The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i'm 17 now, like 5ft5 and about 10 stoneish... i've not changed since i was like 14ish mate, no joke ;/
Reply 2
It really depends on a person; after 16 I didn't change for a year (or something like that), but then, all of a sudden, I begun to grow again :smile:
Reply 3
Yeh only grew another inch though.
At 16 I was about 5'7, I'm now 18 and around 6ft-6'1

All my brothers are around 6'3 and they were all late bloomers as well though
Reply 5
i haven't grown much since 17...currently at 5'11 i really really want to spurt in my 20s to reach 6'1 perhaps. Is that unrealistic? haha
Aye, didn't really start growing until I was 17/18
yep, I shot up between 16-18 ish. Im 21 now and 6'4" and hopefully stopped growing :biggrin:
Reply 8
Most people don't grow after 15. I haven't grow a single inch after 15 but I had a beard and back hair and everything at the age of 15 and look pretty matured so it is assumed that I would not grow any more. But a friend of mine grew more than 3" after he turned 18 and he is now doing well with girls. The same loser friend of mine is now doing well because of that 3" while I am still a midget.
I mean mate, dont try to date but go get an arrange marriage.
Original post by Luffy.
The same loser friend of mine is now doing well because of that 3" while I am still a midget.
I mean mate, dont try to date but go get an arrange marriage.

How tall are you?
I started growing around 12/13 and just kept getting taller at a reallllyy slow rate, pretty much stopped now at 6'1 at 20

Made clothes and shoe shopping a bloody pain though, since I'd consistently outgrow my stuff every 2/3 years, rather than just shooting up and getting it over and done with :mad:
Reply 11
Original post by Nick1sHere
How tall are you?

5'5.5
Reply 12
I think i stopped growing when i was 15-16... i had a real burst when i was 14 or so but yea i dont think i grew hight after hitting 16 anymore.
Original post by lynx92
i haven't grown much since 17...currently at 5'11 i really really want to spurt in my 20s to reach 6'1 perhaps. Is that unrealistic? haha

In the same situation as you. My brother was 5'10 at 17 and grew to be 6'2
Reply 14
I did at 20 (delayed bone maturation of 3 years)
Reply 15
Original post by monstercable
In the same situation as you. My brother was 5'10 at 17 and grew to be 6'2

u mind sharing how tall your parents are? :smile:

Really trying to calculate my chances here
I was 6ft when i was 16, and I'm 6 2 and a bit now at 19 years old. slowed down a lot so probably going to end at 6 3 by the time I'm 21.
Original post by Luffy.
5'5.5

You're always on about getting an arranged marriage man
I wish! I was 4'10 at the age of 13....6 years later still the same height! :/
Someone please tell me that it is not unusual for a 15/16 year old to only be 5''5. And btw as I am this height at this age, does it mean I won't grow no more

Latest