The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
That's not how spoiler tags work. :no: [noparse]

Spoiler

[/noparse] is what you need, ends up looking like this:

Spoiler

Myself, I've nearly seen all the new season first episodes that I wanted to see - thoughts about ten of those on my blog (minor first ep spoilers inside), with another ten to come tomorrow if all goes well. Still three weeks behind though. :sigh: I'm using a sort of knockout tournament method to narrow my viewing down to five new series, which my internet speeds should be able to handle weekly. :biggrin:

*idea might be slightly inspired by Robot Wars*

Ok sorry, how do i do it in an ipod touch?, and which are your fav series atm

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3901
Original post by CosmicVengeance
Ooh so your all English based damn, Biology, chemistry and psychology, (Aqa a exam board for psychology), yeah and that tiny guy in magi is hilarious the whole anime is like a comedy is disguise it tries not to be funny but it is because of the stupidity people show xD, yeah zetsuen no tempest it looks ok but the things that make it appealing to me is the battle scenes and the art work, btooom is my SAO substitute ive read till the latest manga chapter and its really good

Haha yeah essays seem to be my strength whereas things like Chemistry are just... good luck with them though! I know they're gonna be hard work but we're on the same Psychology course :biggrin: how's A2?. I really need to see it then! I saw some stuff of him and he did look pretty hilarious but things like that just make me laugh so much, it sounds like an anime for me. Yeah I get you, like Zetsuen has such nice art and battle scenes episode one really impressed me with it. But Btooom looks so good, I should start the manga along with the anime as the last thing I did that with was Sekaiichi!
Original post by Onoderas
Haha yeah essays seem to be my strength whereas things like Chemistry are just... good luck with them though! I know they're gonna be hard work but we're on the same Psychology course :biggrin: how's A2?. I really need to see it then! I saw some stuff of him and he did look pretty hilarious but things like that just make me laugh so much, it sounds like an anime for me. Yeah I get you, like Zetsuen has such nice art and battle scenes episode one really impressed me with it. But Btooom looks so good, I should start the manga along with the anime as the last thing I did that with was Sekaiichi!

A2 aint so bad chemistry is pretty much the same as last years june, suddenly my teacher deicdes to up the pace by 3x and were covering like twice the usual content in a lesson and everyone is strugglin plus its a hard topic rofl, idk what hes playing at, my psychology teacher is absolutely crap i could probably sit the exam without going to lessons as we just get a booklet and go through it, and biology is ok ish just lots of content, plus got 2 resits,hbu?. Defo try btooom out though its Exactly like SAO but hardcore 17+gore and profanity so its just The mature version of SAO :biggrin:

Ok sorry, how do i do it in an ipod touch?, and which are your fav series atm

I wouldn't know how to do it on an iPod Touch, as I've never used one... can you not do square brackets or slashes? As long as you can do these, []/, the rest is just text. If you can't, I suppose you'll just continue warning us in the text as you did before. :smile:

Based on only one episode of everything (I've got very slow internet at the moment, so downloading is taking forever), Psycho-Pass sticks out as having the best premise of the season. :yes: Magi is just plain fun as you said; BTOOOM! is great because I like survival games, and the return of Hidamari Sketch is always welcome. :biggrin: Those four and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure will probably make up the five series I keep watching this season, but I'm continuing with the knockout tournament method for another round to give some other good anime like Zetsuen no Tempest and Shin Sekai Yori another chance.

Speaking of which, I posted part two of said tournament on my blog earlier - contains minor first episode spoilers for various series as before.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3904
A2 aint so bad chemistry is pretty much the same as last years june, suddenly my teacher deicdes to up the pace by 3x and were covering like twice the usual content in a lesson and everyone is strugglin plus its a hard topic rofl, idk what hes playing at, my psychology teacher is absolutely crap i could probably sit the exam without going to lessons as we just get a booklet and go through it, and biology is ok ish just lots of content, plus got 2 resits,hbu?. Defo try btooom out though its Exactly like SAO but hardcore 17+gore and profanity so its just The mature version of SAO :biggrin:

I don't think I'd be able to cope with AS Chemistry let alone A2 you're like a genius to me. It's just like a whole new language. But yeah I get what you mean about the pace thing because my Sociology teacher was like that and just says 'do your own revision to fully understand' it's kinda stupid. But it must be so much worse with Chemistry, hopefully they'll slow down before you get to another hard topic or something and not be like that on the next one. We get a booklet too!! But our teacher does more lmao, they need someone decent to teach you. How did you do last year? But yeah Biology looks so intense, I mean the amount of stuff in it but good luck with your resits!!

Mine are going okay so far, I hate English Language so much I know I'm dropping it, it's just so boring. But my Religious Studies and Psychology are going the best:biggrin:, Sociology is a bit hit and miss but oh well.

I'll be sure to try it out hearing that about it just makes me even more excited! It sounds like SAO but even better now seeing as it's got more mature content...
I don't think I'd be able to cope with AS Chemistry let alone A2 you're like a genius to me. It's just like a whole new language. But yeah I get what you mean about the pace thing because my Sociology teacher was like that and just says 'do your own revision to fully understand' it's kinda stupid. But it must be so much worse with Chemistry, hopefully they'll slow down before you get to another hard topic or something and not be like that on the next one. We get a booklet too!! But our teacher does more lmao, they need someone decent to teach you. How did you do last year? But yeah Biology looks so intense, I mean the amount of stuff in it but good luck with your resits!!

Mine are going okay so far, I hate English Language so much I know I'm dropping it, it's just so boring. But my Religious Studies and Psychology are going the best:biggrin:, Sociology is a bit hit and miss but oh well.

I'll be sure to try it out hearing that about it just makes me even more excited! It sounds like SAO but even better now seeing as it's got more mature content...

My chemistry teacher is amazing thats a reason why i like chem, plus i had him last year so its comfortable, i didnt do too well lets say haha, i was predicted EEED, and got BBCD, (D in economics) b in bio and psychol,c in chem, probably going to apply for a foundation pharmacy at manchester, and you're insane to me for choosing Essay style subjects i couldnt write for my life, i just revised hardcore for psychology which worked out as i only revised for like a month before, while for bio/chem i hace to make notes from day one or else you really are commiting suicide in the exam, Im still waiting for the good part to start on btooom :/, i might have already asked but cant remember, do u watch sukitte iinayo ir tonari no kaibutao kin (probably wrong in the name)

Reply 3906
My chemistry teacher is amazing thats a reason why i like chem, plus i had him last year so its comfortable, i didnt do too well lets say haha, i was predicted EEED, and got BBCD, (D in economics) b in bio and psychol,c in chem, probably going to apply for a foundation pharmacy at manchester, and you're insane to me for choosing Essay style subjects i couldnt write for my life, i just revised hardcore for psychology which worked out as i only revised for like a month before, while for bio/chem i hace to make notes from day one or else you really are commiting suicide in the exam, Im still waiting for the good part to start on btooom :/, i might have already asked but cant remember, do u watch sukitte iinayo ir tonari no kaibutao kin (probably wrong in the name)

Lucky! That always makes the subject so much easier and more fun, my GCSE one was really good though so I managed to get through Science! But yeah I mean switching teachers halfway through the course can really suck and just make progress go a bit, I hope I don't get mine changed. But they're some great results congratulations!! I could never get a B in AS science omfg, but that sounds like a good course do you have any idea on what you'll need? I think I'm gonna apply for Religious Studies and Theology at Bristol but it's gonna be hard :s-smilie:. But yeah I mean Psychology just needs so much revision with all the case studies and research, and research methods urgh. But Biol and Chem sounds like R.S and Sociology then, because if the notes aren't there you're just wasting your time even trying.

I just watched the new SAO to take out the anger from English work but it was good and it's making me more excited to start Btooom in a few days... I hope the good part starts soon though! I hate waiting, it's like Steins;Gate. One of my favourite animes ever and the beginning is good but it takes a bit for the really good stuff to get going. And yeah I watch both!! I've seen episode one of Sukitte and 1&2 of Tonari and they're some of the better Shoujo's I've seen in a while:biggrin:.
Lucky! That always makes the subject so much easier and more fun, my GCSE one was really good though so I managed to get through Science! But yeah I mean switching teachers halfway through the course can really suck and just make progress go a bit, I hope I don't get mine changed. But they're some great results congratulations!! I could never get a B in AS science omfg, but that sounds like a good course do you have any idea on what you'll need? I think I'm gonna apply for Religious Studies and Theology at Bristol but it's gonna be hard :s-smilie:. But yeah I mean Psychology just needs so much revision with all the case studies and research, and research methods urgh. But Biol and Chem sounds like R.S and Sociology then, because if the notes aren't there you're just wasting your time even trying.

I just watched the new SAO to take out the anger from English work but it was good and it's making me more excited to start Btooom in a few days... I hope the good part starts soon though! I hate waiting, it's like Steins;Gate. One of my favourite animes ever and the beginning is good but it takes a bit for the really good stuff to get going. And yeah I watch both!! I've seen episode one of Sukitte and 1&2 of Tonari and they're some of the better Shoujo's I've seen in a while:biggrin:.

Yeah rofl i remember steins gate, that mad scientist "I am Mad scientist sonofabitch" made me lol so hard in that accent, yeah they are one of the best since kimi ni todoke and that maid-sama one :biggrin: i only need like CCC to get in its a 5 year course, if not that might go into teaching :redface:
And i tend to watch SAO the second its released in sub which is around 8 on a sat i find it that addicting to watch :/

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3908
Yeah rofl i remember steins gate, that mad scientist "I am Mad scientist sonofabitch" made me lol so hard in that accent, yeah they are one of the best since kimi ni todoke and that maid-sama one :biggrin: i only need like CCC to get in its a 5 year course, if not that might go into teaching :redface:
And i tend to watch SAO the second its released in sub which is around 8 on a sat i find it that addicting to watch :/

Steins;Gate was great!! But yeah omfg that bit at the door lmao plus there's Mayuri's cute little tuturu in every episode :biggrin:. It just got pretty emotional about halfway through I was like well this was unexpected... but they're great! I like shoujo but it's been lacking for a bit now until these came along and I'm so glad. I started KNT, loved the beginning then never managed to get further due to things coming up :[, but Maid-sama is amazing I love it! Especially all of the music I can't wait for season two.

That's not bad at all!! I know you'll be able to get better than CCC, good luck! And with teaching, it's what I've always wanted to go into! I just love helping people out and it just seems great with all of the holidays too. You're one of the first people I've ever met that's also even brought that up as a suggestion everyone else I know is like nope I hate kids. I'm really excited because my Sixth Form does a teacher training kinda course that I'll get to do which'll be a good start:smile:.

But yeah I'm glad SAO comes out on the weekends it's better than it coming out at about 4 am midweek because there's always the chance to watch it right away and when it's SAO that chance is something I want to take up... it's one of my favourites airing I just get addicted too and end up getting too excited for it oops
Steins;Gate was great!! But yeah omfg that bit at the door lmao plus there's Mayuri's cute little tuturu in every episode :biggrin:. It just got pretty emotional about halfway through I was like well this was unexpected... but they're great! I like shoujo but it's been lacking for a bit now until these came along and I'm so glad. I started KNT, loved the beginning then never managed to get further due to things coming up :[, but Maid-sama is amazing I love it! Especially all of the music I can't wait for season two.

That's not bad at all!! I know you'll be able to get better than CCC, good luck! And with teaching, it's what I've always wanted to go into! I just love helping people out and it just seems great with all of the holidays too. You're one of the first people I've ever met that's also even brought that up as a suggestion everyone else I know is like nope I hate kids. I'm really excited because my Sixth Form does a teacher training kinda course that I'll get to do which'll be a good start:smile:.

But yeah I'm glad SAO comes out on the weekends it's better than it coming out at about 4 am midweek because there's always the chance to watch it right away and when it's SAO that chance is something I want to take up... it's one of my favourites airing I just get addicted too and end up getting too excited for it oops

Ooh so are you planning on going into teaching? If so which school and subject, the only thing i hate about SAO is it comes way too late at 8pm so i have to wait the whole day. And is there really a second season of Maid sama coming out??, i want to see a second season of Campione! Didn't think it ended right And HSOD as that was just fun to watch

Reply 3910
World God Only know Tenri OVA first episode is out.

No mention of season 3 as yet however, even though her arc sets up the rest of the story almost up to where the manga is today.
Reply 3911
Ooh so are you planning on going into teaching? If so which school and subject, the only thing i hate about SAO is it comes way too late at 8pm so i have to wait the whole day. And is there really a second season of Maid sama coming out??, i want to see a second season of Campione! Didn't think it ended right And HSOD as that was just fun to watch

Yeah I'd love to go into teaching:biggrin:. Not too sure on the school but I'd love to teach Religious Studies as I just find it interesting especially ethics, how about you?

