The Student Room Group

Dental hygiene/therapy Sheffield

Hi. Is there anyone currently on the course or someone who has had an interview for dental hygiene/therapy at Sheffield who can tell me about the interview process and what to expect please.

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi do you have an interview?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Original post by Kp55555
Hi do you have an interview?

Yes! I got a letter yesterday. I'm so nervous & excited! :smile:)
Reply 3
Me too. When is yours? X

Reply 4
I got a letter too,
how to start preparing?
i am happy, excited and very nervous! :eek:
Reply 5
I am also very nervous, I have no idea what kind of questions to expect and what to prepare for!

Reply 6
Original post by Kp55555
I am also very nervous, I have no idea what kind of questions to expect and what to prepare for!

Feel free to get in contact. I'm a qualified hygienist/therapist, I might be able to help :wink: Been through it
Reply 7
Hi nebodyhome,
Could you please guide us to do well in interview. What they asked you? Could you please share your experience and give us feedback, it would be grateful.
Thank you, your help really appreciated.
Please!
Reply 8
Hi kp5555
where are you located?
When is your interview? Mine is on 15 th november.
have you started preparing?
Reply 9
Hi

I'm in West Midlands

My interview is 14th November!
I haven't started preparing Yet as I'm not quite sure what to prepare for!

Reply 10
I've got my interview at Sheffield on 15th aswell. Is it just ladies who go for Dental Hygiene and Therapy or will I be facing some competition from some gents?

hmmm

Btw has any1 applied for Leeds? If so do you know when they start, is it in April 2013 or September? Can't seem to find a start date on their website??
Reply 11
Mine is on the 13th! So I guess I'll be first in there! :/
Reply 12
Wow there must be so many people if all the interviews are held over 3 days! You could let us know the details after you've been?

Reply 13
Original post by Kp55555
Wow there must be so many people if all the interviews are held over 3 days! You could let us know the details after you've been?

err . . . yeah . . . nice try. I dont think Matstu will be giving much away after intvw just yet. lol.
Reply 14
Hi Medi, have you applied for the course in Leeds? I have too but didn't hear from them yet or have I not been short listed? :frown:
Have you got the interview for Leeds as well?

Nice to know so many ladies!!!

:biggrin:
Reply 15
Yeah we'll said kp5555, please let us know how the interview went on 13 n 14th, please ladies help each other.
Reply 16
Well I would certainly help you out!

Reply 17
Although saying that I doubt there will be any 'set questions'
It will be more personal statement based and they will be judging you character and eagerness to want to be on the course

Reply 18
Original post by Rashupravi
Hi Medi, have you applied for the course in Leeds? I have too but didn't hear from them yet or have I not been short listed? :frown:
Have you got the interview for Leeds as well?

Nice to know so many ladies!!!

:biggrin:

I'm in the process of applying, haven't sent the form off yet, but hopefully by the end of next week.

I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. One would assume they make their invitations for interview after the deadline for recieving applications has passed. That way they can judge everyone fairly, especially if they only have limited interview slots, which I assume they do.

I applied last minute, literally sent my application special next day delivery with Sheffield such that they recieved it on the final day (28th Sept) so I'm hoping the same applies with Leeds.

It is great to see so many ladies applying, hopefully the novelty of a gent will make them feel for me and let me in!!

Kp5555: Thats great that you would share your experience, I would too. But only after getting an answer one way or the other!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
In regards interview questions, I'm sure we all know generally what to expect:

why do you want to be a dental hygienest/therapist?
why have you chosen sheffield?
what qualities do you think make a good dental hygienist?
tell me about your work experience?
what size are your feet?

. . .

ok maybe not the last one, but they might throw a dummy question in just to shake things up. lol.

Quick Reply

Latest