The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i scolded a friend for asking too much questions.
then she said "if i didnt ask id be forever stupid"
me:"but u are forever asking!"
:biggrin:
"Do you listen to muse?"
"Isn't that a food?"
"No, that's muesli."
Reply 42
"oh yeah i have a friend who lives in madagascar, he's coming back this week"

reply: "wait, i thought only animals lived there"
Reply 43
Original post by Redolent
I think we all know that one idiot who thought Africa was a country

I've been that idiot :facepalm:

Original post by sweetie17
lol very true or that Australia is a continent

I always thought the continent was Australasia until I saw the Sinnaman (Paul Sinha) on The Chase refer to the continent as Australia. Wikipedia backs him up too and that's good enough for me.
Reply 44
When discussing the transit of Venus earlier this year with my housemate's sister:

Her: "What's that you're watching?"
Me: "It's the transit of Venus, it's being streamed live on the internet. I'm occasionally checking its progress."
Her: "Oh yes, I heard about that. Does it go in front of the sun, or in front of the moon?"
Reply 45
Original post by zz_
I've been that idiot :facepalm:

I always thought the continent was Australasia until I saw the Sinnaman (Paul Sinha) on The Chase refer to the continent as Australia. Wikipedia backs him up too and that's good enough for me.

well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia kinda says otherwise
On a bus and water was pouring from one of the lights (it was raining really heavily).

Me; *looks at water, then girl opposite me with concerned face on*
Girl: oh don't worry, buses don't run on electricity, they run on batteries.
Me: 0.o
I was on the bus a few days ago and there were a few teenagers sitting in seats behind me. They must have been about 16/17 years old. One of them was saying how she kept getting confused between countries and the language spoken there. She thought Australian was a language. When the others told her it wasn't, she kept insisting that it was and that they were just winding her up!

She then went on to say how she would love to visit Canadian. Someone then said the country is Canada, not Canadian. She then said "oh, so Canadian is the language". :facepalm:
Original post by jayseanfan
I have a really funny mate she comes out with the most stupid of things and they are really funny. Post some dumb conversations or quotes you have someone say.
I'll start off:

"What is the capital or India, I know its not France"

I look forward to the responses.

What a bimbo. I mean c'mon. She's obvs attention seeking saying that.
Reply 49
Urm well a girl in my class did ask where euthanasia is ...

this one is too funny i'll never forget this :biggrin: :biggrin:
somewhere but not asia? :colone:
well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia kinda says otherwise

Idiot
Original post by Ndella

Also there were these two retarded girls in my class who were talking about who the priminister was. Girl 1 said "Gordon Brown is the Priminister" and then girl 2 replies with confidence saying "NO HE'S NOT, YOU IDIOT, IT'S BORIS JOHNSON!" :facepalm2:

Then there's you, who can't spell Prime Minister...
''Will gravity ever stop?''
Original post by iheartplums
When we were discussing that Avatar was directed by the same guy who did Titanic, a girl came out with 'So is Avatar based on a true story as well?'

Technically it is...
"Do nitrogen-fixing bacteria fix nitrogen?"
Reply 55
'If the Earth is billions of years old, then why is it only 2011?'
This thread is hilarious. :rofl2:
Reply 57
I once overheard a conversation between two Year 11 girls on the bus which went:

"Me and my friend were thinking right....wouldn't Chlamydia be a really nice name for like a girl?"

"Oh my god, yeah!"

I was on my own and never have I had to stifle a laugh that much before in my entire life.

:rofl:
Reply 58
"But why don't we fall of the bottom of the earth?"
"Millions of years ago? It's only 2012..."

Well, at least now she knows the answers and won't embarrass herself sometime later in life :rolleyes:
Reply 59
Original post by -bethan-
I once overheard a conversation between two Year 11 girls on the bus which went:

"Me and my friend were thinking right....wouldn't Chlamydia be a really nice name for like a girl?"

"Oh my god, yeah!"

I was on my own and never have I had to stifle a laugh that much before in my entire life.

:rofl:

I'm a bit worried, because once me and my friend over heard two girls saying that and we took the piss out of them on a bus by saying that :|

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Latest