The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by justinawe
Yeah, they're fun when you actually have to make them, I just had to slightly tweak mine though :colone:

Jan 2013: C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, FP1
May/June 2013: S2, S3, D1, D2, FP2, FP3
Jan 2014: M1, M2, M3
May/June 2014: S4, M4, M5

tbh I think this schedule is better than my old one anyway. I space out Additional Further Maths over one year, so I can relax more. Plus, my college has Mechanics lessons for the first semester of year 13, so I won't have to self teach M2/M3 :biggrin: only thing is D1/D2 next semester... not looking forward to that :emo:

So why don't you have a whole a level in january? Orare you being clever? :colone:

My Username is really Poisson Distribution :mmm:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
So why don't you have a whole a level in january? Orare you being clever? :colone:

Partly that :colone: but I'm also just following what lessons are made available to me by my college.
Partly that :colone: but I'm also just following what lessons are made available to me by my college.

Aah, fair enough :tongue:

History is a pain in the arse! I don't know whether to undercut a source for its reliability on the same side which I talk about its positives!
Aah, fair enough :tongue:

I'm actually getting a bit annoyed going through Physics past papers... they're not difficult, but all these writing questions! :angry: I WANT MORE MATHS
Original post by Robbie242
History is a pain in the arse! I don't know whether to undercut a source for its reliability on the same side which I talk about its positives!

Yeah :tongue: just say...

However, despite the benefits of such a sourse, it's reliability can be brought into question. Etc.

I'm actually getting a bit annoyed going through Physics past papers... they're not difficult, but all these writing questions! :angry: I WANT MORE MATHS

:lol: I know how you feel :tongue: well... I think I do :colonhash:

Like explain how the first rule of Newtons Law is tied in with the second...

5 marks :tongue:

:lol: I know how you feel :tongue: well... I think I do :colonhash:

Like explain how the first rule of Newtons Law is tied in with the second...

5 marks :tongue:

yup :colonhash: they should make a mathematical physics A-level :tongue:
yup :colonhash: they should make a mathematical physics A-level :tongue:

:rofl: come on :wink: give us the answer:

They really should :colondollar:

Real physics a level :wink:

Yeah :tongue: just say...

However, despite the benefits of such a sourse, it's reliability can be brought into question. Etc.

So for all sources on the sources paper I basically say this is positive because blah blah blah then write a paragraph questioning its reliability using nature origin and purpose? so I assume for the against argument I use the same but then undercut them for reliability which In turn makes them unreliable or supports the other argument I just completed so basically for a b question my teacher said
S K
-S -K

S K
-S -K

s=source, k=knowledge

and then undercut stuff and say although there was evidence to suggest.... in fact there is more convincing evidence supporting the view that...
So for all sources on the sources paper I basically say this is positive because blah blah blah then write a paragraph questioning its reliability using nature origin and purpose? so I assume for the against argument I use the same but then undercut them for reliability which In turn makes them unreliable or supports the other argument I just completed so basically for a b question my teacher said
S K
-S -K

S K
-S -K

s=source, k=knowledge

and then undercut stuff and say although there was evidence to suggest.... in fact there is more convincing evidence supporting the view that...

Yeah, and say things like:

Despite the in-depth insight into *bla bla* it fails to mention *bla bla* which was also a key feature of *bla bla*.

And then use COP:
Content, Origin, Purpose :tongue:

Reply 7231
still trying to take in everything that has happened this week :eek:
Original post by lilGem
still trying to take in everything that has happened this week :eek:
Take a deep breath..........and relax :smile: you got your offers so just go get them grades! :wink:
Reply 7233
Take a deep breath..........and relax :smile: you got your offers so just go get them grades! :wink:

I am :yep: actually need to phone up the grandparents and tell them about UEA :h:
Original post by lilGem
I am :yep: actually need to phone up the grandparents and tell them about UEA :h:

Have you already told them? And him? :biggrin:

Reply 7235
Have you already told them? And him? :biggrin:

they know about Exeter and OB I only heard from UEA last night at open evening so I didn't have a chance.

I'm seeing him today so I'll see his response then :smile:
Original post by lilGem
I'm sure they will be extremely pleased! I hope this is myself next year, none of my family members have ever attended university and I want to be the first! although warwick is like a dream for me, need A*,AA though very tough.
Reply 7237
I'm sure they will be extremely pleased! I hope this is myself next year, none of my family members have ever attended university and I want to be the first! although warwick is like a dream for me, need A*,AA though very tough.

:crossedf:

Ah good luck! Enjoy year 12 :biggrin:

which course are you looking at? :smile:
Original post by lilGem
:crossedf:

Ah good luck! Enjoy year 12 :biggrin:

which course are you looking at? :smile:

Maths or economics depending on AS results + STEP results if maths goes to plan
Original post by lilGem
they know about Exeter and OB I only heard from UEA last night at open evening so I didn't have a chance.

I'm seeing him today so I'll see his response then :smile:

Oooh, what did they say? :redface:

And :woo: :wink:

Latest