The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itsmyname
That's ridiculous, I mean that was one of the only reasons I preferred Android over iOS, I love streaming anything I want on my Arc S (still running 2.1.1 I think)

So if I was to get the S3, or tge Nexus 7, it won't have flash at all?

Yes and no. You can't install flash from the play store any more, but there are still flash .apk's around. Simply enable unknown sources and get the apk (link below) then put it onto the device and install it. Chrome for android will still not work with flash, but firefox beta and (i think) the default browser should still work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1199371&d=1342343609
Original post by coconut2456
A lot of the streaming sites should be moving to HTML5 soon anyway so I don't really see what the problem is.

Soon, yes. But for now I plan on putting flash onto the nexus so I can stream from sites that still use it.
Reply 8362
Got a contract from 3 on Monday, Samsung Galaxy Note 2... it really is the most amazing phone I have ever owned. Glad I picked it up on contract.

Samsung and Adobe have just confirmed continued adobe flash support for the note 2 via official channels too, so chuffed with that. Anyone else got the note 2, or running jelly bean... if so, what do you think of either?
Original post by Anon420
Got a contract from 3 on Monday, Samsung Galaxy Note 2... it really is the most amazing phone I have ever owned. Glad I picked it up on contract.

Samsung and Adobe have just confirmed continued adobe flash support for the note 2 via official channels too, so chuffed with that. Anyone else got the note 2, or running jelly bean... if so, what do you think of either?

Where have you read that about flash? Link?
Reply 8364
Original post by Anon420

I like the look of the note 2, but its huge! Have you gotten used to it? lol
Reply 8365
Original post by Karma Charger
Where have you read that about flash? Link?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1954247
:smile: - "Adobe and Samsung made an official statement: "Upgrade from Android 4.0 ICS to 4.1 JB will keep their Flash player intact and working." for Galaxy SII and SIII owners. Because the Samsung Galaxy Note II has a near identical processor to the international Galaxy S3, the Exynos 4412 (although the Note 2 variant is faster, cooler, and consumes less battery due to the 32nm process and higher clock speed), whenever the Galaxy S3 player gets a Flash Player update, that update will always be just as compatible on the Galaxy Note 2. Unless Adobe goes through the unusual step of explicitly blocking out the Galaxy Note 2's model numbers or the Note 2's Exynos 4412-variant cpu model number in the Flash Player code, it will always keep working."

Original post by Hanvyj
I like the look of the note 2, but its huge! Have you gotten used to it? lol

It is pretty big, but it's so awesome... it took me a day or so to get used to its sheer size, but honestly... it's so worth it in the end. I'm a power user, so having a phone like this is a complete must.
Reply 8366
Installing checkrom v6 later with siyah kernel

Sent from my GT-I9300
Hahaha. The last paragraph is just petty though.
Original post by Karma Charger
Hahaha. The last paragraph is just petty though.

Apple all over. They're always doing that.
Nexus event scheduled for Monday has been cancelled, damn you hurricane Sandy! :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by G8D
So does that mean the Nexus 4 will go on sale in 2 days without an official announcement?

Who knows, probably not though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by silent ninja
Glowing review of the Asus Padphone 2 on Engadget. They think it's the fastest phone available and it's pretty much vanilla Android. Sounds really impressive, with or without the dock.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bloody hell that is an absolutely gorgeous looking phone! Finally, a manufacturer that can actually put a really good design on a phone that isn't Apple.
Reply 8372
GTA Vice city is coming to android for the 10 year anniversary. http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Grand+Theft+Auto%3A+Vice+City/news.asp?c=46093
Original post by G8D
So apparently Kindle Fire HD sales spiked after the reveal of the iPad mini and SGS3 sales rose after the announcement of the iPhone 5 :beard:

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear similar stats about the Nexus 7.

I expected this really, I've told god-knows how many people to hold off buying a 7" tablet until the iPad Mini gets launched, and make the decision then. The lack of aggressive pricing made that decision very easy for everyone without a brand bias.
Reply 8374
I'm actually enjoying the touchwiz ui of my note 2, I'm also glad this phone has 2GB of ram... S Note app eats it up like nothing i've seen before.
Reply 8375
I have a galaxy s2 on ice cream OS and i don't know how to get rid of my voicemail notifications it's actually quite annoying it's been there for about 4 months
Reply 8376
Never really understood Apples pricing its like there shooting thereselves in the foot

Sent from my GT-I9300
Since I relocked my bootloader, I've had several random reboots. Guess I'll run the RUU soon :sigh:

**** it. Trickdroid, here I come!
(edited 11 years ago)
If the leaked videos are anything to go by, the nexus 10 will have a thick bezel all the way around, which looks ugly as hell
Apparently the Galaxy S4 is going to have a 2 Ghz quad core processor :eek3: Holy ****!

Latest

Trending

Trending