And yeah I mean we have to wait the whole day for it to come out, wish it was just ready for when I woke up it's too much excitement. But then when it's out it's worth it! I love the second OP and ED though, especially the ED I didn't enjoy the first one a lot. But I'm not too sure, I haven't heard anything about the second season but I hope so! I tried to watch Campione and idk something about it just wasn't for me. BUT HSOD was amazing! One of the first series I watched and they seriously need a season two. As well as the manga coming off hiatus I miss it so much :frown:
Yeah I'd love to go into teaching:biggrin:. Not too sure on the school but I'd love to teach Religious Studies as I just find it interesting especially ethics, how about you?

And yeah I mean we have to wait the whole day for it to come out, wish it was just ready for when I woke up it's too much excitement. But then when it's out it's worth it! I love the second OP and ED though, especially the ED I didn't enjoy the first one a lot. But I'm not too sure, I haven't heard anything about the second season but I hope so! I tried to watch Campione and idk something about it just wasn't for me. BUT HSOD was amazing! One of the first series I watched and they seriously need a season two. As well as the manga coming off hiatus I miss it so much :frown:

Probably would teach Chemistry ^_^, yeah The second OP is great, so is Btoooms, and a day closer to Btooom :biggrin:.

Starting to slack of in revision since hols start next week and I'm exhausted, do you watch naruto btw? Its getting really good, just cant wait till naruto joins in the war :biggrin:, HSOD was supposed to come out at this time but idk what happened heard it got canceled :frown:

Reply 3913
Probably would teach Chemistry ^_^, yeah The second OP is great, so is Btoooms, and a day closer to Btooom :biggrin:.

Starting to slack of in revision since hols start next week and I'm exhausted, do you watch naruto btw? Its getting really good, just cant wait till naruto joins in the war :biggrin:, HSOD was supposed to come out at this time but idk what happened heard it got canceled :frown:

You'd be sorted then because I know the Science teachers usually get a larger amount compared to others haha. But I love it a lot and I need to see Btoooms, but ahhh all this talk about it is getting me excited. I just need one day without work so I can relax and watch it. But you better try and do some soon! You've got exams in January right? It sucks having to constantly do it from the start -_- but nope I don't watch it :frown:, it's one of those things that's so long I'll need so much time to dedicate to it. But all I've heard is good about it so one day soon hopefully, I'll get up to date. But I heard that too, then that it got cancelled due to the manga not giving enough story :frown:
Reply 3914
Oh man, this episode of Chuuni. Not a surprise, but still a surprise at the same time.
Reply 3915
Original post by Tabris
Oh man, this episode of Chuuni. Not a surprise, but still a surprise at the same time.

I watched it over breakfast. It was very amusing.
You'd be sorted then because I know the Science teachers usually get a larger amount compared to others haha. But I love it a lot and I need to see Btoooms, but ahhh all this talk about it is getting me excited. I just need one day without work so I can relax and watch it. But you better try and do some soon! You've got exams in January right? It sucks having to constantly do it from the start -_- but nope I don't watch it :frown:, it's one of those things that's so long I'll need so much time to dedicate to it. But all I've heard is good about it so one day soon hopefully, I'll get up to date. But I heard that too, then that it got cancelled due to the manga not giving enough story :frown:

Yeah i think teachers for science are high in demand, the good stuff in btooom starta next week hust saw te preview and thats when it gets real :biggrin:, hols started for me now :biggrin:. Yeah i know what you mean lol 500+ eps would take forever

I've not been following Saimoe this year due to starting work and then the internet issues that followed, but after getting an email notification that the Quarter Finals were about to begin, I checked who the Best 8 were out of curiosity.

Spoiler

...Saki still seems popular.
man that kid in ep 4 of BTOOOM! is flipping :bird: :teeth:
Reply 3919
Yeah i think teachers for science are high in demand, the good stuff in btooom starta next week hust saw te preview and thats when it gets real :biggrin:, hols started for me now :biggrin:. Yeah i know what you mean lol 500+ eps would take forever

Yeah I heard they are too so it'll be good! and good that means I won't have to wait as long when I do my big catchup of it... but me too :biggrin: so glad to be having time off. And yeah I mean, I could manage Fairy Tail in the Summer but Naruto...

Latest