The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6120
Next 3 hour tattoo session on my leg on saturday, quite excited. Takes me up to 9 hours on my left leg, only another 4-5 to go after that!

Pictures will be posted on completion, it's not finished yet!
I've had my lip piercing in for about 3 years now and the gum has receded slightly. It's not a huge problem and it's not huge, but I just wondered whether you think that if I took the piercing out or wore a bioplast one the problem would reverse?

Or is it just a case of preventing further damage now?
Original post by aliluvschoc
I've had my lip piercing in for about 3 years now and the gum has receded slightly. It's not a huge problem and it's not huge, but I just wondered whether you think that if I took the piercing out or wore a bioplast one the problem would reverse?

Or is it just a case of preventing further damage now?

I'm almost certain I've read that it cannot be reverse.
I did research on the topic before getting my frowny pierced.

I would recommend going for bioplast, I've heard great things.
Original post by Popppppy
I'm almost certain I've read that it cannot be reverse.
I did research on the topic before getting my frowny pierced.

I would recommend going for bioplast, I've heard great things.

I'm a little confused because I thought I'd read the same, but now I'm finding stories where people are adamant theirs has grown back - I didn't think it was possible. I think I'll probably go for the bioplast anyway.
quick q
what's best for a belly button piercing? titanium or surgical steel?
i want a new bar and can't for the life of me remember what the metal i have right now is
thing is i've had no problems with this one whereas my old one caused it to reject
so i need to be extra sure i buy the correct metal that agrees with me
wish i could remember!
Reply 6125
Original post by Laura1234567890
quick q
what's best for a belly button piercing? titanium or surgical steel?
i want a new bar and can't for the life of me remember what the metal i have right now is
thing is i've had no problems with this one whereas my old one caused it to reject
so i need to be extra sure i buy the correct metal that agrees with me
wish i could remember!

titanium is always best

Sent from my GT-S5363
Hi,

I want to get a septum piercing. I've never had any piercings before. I live in north London. Where do you recommend? Can anyone tell me the sort of things I need to know if I'm getting one done? I want to be able to hide it while it heals as I don't know if work will be pleased. I don't want it to be too small as i don't think it would look right on me... What thickness do you usually get pierced as initially or can you choose?

I'm pretty new to all this so apologies for any stupid questions

Cheers :yy:
Reply 6127
Original post by littleshambles
Hi,

I want to get a septum piercing. I've never had any piercings before. I live in north London. Where do you recommend? Can anyone tell me the sort of things I need to know if I'm getting one done? I want to be able to hide it while it heals as I don't know if work will be pleased. I don't want it to be too small as i don't think it would look right on me... What thickness do you usually get pierced as initially or can you choose?

I got my septum done by Darren in London, but he isn't piercing atm. He is one of the best piercers in the UK, though. Usually septums are at 14g (1.6mm) but they can be done at 16g (1.2mm)
Original post by littleshambles
Hi,

You will need to give it a god salt soak twice a day, you should have it pierced with a staple shaped retainer that flips up into the nose so you cant see it (ihad one in for the healing period, you couldnt see it). It will get pierced at 1.2 or 1.6mm (prob 1.6 but someone correct me if wrong). It will sting for a good 10 days after as you will get crusties forming on the bar and they get pulled through the nose but it does clear up. As for where to go, im not sure!
Reply 6129
Just to keep the thread/convo going....

Had another session on my left leg on saturday, now up to 9 hours, probably another 4 to go. Cannot wait to show you guys :biggrin:

ankle to knee... Front of shin is a lighthouse in a storm; the storm carries on around the back of my leg where a little rowing boat is being attacked by a huge sea serpent. that covers about 3/4 of the height on the back of my calf, at the top is an old school swallow and anchor, and kind of on the side of my leg in the clouds is a large old school compass.

Itches like a bastard at the moment.
So... I've never posted here before, but I just got my nipples pierced yesterday. I'm giddy with excitement. Love them!!!
Reply 6131
It is officially Halloween because I have my new pumpkin plugs :grin:
Would it be really chavvy and tacky to get a tattoo in Chinese? I live in China at the moment and know a small amount of the language although I imagine I'll be relatively conversational in a few months time.

It's barely legible but I think Chinese calligraphy is beautiful and I'd love to have something calligraphic. It's not gonna happen any time soon, but I was just wondering what people's opinions of this are?
Got my tragus pierced yesterday! :biggrin: The guy was so good; it was quick and practically painless. I think I'll be going back there for a forward helix.
Got my tattoo finished in September, it's all healed now and I LOVE it! Just thought I'd share with you :smile:

527758_3851948740340_978090449_n.jpg
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Would it be really chavvy and tacky to get a tattoo in Chinese? I live in China at the moment and know a small amount of the language although I imagine I'll be relatively conversational in a few months time.

It's barely legible but I think Chinese calligraphy is beautiful and I'd love to have something calligraphic. It's not gonna happen any time soon, but I was just wondering what people's opinions of this are?

Tattoos should be personal...who cares if other people see them as 'chavvy'. If getting chinese lettering would mean something to you, then go for it.
I would say getting a tattoo in another language is risky unless you yourself know the language and design it, or have a trusted person design it for you!
Anyone know how much Claires Accessories charge for lobe piercing these days?

I know there are better places to get piercings done, but for something so simple as a second set of lobe piercings I'd rather just go back there as its where I had the first set done like eight years ago and never had any problems with them.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Anyone know how much Claires Accessories charge for lobe piercing these days?

I know there are better places to get piercings done, but for something so simple as a second set of lobe piercings I'd rather just go back there as its where I had the first set done like eight years ago and never had any problems with them.

You should really get them done with a needle.
It's not that much more expensive, most places are approx £10/ear or sometimes £15 for both.

I've just checked the Claire's website and you're looking at at least £15 from there anyway, so there is no reason to choose them over a reputable piercer. :smile:
If you post whereabout in the country you are I'm sure someone can recommend you somewhere.
(edited 11 years ago)
Ah, BodModSoc. I was here just before I got my lip done and now a year later, I have my nostril done as well. I had a stud in for a few months and now I've put in a ring. I seriously love it. It kinda makes me feel like a woman who's just put on a sexy dress. But in a manly sort of way.
Reply 6139
I want to get my nose pierced with a ring but have heard you shouldn't do that by a few people?
Can anyone shed some light on this?
I also suffer from allergies so don't know whether or not it'd be an issue?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending