The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7420
Original post by Tommyjw
Deserved, selection, tactics and performance been poor.

How exactly do we keep hiring clueless ****s who persist playing such terrible formations?

England have an absolute abundance of generic wingers who are all on more or less the same level. If you want to play a moronic 4-4-2 then at least pick them! Or if you want more midfielders then play Cleverly there as he has done well this season.

Clearly Poland have one move, literally one ****ing move. 1-2 down the right hand side, so if Milner is going to be useless on one side of the pitch, may as well stick him on the left to try and stop it rather than allowing him to wander around uselessly on the right :rolleyes:
Hodgson is doing exactly what will seal his fate. Nothing will get people calling for his head, than making mistakes everyone has seen coming for ages. It was clear Poland were going to score from shortly after half time and Defoe stopped being an option once Rooney moved. Its obvious so why did he do nothing?
Reply 7422
Original post by doggyfizzel
Hodgson is doing exactly what will seal his fate. Nothing will get people calling for his head, than making mistakes everyone has seen coming for ages. It was clear Poland were going to score from shortly after half time and Defoe stopped being an option once Rooney moved. Its obvious so why did he do nothing?

Rooney has never been great out on the left either, so why not just hook Defoe, stick Rooney up front, put Cleverly behind him and have AOC on the left. Make sure the defence plays 15 yards further forward with Lescott drifting to left allowing Cole to push on to their winger to try and intercept their special move.
Reply 7423
Original post by SciFiRory
hey, according to the British media he is the best keeper in the world right now :rolleyes:

Perhaps the best in the world is pushing it but compared to keepers England have had lately, he's generally very good, poor for the Poland goal yes, but a strong no. 1 imo.

This game is making me wonder why I keep watching England, it just never changes does it, typical nothing performance, the odd glimpse of quality and then 20 minutes of nothing and Hodgson seems to be lacking ideas already and based on the game I'd say a draw is a decent result.

And if anyone in the media or anywhere even dares to make the question 'can we win the world cup?' between now and June 2014 then they need help, and to think we're supposed to be 4th in the world:rolleyes:
Original post by Mess.
Rooney has never been great out on the left either, so why not just hook Defoe, stick Rooney up front, put Cleverly behind him and have AOC on the left. Make sure the defence plays 15 yards further forward with Lescott drifting to left allowing Cole to push on to their winger to try and intercept their special move.
Exactly. I just think its sad that against Poland, instead of thinking lets win this, we are yet again playing it safe with Milner on the right. On the left okay, stop the RB, but why the right?

Pitch is so poor though, how many times have we seen players slipping over.
Reply 7425
I literally cannot think of a more one sided team than Poland. Greece found them out after 20 minutes in the Euro's and they haven't changed since.
Reply 7426
Embarrassing.

Can't event beat Poland.
Yet another match where i come out of it asking for a new manager.
Reply 7428
Original post by Tommyjw
Yet another match where i come out of it asking for a new manager.

It is so simple though. I think your average FM player would be able to do a better job on the tactical side at the very least.
Gerrard best for us which is saying something (not that he was bad, just no1 was anything special)

Cleverley and Jag were okay, rest were poor.

Oh well, back to real football now.
Original post by Mess.
It is so simple though. I think your average FM player would be able to do a better job on the tactical side at the very least.

Yep.

But he will probably come out praising Milner like he is Messi and saying he admired how Cleverley plays on the wing and he looks to use them like that in the future, such are our managers.
Original post by Mess.
Its not even tactical genius required it just being flexible. He's not got to create some Barca unravelling master plan, just be tactically aware enough to create an individual plan for each game and tweak it. He's got plenty of time to ****ing think about it.
Have trouble with English?

Understand what the word 'okay' means?
Not at all.

Fullbacks were awful, Defoe did **** all, Hart wasnt good, Both CBs made large mistakes. Cleverley played better than all of them overall.
Original post by Tommyjw
Yep.

But he will probably come out praising Milner like he is Messi and saying he admired how Cleverley plays on the wing and he looks to use them like that in the future, such are our managers.

if he says that he should be sacked on the spot.

poor, poor performance, players were ineffectual out of position, Hart shown up yet again as being prone to errors (seriously, had that been De Gea the press would lynch him!), Milner is just rubbish full stop, how he is even in the squad for us is beyond me, Oxlade Chamberlin at least has bloody pace.

and let's not forget Lescott the ball watcher, **** me was he poor again! Carrick was poor today as well.
Reply 7435
Original post by doggyfizzel
Its not even tactical genius required it just being flexible. He's not got to create some Barca unravelling master plan, just be tactically aware enough to create an individual plan for each game and tweak it. He's got plenty of time to ****ing think about it.

He could even just play FM to see how his ****ty tactics might work and more likely fail.

There is absolutely no ****ing point playing 4 central midfielders as a wide, flat 4. You don't control the ball and you offer no threat down the wings. It is obvious to a child which is why they don't do it on FIFA ffs.
Reply 7436
I knew the Rooney being taken off thing would be a talking point :rolleyes: He was awful and completely missed the target when Welbeck played the ball back to him.
Reply 7437
Tbf we probably would have won that had he adopted those tactics. Pace is even more important in international football than club football because international teams don't have as long to create super organised defenses and tactics. It is why teams with a couple of rapid players can cause havoc!
Reply 7438
Hahahahhaahhahahahahahahaha, woy.
Reply 7439
Pleased with a point because we weren't good enough :facepalm2: It is your job to make them ****ing good enough.

Latest