The Student Room Group

Ambitious UCAS choice - Is it worth it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by wtfCharlie
Thank you for being realistic and honest but not totally pessimistic! :smile:

Original post by Energy_Purple
Hm, I actually think that's a fair point to be honest :smile: I mean, I legitimately had fun writing my PS, and the helpers here on TSR have said that it's one of the strongest they've seen, so I guess it'll only be a help to me if the Admissions Tutor thinks the same thing :smile:

Thank you very much for your help!!! You've really helped me feel a lot more secure and comfortable about things :smile:

Happy to help, guys. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with your applications. In the meantime, try not to stress too much. I know I was a nervous wreck this time last year but it turned out fine in the end!
Reply 41
Hi! I'm also having the same problem!
My AS levels are : B (Maths) B ( Eco) B(Bio) C(Chem)
A2 predictions AAA... Dropped chem.
My uni choices are:
Leeds - Accounting and Finance - AAA
Manchester- Accounting and Finance - AAA/AAB
Bristol- Accounting and Finance - AAA/AAB
Notts- Finance, Accounting and Management- AAB
Durham- AAB
I was thinking to replace Bristol with a less competitive university but i'm so confused.. am i being too ambitious with a lot of them?
Btw my gcses are: A*AAAAAABBB (with Bs in Eco, business and english lang :/ )
Many Thanks!
Reply 42
Original post by siddyt
Hi! I'm also having the same problem!
My AS levels are : B (Maths) B ( Eco) B(Bio) C(Chem)
A2 predictions AAA... Dropped chem.
My uni choices are:
Leeds - Accounting and Finance - AAA
Manchester- Accounting and Finance - AAA/AAB
Bristol- Accounting and Finance - AAA/AAB
Notts- Finance, Accounting and Management- AAB
Durham- AAB
I was thinking to replace Bristol with a less competitive university but i'm so confused.. am i being too ambitious with a lot of them?
Btw my gcses are: A*AAAAAABBB (with Bs in Eco, business and english lang :/ )
Many Thanks!

I think you should definitely consider a university which is ABB/BBB as that's what your AS grades are just to be safe, "better to be safe than sorry", I had to do the same with mine, more for my peace of mind more than anything.
Reply 43
Original post by firebolt
I think you should definitely consider a university which is ABB/BBB as that's what your AS grades are just to be safe, "better to be safe than sorry", I had to do the same with mine, more for my peace of mind more than anything.

Thank you! i was thinking of sheffield- ABB, what about my other choices do you think they're reasonable? With a really good ps and a lot of work experience?
Reply 44
Original post by siddyt
Thank you! i was thinking of sheffield- ABB, what about my other choices do you think they're reasonable? With a really good ps and a lot of work experience?

Well your predicted AAA so I would say so but if you got an offer do you think you would be able to get the AAA?
Reply 45
Yes, i was predicted all As for my AS anyway apart from chemistry.
In maths i achieved AAD, the D being in statistics, so if i revise my weaknesses over and over again i think ill be able to achieve those offers.
I was more thinking whether a university like bristol/manchester would be put off my BBBC at AS but will this be compensated by AAA predictions, a good pm and a lot of work experience?
Reply 46
Original post by siddyt
Yes, i was predicted all As for my AS anyway apart from chemistry.
In maths i achieved AAD, the D being in statistics, so if i revise my weaknesses over and over again i think ill be able to achieve those offers.
I was more thinking whether a university like bristol/manchester would be put off my BBBC at AS but will this be compensated by AAA predictions, a good pm and a lot of work experience?

I dont think they'll be put off your AS results, as your predictions are fairly reasonable (you're predicted one grade up, and doing 3 subjects will help you focus more on those 3). Retake S1 in January and try to get better at it whilst you still remember it (if you're on OCR I had a few resources that may help) . But as stated above, make sure you have a backup choice. Goodluck
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 47
Thank you! I'm doing edexcel :frown: but very much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending