The Student Room Group

Where do you work and how much do you get paid per hour?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bethany18
Thank you, I was really impressed with the wage, not what you expect for a self-stacking job :smile: do you tend to work on a particular department? What kind of Tesco is it like Express, Metro...?

That post didnt really answer your question though. minimum wage for people aged 16-17 is 3.68 ph im afraid.
Reply 281
how much do you get for working at cath kidston? i just had by interview but the manager did not tell me!:s-smilie:
Greggs, I get £6.70 an hour and have a 5hr Saturday/weekend contract, but atm have been doing 23 hours or so a week.
WHSmith.. £4.28
Normally work 10 hours per week (I'm 17)
...Rubbish :frown:
Reply 284
WH Smith
4.48 an hour
4 hours a week
(Looking for a new job)
Original post by coopsyy
£7.98 as General Assistant at Sainsburys :smile: Used to get £6.18 as a cleaner before this, and £7.15 on a farm before that.

:eek: Which store do you work at? That seems quite a lot. I work at Sainsbury's and get £7.16 p/h
Reply 286
Original post by Hustler-1337
:eek: Which store do you work at? That seems quite a lot. I work at Sainsbury's and get £7.16 p/h

I'm now on £8.19 after we had the pay review, and will go up to something like £8.50 after i've been there 6 months.

Work in one near brighton, though i do work nights... XD £6.64 is the basic i think. Is yours just the basic pay? as to me that seems like a lot, london prehaps?
£7.40ph and this is at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 288
I work at Selfridges
Get paid 6.18p/h
Plus get bonuses and commission
Also free clothes and bags from selfridges every few weeks.
65% staff discount
And discount from the whole of selfridges
So I can't complain! Love it

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
At the nursery/after school place i work at, i get paid £6.20 an hour. At mcdonalds on sundays, i get paid £6.38 an hour.
Original post by coopsyy
I'm now on £8.19 after we had the pay review, and will go up to something like £8.50 after i've been there 6 months.

Work in one near brighton, though i do work nights... XD £6.64 is the basic i think. Is yours just the basic pay? as to me that seems like a lot, london prehaps?

Holy cow! I'm guessing the figure you gave includes the nightshift premium? If not, you're getting paid quite well, and I am jealous lol. :biggrin: I've been working there 4.5 years and yes, I do live in London, so my pay includes the location-based premium to reflect the higher living costs.
(edited 11 years ago)
Lifeguard/LA (leisure assisstant) at a Birmingham City Council Leisure Centre!

£7.20 per hour
Casual basis.. In other words, I work when I want.
Reply 292
I worked at Waitrose and got £9 something an hour, plus time and a half on Sundays.

I now work as a Language Assistant and get about 14 Euro an hour.
Reply 293
I work in Argos in Belfast, part time, usually 10 hours a week and I get £6.08 an hour :smile: Im only a Christmas Temp though.
Reply 294
Marks and Spencer, £6.99 an hour. 16 hours per week, not bad :smile:
Primark, 20 hours/week + loads of possible overtime, £6.19/hour
£5.03 at Matalan as a temp --> Got fired for a stupid reason.

Before that was, £7.69 at Boots in 2010
Reply 297
Original post by Hustler-1337
Holy cow! I'm guessing the figure you gave includes the nightshift premium? If not, you're getting paid quite well, and I am jealous lol. :biggrin: I've been working there 4.5 years and yes, I do live in London, so my pay includes the location-based premium to reflect the higher living costs.

You live in London?!

I work in Sainsburys too but I'm on £7.22 p/h (not much difference, I know) but I'm not in London! I was under the impression that stores in London would get the highest location allowance...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Previous job at adidas, I got £7.10 an hour after a pay rise from £6.95. I left this summer and their pay has gone up again now to £7.25.

Got a temp job for this Christmas at Selfridges for £8.24ph in Customer Services.
Original post by Serenity Hope Moon
£5.03 at Matalan as a temp --> Got fired for a stupid reason.

Before that was, £7.69 at Boots in 2010

How come Matalan fired you?

I remember reading about a lady who got fired from Little Chef for taking her meal home after a shift even though they are allowed a free meal. Apparently it's against company policy to take it off the premises though. There are some seriously stupid reasons that company's give in order to get rid of people.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending