmaSmith
What's the nightlife like at UEA? Going to the open day tomorrow but obviously won't learn much about the nightlife!!

I like it :smile:

If you're used to a big city you might find it a little limited, but there is still a choice of clubs. Plus the union has it's own club nights for students, some various types of music, some themed with fancy dress. There are also about a million pubs and other things to do, like cinema, bowling, theatre, restaurants, bars, socials. I really liked it but I am not used to city life so it may not be a fair comparison!

Xxx

posted from the TSR Android app
Reply 822
Hey guys,

I was supposed to attend an open day at UEA today and find out more about the UNI and it's pharmacy department. But, I ended up not being able to go at the last minute :frown: will that affect my ucas application as I cancelled the booking and didn't attend?

Thank you!
Original post by sals1234
Hey guys,

I was supposed to attend an open day at UEA today and find out more about the UNI and it's pharmacy department. But, I ended up not being able to go at the last minute :frown: will that affect my ucas application as I cancelled the booking and didn't attend?

Thank you!

No it won't.
Reply 824
Original post by HattieBee
Hi!

I didn't realise UEA had a japanese course until very recently and so thinking of applying there now as I really like Norwich.

As it's a pretty new course I can't find much about it on forums etc..

I was just wondering how any of you were finding it so far?
First impressions etc?

I'm also interested in that question.

I don't know what course should I do, I only know I'm applying to UEA can you please help me?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2144638
Hi im a UEA student and im confused a little about the sportspark. Im on a pay and you play membership.

So when i go in do i pay the receptionist then go through the turnstile or do i used my card through the members turnstile then pay the receptionist on the other side if that makes any sense.

Also how much would a meal be at the cafe below zest, say chips and a main dish?
Original post by james_smithy123
Hi im a UEA student and im confused a little about the sportspark. Im on a pay and you play membership.

So when i go in do i pay the receptionist then go through the turnstile or do i used my card through the members turnstile then pay the receptionist on the other side if that makes any sense.

Also how much would a meal be at the cafe below zest, say chips and a main dish?

Zest is the one below, blend is the cafe above it :tongue: I think main dishes in there are 4.95 iirc.
Original post by makingamemory
Zest is the one below, blend is the cafe above it :tongue: I think main dishes in there are 4.95 iirc.

Oops thats for correcting me :colondollar:, my friend thought it was amazing you could be in the square and then outside the arts building.

Ok thank you, so ill be paying around £6-£7 for a meal?
Oops thats for correcting me :colondollar:, my friend thought it was amazing you could be in the square and then outside the arts building.

dw, took me ages to remember which ones were blend/zest/hive/vista! haha guess she loves Chapelfields & Castle Mall then, as you go in on the ground floor, and then can come out onto street level on one of the upper floors.

I THINK it's 4.95 for the main and two sides...I THINK. I've never actually bought anything from Zest just seen posters walking past it.
dw, took me ages to remember which ones were blend/zest/hive/vista! haha guess she loves Chapelfields & Castle Mall then, as you go in on the ground floor, and then can come out onto street level on one of the upper floors.

I THINK it's 4.95 for the main and two sides...I THINK. I've never actually bought anything from Zest just seen posters walking past it.

I thought it was just those 2 :eek:, looks like it will be fun working it out :tongue:. Haha she hasn't been yet but when she went to primark she thought it was cool that it had 2 entry/exit points.

Ah ok thanks for your help :smile:
I thought it was just those 2 :eek:, looks like it will be fun working it out :tongue:. Haha she hasn't been yet but when she went to primark she thought it was cool that it had 2 entry/exit points.

Ah ok thanks for your help :smile:

zest - bottom, blend - middle, vista (for post grads/staff) - top. Hive is the cafe next to the LCR, then cafe direct is next to accommodation.
okay she'll go crazy in chapelfields and castle mall. Tell her to go to go to chapelfields tomorrow as theyre doing their student night there 30% off.
no problem!
zest - bottom, blend - middle, vista (for post grads/staff) - top. Hive is the cafe next to the LCR, then cafe direct is next to accommodation.
okay she'll go crazy in chapelfields and castle mall. Tell her to go to go to chapelfields tomorrow as theyre doing their student night there 30% off.
no problem!

