The Student Room Group

PPE offers for 2013 entry

Hey, i've applied to :

York
Durham
Oxford
Lancaster
and Bath (pol and eco)

Had emails from all except Lancaster but no offers or anyhting yet (i know it is very early)! But i am aware that Southampton have already given out some PPE offers.
So just curious to see when others start getting offers through too.
Good Luck :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone heard back from Lancaster/Exeter/Manchester or anywhere else known for giving PPE offers slightly early?
Reply 2
None that I've heard of. One of my friends got a politics offer from Exeter though

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Unconditional from Manchester but I've already got my grades!
Reply 4
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm

Congrats!!!

Reply 5
Also, Exeter gave out some politics offers last week :smile: (not ppe I know!)

Reply 6
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm

Congratulations, what were your grades if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by G333
Also, Exeter gave out some politics offers last week :smile: (not ppe I know!)

Yeh, I just got my offer for Philosophy and Political Economy yesterday!

Which is obviously quite similar to PPE, so they might get round to it soon.

Any Warwick offers yet?
Reply 8
Original post by lemongrass
Yeh, I just got my offer for Philosophy and Political Economy yesterday!

Which is obviously quite similar to PPE, so they might get round to it soon.

Any Warwick offers yet?

Congratulations! :smile: I was close to applying for that, hopefully PPE offers will come soon!
Reply 9
Yay have bath offer (pol and Eco)
:biggrin:

Reply 10
Original post by G333
Yay have bath offer (pol and Eco)
:biggrin:

Very well done! Bath seem to be on the ball giving out offers!
Reply 11
I haven't even applied yet :s-smilie: damn...
Reply 12
Hi guys :smile:

Is anyone majorly stressing out about offers yet?
I know it is really early and I shouldn't... but I have such a risky application

GCSE: 7A* 4A
AS: AAAB
Predicted A*A*A

I know I have good grades but I didn't do maths, and now its all I can think about. I taught myself C1 and did the exam last year and am finishing this year but still :s-smilie:

Haha please someone reassure me it isn't just me dying :frown: x
Reply 13
Original post by KT987

I know it is really early and I shouldn't... but I have such a risky application

Predicted A*A*A

I know I have good grades but I didn't do maths, and now its all I can think about. I taught myself C1 and did the exam last year and am finishing this year but still :s-smilie:

Where have you applied, that's obviously important!
No need to start worrying yet, your grades are clearly good and I'm sure the Uni's will appreciate you doing the maths this year. Good luck I'm sure you'll get some offers. :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by KT987

Predicted A*A*A

Just keep reminding yourself that PPE is a very competitive course, so unis will wait to give out offers, this will also apply if you have applied to the good ones! (of course there are a few exceptions!)
I wouldn't worry so much about maths. Tbh, C1 isn't really the most relevant module, but either way I wouldn't get stressed about that. Lots of applicant have maths at A level, but there are also lot who wont (or some who have shockingly terrible maths results!). The unis know that and they so provide extra math support to get everyone to the same level.
Hang in there!! The offers will come have brilliant qualifications, remember everyone on tsr is amazing, so don't be intimated an think yours are below average!!

Original post by Mouth
Congratulations! :smile: I was close to applying for that, hopefully PPE offers will come soon!

Thanks! And yeh, good luck!

Original post by KT987

Predicted A*A*A

You shouldn't worry! Like you said it's so early.

Obviously your grades are fantastic, assuming at least one of your A levels is History or a PPE specific subject. And you seem to be making a big effort to remedy your lack of maths, hopefully you have mentioned that somewhere on your application to UCAS. Not sure if you're an Oxbridge applicant, but either way, the Oxford PPE site says:

"For 2011 entry, around 90% of the applicants who were offered places for PPE had studied Maths to at least AS-Level, or equivalent. You may like to consider taking Maths to AS-level, or an equivalent qualification such as IB Standard Level, even if you do not pursue it further. It is useful to have learnt the basics of differentiation before starting your university course in PPE."

And that is exactly what you seem to be doing. So be reassured :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by lemongrass
Thanks! And yeh, good luck!

You shouldn't worry! Like you said it's so early.

Obviously your grades are fantastic, assuming at least one of your A levels is History or a PPE specific subject. And you seem to be making a big effort to remedy your lack of maths, hopefully you have mentioned that somewhere on your application to UCAS. Not sure if you're an Oxbridge applicant, but either way, the Oxford PPE site says:

"For 2011 entry, around 90% of the applicants who were offered places for PPE had studied Maths to at least AS-Level, or equivalent. You may like to consider taking Maths to AS-level, or an equivalent qualification such as IB Standard Level, even if you do not pursue it further. It is useful to have learnt the basics of differentiation before starting your university course in PPE."

And that is exactly what you seem to be doing. So be reassured :smile:

Yeah my A-Levels are History, Economics and English-Lit. I also do the EPQ and general studies (ha) if that has any weighting at all...
Ah thank you :smile: I know it is too early but ever since I pressed send on my UCAS I've been panicking it is so risky! Are you applying?
Reply 17
Original post by G333
Just keep reminding yourself that PPE is a very competitive course, so unis will wait to give out offers, this will also apply if you have applied to the good ones! (of course there are a few exceptions!)
I wouldn't worry so much about maths. Tbh, C1 isn't really the most relevant module, but either way I wouldn't get stressed about that. Lots of applicant have maths at A level, but there are also lot who wont (or some who have shockingly terrible maths results!). The unis know that and they so provide extra math support to get everyone to the same level.
Hang in there!! The offers will come have brilliant qualifications, remember everyone on tsr is amazing, so don't be intimated an think yours are below average!!

Awww thank you! Haha people are so supportive here its so nice :smile: I'm holding out hope for Manchester and Leeds (for Econ&Politics) but Oxford/York/Warwick I have basically no chance...
Reply 18
Original post by Mouth
Where have you applied, that's obviously important!
No need to start worrying yet, your grades are clearly good and I'm sure the Uni's will appreciate you doing the maths this year. Good luck I'm sure you'll get some offers. :smile:

Oxford/Warwick/York/Leeds(Econ&Politics)/Manchester :eek:
Fingers crossed, not too hopeful at the moment...
Reply 19
Original post by KT987
but Oxford/York/Warwick I have basically no chance...
Why do you think that?

Quick Reply

Latest