The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shunter7634
Guess I was wrong - the refs are back! :woo: :biggrin:

Yep, sweet :biggrin:
WOOOOO REAL REFS!

The Pats and Ravens game was pretty dodgy, and that Seahawks Packers game was an absolute travesty. The NFL could have tarnished it's image a lot more than the lockout if they had let this carry on. It's still damaged in my opinion.
Real refs back thank god. Also Kellen Winslow asked to be cut from the Patriots and they granted it. I think its to do with his knee, shame he was actually very good when not hurt but sadly he seemed to be hurt all the time. Probably going to have to retire before it becomes extremely serious...
Officiating in the Packers - Saints game is bull****. The first Saints TD could've well been an OPI and the catch made by Graham that eventually led to a Saints FG was a clear incompletion.
Phins are getting Career games from Hartline, Tannehill (for most of the game), Sean Smith and Cameron Wake (although to be fair despite his lack of sacks he was still rated as the best pass rusher per snap in the NFL before this)...and still, we lose.
Fantastic ending drive from Rodgers and the Pack. Used the injustice of another officiating shambles as motivation.
Reply 4506
Original post by DomBres
Fantastic ending drive from Rodgers and the Pack. Used the injustice of another officiating shambles as motivation.

I think the other team in that game probably had more motivation caused by Injustice...

Unfortunately that team just has a horrific defense and WR Corps that has had a case of the dropsies for 4 games.
Reply 4507
Got the Madden 13 demo a few weeks ago so just got into the sport. Chose to follow the Seattle Seahawks cos they're on the demo, 2 and 2 at the moment - hoping we can make the playoffs but we looked poor against the Rams last week.
Could be the last time Brady and Manning meet. Unless in the playoffs.
I've put a bet on with skybet.

If New England, Houston, Chicago, New York Giants, San Francisco and Baltimore all win I win £480

YES PLEASE!

Separately, I hope the Brady + Manning duel is fun! I have Brady winning because we have a better team but damn its fun to watch these guys square off. Shame it's probably the last one :frown:
Original post by The Patriot
I've put a bet on with skybet.

If New England, Houston, Chicago, New York Giants, San Francisco and Baltimore all win I win £480

YES PLEASE!

Separately, I hope the Brady + Manning duel is fun! I have Brady winning because we have a better team but damn its fun to watch these guys square off. Shame it's probably the last one :frown:

Wondering how our secondary performs against a QB like Manning. Not worried about our offensive line because it was great last week against a supposedly top defensive line. Do you know whats happened to Ras I Dowling and Alfonzo Dennard?
Looks like Mojo, Pat Willis, Frank Gore, VD and co. are coming to the UK next year!

http://www.nfluk.com/opinions/articles/jaguars-face-49ers-2013-wembley
49ers coming over is the icing on the cake. I'm a Jags fan and my brother is a 49ers fan. Should be fun.
Im going insane, what is up with the Patriots ability to close, im sorry Seattle were okay but we gave them that game honestly. It seems like the first half we steam roll then the second we go into a shell and cant move the ball for ****. 3 losses by a combined total of 4 points. Going for the 4th and 2 instead of the field goal costs us. Secondary stinks to high hell as well we can't stop a nosebleed... Jesus we should be winning but so many stupid mistakes are being made...
I'll tell you what makes me go insane, besides everything the Jags do. It's having the most points in the TSR fantasy league and only being sixth.
Original post by TheMagicRat
I'll tell you what makes me go insane, besides everything the Jags do. It's having the most points in the TSR fantasy league and only being sixth.

You're like the Patriots - win by a lot, lose by tiny margins.
I was doing OK until this week - less than 50 points?!
Can't wait for the Patriots at Wembley on 28th, only 10 days now. Brady has been an idol of mine for a few years now and I'm certain it will be the only time I ever get to see him and the team play live so I'm incredibly lucky to have that chance.

That said, I'm not convinced it will be a Pats win as I thought before this season, we just seem to be struggling in the 4th quarter and have an inability to put games to bed. I used to see the Brady-Bellichick partnership as almost infallible but recently I've questioned some of the plays chosen at critical times of the game.
Feeling a Seahawks win tonight. Should be a good game either way though.
Reply 4518
Original post by Scott129
Feeling a Seahawks win tonight. Should be a good game either way though.

Wish I had the day off tomorrow so i could stay up and watch it cos it looks like its gonna be a tasty game.
Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Can't wait for the Patriots at Wembley on 28th, only 10 days now. Brady has been an idol of mine for a few years now and I'm certain it will be the only time I ever get to see him and the team play live so I'm incredibly lucky to have that chance.

That said, I'm not convinced it will be a Pats win as I thought before this season, we just seem to be struggling in the 4th quarter and have an inability to put games to bed. I used to see the Brady-Bellichick partnership as almost infallible but recently I've questioned some of the plays chosen at critical times of the game.

With this team you know our secondary is going to get burned in the game and its whether we can keep outscoring the opponent but for some reason the offense just shuts down the 2nd half. Seahawks game should have been comfortable for us but then Brady threw two picks and we lost the fg opportunity at the end of the first half, we had that in the bag that only for us to some how lose it. 3 games lost by a combined 4 points. Thankfully the schedule is looking like we could and should go on a winning run.

49ners using timeouts like its candy right now not a good idea in what could be a close game...

Latest