Ohh thanks for explaining it to me :smile:. Hahaha im tempted to go for the superdry event, but im so behind on work and reading.
Ohh thanks for explaining it to me :smile:. Hahaha im tempted to go for the superdry event, but im so behind on work and reading.

go for it! you've got the weekend/dont have to spend all night there :tongue: Plus the next time they do it is in spring.
go for it! you've got the weekend/dont have to spend all night there :tongue: Plus the next time they do it is in spring.

Well i do need more clothes... ill have to think about it :tongue:. They said they had "goody bags" which im intrigued to what they are but i suspect they only have like 5 so im not sure.

First world problems :colondollar:.
Reply 834
no problem!

Dammit, completely didn't know this was on and needed new clothes, was even in town that evening!

I can confirm it's £4.95 for a main, which will be something like curry with rice popadom and naan, pasta with a choice of sauce, bread and salad, a massive pizza slice with wedges and salad, roast dinner, etc.

I really like their food, and there's always plenty of choice. They also have salad bar or soup options which are cheaper, they do pick and mix breakfast and I think chips are always available with sausages etc which I think is a bit cheaper than £4.95. There's a loyalty card where you buy 10 main meals get one free, which is decent if you decide to eat there often.

The into building on campus also does meals and they are usually a but cheaper though I haven't been in there this year.

Xxx

Original post by kpwxx

I can confirm it's £4.95 for a main, which will be something like curry with rice popadom and naan, pasta with a choice of sauce, bread and salad, a massive pizza slice with wedges and salad, roast dinner, etc.

I really like their food, and there's always plenty of choice. They also have salad bar or soup options which are cheaper, they do pick and mix breakfast and I think chips are always available with sausages etc which I think is a bit cheaper than £4.95. There's a loyalty card where you buy 10 main meals get one free, which is decent if you decide to eat there often.

The into building on campus also does meals and they are usually a but cheaper though I haven't been in there this year.

Xxx

Awesome, thats for confirming :smile:. Thats pretty good then, i went there yesterday as my seminar was cancelled and got a fry up for £4.50 :biggrin:.
Hey all,

I am hopefully going to UEA in September next year, is there a place I can keep my road bike secure or are we allowed to keep them in our halls rooms? Noticed there is a cycling club so they must keep theirs somewhere. Read that they can be a 'fire obstruction' in some places.

Cheers
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 837
Original post by anthonysjb
Hey all,

I am hopefully going to UEA in September next year, is there a place I can keep my road bike secure or are we allowed to keep them in our halls rooms? Noticed there is a cycling club so they must keep theirs somewhere. Read that they can be a 'fire obstruction' in some places.

Cheers

There are loads bike racks all over campus and then there are two main lock up sheds which you need to know a code to get into - one in the middle of campus and one in the village. You can't keep it in your accommodation, but they'll be a rack right outside so you'll be fine.
Original post by anthonysjb
Hey all,

Cheers

literally everywhere you turn there's a bike rack! a lot of them are hidden under the walkways as well, or behind buildings. There's a secure shed near Nelson Court-LCR-Launderette area and also one in the village, there may be more but I'm not sure on their exact location. To use the secure ones you'll need the code from security.
literally everywhere you turn there's a bike rack! a lot of them are hidden under the walkways as well, or behind buildings. There's a secure shed near Nelson Court-LCR-Launderette area and also one in the village, there may be more but I'm not sure on their exact location. To use the secure ones you'll need the code from security.

Without sounding too sinster :tongue:, are there many bike crashes in winter due to snow/ ice? Or are the UEA pretty good at gritting pavements.

Hopefully i dont have to pretend to be a car because the roads are gritted so much better in my home town :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending