The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Offers from UWE, Bristol!

Just wondering if anyone has any offers from uwe? And if so how long they took roughly?
I received login to my welcome portal online, but they haven't made a decision about me yet!
Ahhh!
Anyone in the same boat?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by LittleMiss94
Just wondering if anyone has any offers from uwe? And if so how long they took roughly?
I received login to my welcome portal online, but they haven't made a decision about me yet!
Ahhh!
Anyone in the same boat?

How long UWE takes to reply to applicants varies from department to another. The fact that they gave you a welcome ID seems incredibly promising to me, but I might be wrong.
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by tamimi
How long UWE takes to reply to applicants varies from department to another. The fact that they gave you a welcome ID seems incredibly promising to me, but I might be wrong.

I guess I'll just have to wait & see! I think the welcome ID is just an automated thing

Reply 3
I guess I'll just have to wait & see! I think the welcome ID is just an automated thing

Could be. I don't know if it is because I entered through clearing, so I was never where you are at. However, I can say that welcome IDs auto-become your student number if they accept you. It seems silly to me for a uni to issue a student number to non-prospect personnel.
A lot of unis will give ID numbers, makes it easier for them. I was given them by a few unis when I applied last year.
I applied for Law and UWE received my application on the 23rd of October. I was given the welcome application site so I presume it's automated. I haven't been given a response yet and it's almost been two weeks that they aim to get back to you! A lil worried but I think they may be other external factors. Who knows but I wish you the best of luck!
Original post by tamimi
Could be. I don't know if it is because I entered through clearing, so I was never where you are at. However, I can say that welcome IDs auto-become your student number if they accept you. It seems silly to me for a uni to issue a student number to non-prospect personnel.

I got login things from two of my unis almost straight away, I think it's automated and definitely nothing special.
Original post by The Polymath
I got login things from two of my unis almost straight away, I think it's automated and definitely nothing special.

I agree I got the same off Cardiff
Reply 8
Original post by Ninjabutterfly
I applied for Law and UWE received my application on the 23rd of October. I was given the welcome application site so I presume it's automated. I haven't been given a response yet and it's almost been two weeks that they aim to get back to you! A lil worried but I think they may be other external factors. Who knows but I wish you the best of luck!

Good luck to you too! I just wish they'd hurry up and reply haha I sent mine the day after you :smile:

Good luck to you too! I just wish they'd hurry up and reply haha I sent mine the day after you :smile:

You should check your welcome application thingy. I got an offer today you may have one or soon. They update it before ucas informs you.
Reply 10
You should check your welcome application thingy. I got an offer today you may have one or soon. They update it before ucas informs you.

I checked earlier today and all I had was an open day invite thing.
Congrats to you though :biggrin:

I checked earlier today and all I had was an open day invite thing.
Congrats to you though :biggrin:

Maybe tomorrow :biggrin:! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Wish you the best of luck!
Reply 12
Maybe tomorrow :biggrin:! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Wish you the best of luck!

Hopefully, thank you!
Just got myself locked out of UCAS after receiving a track email and entering my password wrong -.- fabulous! I won't be able to sleep tonight!

Ahhh!
Anyone in the same boat?

My son got an offer 6 days after sending off his application. Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 14
Original post by Greensleeves
My son got an offer 6 days after sending off his application. Have you heard anything yet?

Congrats to him!
Yes I received an offer last week :biggrin:

Congrats to him!

Thanks and congrats to you. It's my son's first choice.
Congrats to him!

What course you applying for and how many points do you need? :smile:
My school isn't sending them for another 2 weeks and I'm not 100% sure about UWE yet to make it first choice or not.
Reply 17
Original post by nevergohalfpace
What course you applying for and how many points do you need? :smile:
My school isn't sending them for another 2 weeks and I'm not 100% sure about UWE yet to make it first choice or not.

Ohhh I see!
Business Management and the offer is 300 points :smile:

Ohhh I see!
Business Management and the offer is 300 points :smile:

That's what I'm applying for as well, want to take the one where you can take the placement year, can't remember the number. Should be able to get 300 :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by nevergohalfpace
That's what I'm applying for as well, want to take the one where you can take the placement year, can't remember the number. Should be able to get 300 :smile:

Same here, with the professional placement :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending