The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by confuzzled92
Hello :smile:

I finished Macross Frontier which was nice
and Aria the Animation, which I liked so much that I'm thinking of putting off the sequels to drag the series out :o:
I'm thinking of Twelve Kingdoms as my next show.

What's a good on-season anime to follow weekly?

from this season i recommend

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Magi
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga ****ai!
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Anyone with a few $$$ to spare fancy Kickstarting an anime?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/production-ig/masaaki-yuasas-kick-heart

This definitely looks like my kind of thing, and payday is tomorrow so I found out about it at just the right time. :biggrin: Will probably go for the $30 option, mostly for the 1080p download and DVD. :beard:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3882
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Anyone with a few $$$ to spare fancy Kickstarting an anime?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/production-ig/masaaki-yuasas-kick-heart

This definitely looks like my kind of thing, and payday is tomorrow so I found out about it at just the right time. :biggrin: Will probably go for the $30 option, mostly for the 1080p download and DVD. :beard:

How interesting, thanks for posting the link. I have to say, the $10,000+ option is tempting, but I don't think I'll be able to justify such an expense to the other half. $30 it'll have to be. :tongue:
Reply 3883
On the anime front, I've picked up practically everything from the new season. It's difficult to say at this point whether I'll keep all of them on or, more accurately, if I'll be able to.

What's for certain is that I'll definitely stick with Btooom! for now, it's the Mirai Nikki/Deadman Wonderland anime of the season.

K is beautifully animated and there's potential plot wise, but I'm still undecided with this one.

Little Busters! is distinctly Key and I'm sure inline with that the slice-of-life shenanigans will slowly stray in favour of melodrama. :tongue:

Magi is oddly refreshing given its Arabian setting and it's been a while since I've picked up anything of the fantasy shounen genre.

Busou Shinki is my guilty pleasure of the season, along with that brocon anime. It's all very cute and easy to digest without thinking too much. Just one thing, what's up with the guy's face!? They could have at least spent a bit more time, even with the budget constraints. :tongue:

Girls und Panzer is on a tight rope. I haven't seen the second episode yet, but the first didn't really sell it to me. We'll see...

Will comment on the others I'm watching later... maybe.

Edit:

Based off the first episode alone, Ixon Saga is very generic and average. I'll give the second ago, but I have a feeling I'll be dropping this one for now.

Chu-2 is KyoAni's offering this season and it's proving pretty enjoyable. Rikka is adorable, and Yuuta isn't a bad lead. The premise itself is pretty unusual, more what I'd expect Shinbo and Shaft to conjure up, but I'm sensing that it's more of a plot device to add a tinge of originality to what would otherwise be a standard romance. I might be wrong, of course. Will probably follow this one until the end.

Code:Breaker is pretty good. It's one of those anime that could end up being one of the best of the season or fall completely flat. I was surprised by how explicit the beating of the female main character was, even though she didn't seem that phased by it, and the death of the dog, which was saddening. :frown:

From The New World will probably receive the best response from viewers, or certainly one of, and it's easy to see why. The plot is intriguing and multilayered and the animation is attractive. However, I can't say that I'm anticipating the next episode all that much when I watch it. I guess I've never been that into mysteries.

Will continue this later... :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
a kiss as good as deep fried chicken :rofl:
Reply 3885
Best part of Chu-2 episode

Reply 3886
Initial d is the best

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I pledged the $30 I said I would for Kick-Heart, and also bought the manga oneshot Shirley, this time for thirty pounds sterling... wish I'd bought it while CMX were still in business for £5-8. :p:
Reply 3888
Original post by Carecup
Best part of Chu-2 episode

When I watch Chuuni, I do so with a big ****-eating grin.

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3889
Original post by Tabris
When I watch Chuuni, I do so with a big ****-eating grin.

I've surprised myself by enjoying it. It's the first thing with KyoAni's name attached which I've liked in a long time. Obviously Gyrozetter is the best new show, but still.
(edited 11 years ago)
Cant wait for SAO :biggrin:

I read Shirahime-Syo, and thought it was fantastic. Great art (better even than some of CLAMP's better known works, I'd say), and none of the poor pacing that usually annoys me about short stories. My only complaint is that there were only three chapters, would have loved more!

I was fortunate enough to win The One I Love (also by CLAMP) on ebay for £2.50 earlier. :biggrin: I'm finding that checking ebay regularly for the same hard-to-get volumes is well worth the effort. *has been checking for this particular volume on and off since August*
Reply 3892
Reply 3893
Hey everyone I just joined:biggrin:

But to get started my recent anime viewing has been with the new season. I haven't been able to watch tons due to Sixth Form and other things but I kinda have a lot on my watching list and have to still start some like Chuuni. But personal favourites that look promising so far are; Little Busters, Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes and Zetsuen no Tempest!
Original post by Onoderas
Hey everyone I just joined:biggrin:

But to get started my recent anime viewing has been with the new season. I haven't been able to watch tons due to Sixth Form and other things but I kinda have a lot on my watching list and have to still start some like Chuuni. But personal favourites that look promising so far are; Little Busters, Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes and Zetsuen no Tempest!

Im in a2 and i have time xD, try sword art onlint, btooom!, sukitte iinayo they are quite good ones on going

Reply 3895
Original post by CosmicVengeance
Im in a2 and i have time xD, try sword art onlint, btooom!, sukitte iinayo they are quite good ones on going

I've recently been getting more but it's half term next week so that's gonna be major anime time! But I love Sword art Online so much! I know people say it's rushed and I kidna agree but I just feel like it's getting better and better. Btooom is on my plan to watch and I saw the first episode of Sukitte Iinayo and it looks promising so far! I'm also watching the other shoujo airing right now, Tonari no Kaibutsu kun? It was pretty funny :tongue: What else are you watching!?
I've recently been getting more but it's half term next week so that's gonna be major anime time! But I love Sword art Online so much! I know people say it's rushed and I kidna agree but I just feel like it's getting better and better. Btooom is on my plan to watch and I saw the first episode of Sukitte Iinayo and it looks promising so far! I'm also watching the other shoujo airing right now, Tonari no Kaibutsu kun? It was pretty funny :tongue: What else are you watching!?

Yeah in watching tonari no kaibutau kun, just saw the 4th ep

Spoiler

I started watching Magi its pretty funny and interesting and thats about it tbh, i don't really like code breaker I've read the manga its not all that so il pass it, and not to mention that anime with the woman who is trapped on an island unable to use magic (cant remember what its called) but that one is interesting too because of the art and nice fighting scenes, which a levels u doing btw?

(edited 11 years ago)
Yeah in watching tonari no kaibutau kun, just saw the 4th ep Spoiler:

That's not how spoiler tags work. :no: [noparse]

Spoiler

[/noparse] is what you need, ends up looking like this:

Spoiler

Myself, I've nearly seen all the new season first episodes that I wanted to see - thoughts about ten of those on my blog (minor first ep spoilers inside), with another ten to come tomorrow if all goes well. Still three weeks behind though. :sigh: I'm using a sort of knockout tournament method to narrow my viewing down to five new series, which my internet speeds should be able to handle weekly. :biggrin:

*idea might be slightly inspired by Robot Wars*
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3898
Yeah in watching tonari no kaibutau kun, just saw the 4th ep Spoiler

Spoiler

I started watching Magi its pretty funny and interesting and thats about it tbh, i don't really like code breaker I've read the manga its not all that so il pass it, and not to mention that anime with the woman who is trapped on an island unable to use magic (cant remember what its called) but that one is interesting too because of the art and nice fighting scenes, which a levels u doing btw?

I still need to watch the third episode oops, that's something that needs to be done one night when I finish working... But this date and stuff is sounding pretty interesting so far!!

I've seen lots of stuff about Magi everywhere, it's got some kinda tiny guy in it right? I started Code Breaker and it was ehhh I'll stick with it for a bit unless it proves to be too much for me but I'll be sure to remember your manga opinion and let you know how the anime goes! And the Island one with the woman was Zetsuen no Tempest I believe! It looked promising, kinda gave me an NO.6 feel?

And I'm doing R.S, Sociology, Psychology, English Language and Critical Thinking! How about you!?
(edited 11 years ago)
I still need to watch the third episode oops, that's something that needs to be done one night when I finish working... But this date and stuff is sounding pretty interesting so far!!

I've seen lots of stuff about Magi everywhere, it's got some kinda tiny guy in it right? I started Code Breaker and it was ehhh I'll stick with it for a bit unless it proves to be too much for me but I'll be sure to remember your manga opinion and let you know how the anime goes! And the Island one with the woman was Zetsuen no Tempest I believe! It looked promising, kinda gave me an NO.6 feel?

And I'm doing R.S, Sociology, Psychology, English Language and Critical Thinking! How about you!?

Ooh so your all English based damn, Biology, chemistry and psychology, (Aqa a exam board for psychology), yeah and that tiny guy in magi is hilarious the whole anime is like a comedy is disguise it tries not to be funny but it is because of the stupidity people show xD, yeah zetsuen no tempest it looks ok but the things that make it appealing to me is the battle scenes and the art work, btooom is my SAO substitute ive read till the latest manga chapter and its really good

Latest

Trending

Trending