The Student Room Group

pharmacy interviews for medway, reading, bradford and DMU.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mpatel35
does anyone know what kind of questions they will as at Reading Pharmacy Interview?

why pharmacy what i wanted to do after my degree... then i was asked to circle the functional groups on an aspirin molecule, two maths conversion questions (eg ml to litres and mg to grams they werent just straight to the point some people got percentage questions) then i was asked to explain what happens to an aspirin molecule when taken in terms of enzyme reaction) people where asked different things just make sure you've read ur ps properly and yeah when asked about a topic you like mention one you know cos you might be asked to talk about it. they were friendly tbh so you would be fine.... sorry for the long essay
Reply 41
Original post by pharmgirl2009
why pharmacy what i wanted to do after my degree... then i was asked to circle the functional groups on an aspirin molecule, two maths conversion questions (eg ml to litres and mg to grams they werent just straight to the point some people got percentage questions) then i was asked to explain what happens to an aspirin molecule when taken in terms of enzyme reaction) people where asked different things just make sure you've read ur ps properly and yeah when asked about a topic you like mention one you know cos you might be asked to talk about it. they were friendly tbh so you would be fine.... sorry for the long essay

ohhh ok thankyou.
you mentioned that when they ask you what topic u like can it be like any topic? bit confused. and also do they ask alot of questions on that particular topic?
Original post by mpatel35
ohhh ok thankyou.
you mentioned that when they ask you what topic u like can it be like any topic? bit confused. and also do they ask alot of questions on that particular topic?

yeah any topic in chemistry or maybe biology could be something in organic chemistry... well they could ask you something related to organic chemistry or maybe biology depending on your interviewer... and you might not get asked extended questions...i got asked those questions cos i said i didnt like biology so much lol
Reply 43
Original post by threerose92
i'd reading & medway

reading ask some complicated bio [if u're doing the sub] & chem questions..they also have a maths test aswell..but some people get asked general questions so it probably depends on the interviewer..anyway got an offer :biggrin:

medway was just general & mental maths questions..so not much to worry about..but they haven't replied to me..had my interview about 2 weeks ago..so assuming its going to be a rejection :frown:

bradford..this wednesday but in the letter it says open day & doesn't mention anything about interview :s-smilie:..so got no clue whts gonna happen

Hey, just wondering if you got an offer from Kent?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Lola213
Hey, just wondering if you got an offer from Kent?

As you probably already saw, this thread was from last year so I'm not sure the original poster/s will reply. But, if you have a question about Medway you should make a new thread or post any questions here and I'll (we) try to help :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Angrystrudel
As you probably already saw, this thread was from last year so I'm not sure the original poster/s will reply. But, if you have a question about Medway you should make a new thread or post any questions here and I'll (we) try to help :smile:

Well I have an interview tomorrow and I would like to know what questions they ask and how the interview is set up?
Thanks

Original post by Lola213
Well I have an interview tomorrow and I would like to know what questions they ask and how the interview is set up?
Thanks

Well nothing is given away from MSOP in terms of the interview, I'm afraid. Other than it will last about 15 minutes...

Your best bet is to go over the common questions you'll typically hear. Why choose Pharmacy? Why choose Medway? Perhaps your strengths, weaknesses... etc etc.

The most important thing to do is to relax. As long as you're not nervous and you keep the conversation flowing, they will see you are a confident and (since you have the grade predictions already) competent candidate. Good luck.
Reply 47
Original post by Angrystrudel
Well nothing is given away from MSOP in terms of the interview, I'm afraid. Other than it will last about 15 minutes...

Your best bet is to go over the common questions you'll typically hear. Why choose Pharmacy? Why choose Medway? Perhaps your strengths, weaknesses... etc etc.

The most important thing to do is to relax. As long as you're not nervous and you keep the conversation flowing, they will see you are a confident and (since you have the grade predictions already) competent candidate. Good luck.

Thanks for that!
I had my interview, I think it went well fingers crossed:smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Lola213
Thanks for that!
I had my interview, I think it went well fingers crossed:smile:

Sorry to get involved but I'm applying for pharmacy this year tooo. Not to kent though but you know... Just wondering, what type of questions did they ask?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending