The Student Room Group

Debenhams Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by jande
hie everyone!i just had a telephone interview for Xmas temp,Leeds store today.i though i did OK,but the lady said i would be contacted within 10 days with the results,which sounds like a no to me! .to be honest,i was expecting to be told i had gotten through to the next stage,WITH ALL THE PREPARATION I PUT IN!Well,has anyone been contacted back after the telephone interview with a yes,or should i just move on?please someone answer:frown:

I was told straight after the telephone interview that I was successful in going through to the group interview. However the group interview was two days later so could have been why she told me the decision immediately. Good luck :smile:
Reply 401
What should I wear to my induction?
Original post by jande
hie everyone!i just had a telephone interview for Xmas temp,Leeds store today.i though i did OK,but the lady said i would be contacted within 10 days with the results,which sounds like a no to me! .to be honest,i was expecting to be told i had gotten through to the next stage,WITH ALL THE PREPARATION I PUT IN!Well,has anyone been contacted back after the telephone interview with a yes,or should i just move on?please someone answer:frown:

When i applied for the xmas temp job online they asked for a phone interview a month later. I did the phone interview and the women didnt ask me to wait 10 days she told me straight away i passed and i now have a group interview at the store. When i did the group interview they called me back the next morning telling me i got the job :smile:

I hope this helped. But remember it's different for different people so they may call back for you. But dont wait around. Apply for other jobs too. :smile:
Reply 403
Original post by Floraa
What should I wear to my induction?

Just go smart casual. When I had mine, I wore black trousers, black top, but other people were dressed in grey. They really don't mind. Just look smart :smile:
Reply 404
For my induction they specified to wear something 'black and comfortable but nothing with a logo.'
Well I guess I am rejected
I applied on the 10th
I managed to get a phone interview with them once, but last time I didn't get past application
Gutted I think i could have done the job well as it was restaurant assistant and I worked as a catering assistant for a year

May try applying again
(edited 11 years ago)
guys, i got past the telephone interview and had my assessment on the 13th

ive not heard back from them an its been 18 days, shall i ring them because i have not recieved a letter of rejection yet?
Reply 407
Hey guys on Saturday I had an interview which I thought went rather well and the interviewer also remembered my name but its been 5 days today and I haven't heard anything back:frown: I'm feeling really depressed Cos the people I do know who have got a job in debehnams heard back after a day or so ! The woman did day 'you'll all here back in 10days whether you have the job or not' but the suspense is killing me i can't do anything properly:'( I feel like such a failure

my questions is shall I just take the silence as a rejection?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Are there are many who were at the Group Assessment or is it just girls.

I got a call from 01823364200 which im pretty sure is debenhams but i couldn't pick up because i was in college. I rang back and no one answered. What should i do now?
Reply 409
Original post by Hk17
Hey guys on Saturday I had an interview which I thought went rather well and the interviewer also remembered my name but its been 5 days today and I haven't heard anything back:frown: I'm feeling really depressed Cos the people I do know who have got a job in debehnams heard back after a day or so ! The woman did day 'you'll all here back in 10days whether you have the job or not' but the suspense is killing me i can't do anything properly:'( I feel like such a failure

my questions is shall I just take the silence as a rejection?

Well if they said 10 days I would wait 10 days then call. I was told the same last time and they didn't bother calling (Oxford circus) and when I rang they were unhelpful and said they would ring back, they never did! Don't feel like a failure, even if you didn't make, you will definitely do better in your next interview. I was so relaxed today and I got a call a few hours later although tbh I think a lot has to do with who interviews you and how much they liked you (which isn't your fault!)

Original post by Leoroary
Well I guess I am rejected
I applied on the 10th
I managed to get a phone interview with them once, but last time I didn't get past application
Gutted I think i could have done the job well as it was restaurant assistant and I worked as a catering assistant for a year

May try applying again

I passed the interview on my second attempt. Be positive!

Original post by chelseafan
Are there are many who were at the Group Assessment or is it just girls.

I got a call from 01823364200 which im pretty sure is debenhams but i couldn't pick up because i was in college. I rang back and no one answered. What should i do now?

That is their number. Didn't they leave a message? They will tell you to call another number (which i can get for you, have it around somewhere, which you call to arrange a telephone interview)

Last time i attended it was majority girls however today it was a mixed bag!

Ok now me time lol. Today I attended the assessment center at westfields. I got a call back a few hours that I made it(yay for once), however this store has a second interview with the store manager, talk about a filtering process! Should I expect normal, run of the mill questions? I was told that he would ask 5 question and its only 15 minutes
(edited 11 years ago)
My friend had the group interview in Westfields and they told her to came back on Saturday for another interview with the manager, which is weird because i had a group interview at the Wimbledon branch and they got back to me the next day :s-smilie: (yay!)
Original post by saladin

That is their number. Didn't they leave a message? They will tell you to call another number (which i can get for you, have it around somewhere, which you call to arrange a telephone interview)

Last time i attended it was majority girls however today it was a mixed bag!

Ok now me time lol. Today I attended the assessment center at westfields. I got a call back a few hours that I made it(yay for once), however this store has a second interview with the store manager, talk about a filtering process! Should I expect normal, run of the mill questions? I was told that he would ask 5 question and its only 15 minutes

Nope no message. That number would be very useful. Please post it if you can. Thanks :smile:
what should i wear for my induction? i was thinking trousers shirt and tie?

Reply 413
Original post by mattjohnbrock
what should i wear for my induction? i was thinking trousers shirt and tie?

Don't turn up with anything less. Two guys in my last induction wore designer trash which was commented on by the convener
Reply 414
Got my induction for Xmas temp job today! Quite excited but also nervous - anyone know what I can expect?

Edit: I'll be on accessories dept.

Original post by codle
Got my induction for Xmas temp job today! Quite excited but also nervous - anyone know what I can expect?

how long did it take you to hear from em
Reply 416
Original post by shafina_spurs
My friend had the group interview in Westfields and they told her to came back on Saturday for another interview with the manager, which is weird because i had a group interview at the Wimbledon branch and they got back to me the next day :s-smilie: (yay!)

Yay for you lol. Could you possible ask your friend what questions were asked?, we were told its only 15 minutes long and 5 questions are asked, seems rather pointless
Reply 417
Original post by Dukeofwembley
how long did it take you to hear from em

Took a few days for them to offer me a phone interview. After that interview, they told me straight away that I'd passed. I went to the group interview the next day, and was told two days after that that I'd been successful. That was a few weeks ago now :smile:
Original post by codle

How's it going for you? I've got my till induction today. To be honest all the talk about safety, Debs products, brands was all really quite boring. I just want to get on with it now!

I'm on a 16 hour contract and from what I gathered it's 4 hour shifts. Quite annoying that it's short shifts now and again rather than two long days and done. I'd rather do 10-6 for two days than 10-2 or 2-6 over the course of 4.
Reply 419
I have a telephone interview tomorrow. Didn't expect to hear back so soon so I'm a bit underprepared. What sort of questions should I expect?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending