The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roobsa
You should use a much lower (F11+) f stop but a higher ISO/exposure time to get everything in frame in focus. You've got decent composition there though.

I think I shot that with F4, ISO 100, exposure time 30 secs. That's my main issue with these, I try and focus on the foreground for the last frame, but by then it's too dark for the camera to detect it and focus properly. I'm going to stick with silhouettes for a bit.
I'd love to become a full time photographer, I understand how hard it is to break it now because anyone can pick up a good camera for a good price, but does anyone think my work is of a high enough standard? And if not how can I improve?

Edit : these are kinda low quality because I'm using my iPad so I had to downloaded them onto here and it's screwed them over, the originals on my laptop are better.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3902
Original post by unruly1986
I think I shot that with F4, ISO 100, exposure time 30 secs. That's my main issue with these, I try and focus on the foreground for the last frame, but by then it's too dark for the camera to detect it and focus properly. I'm going to stick with silhouettes for a bit.

Depending on the camera, you could very well push the ISO up to around 1000 or so, that would offset a lower f stop for a much wider depth of field without adding too much noise to the image. Ultimately the stars are the subject so those should be in focus before the foreground. It's very trial and error. You could always shoot RAW and slightly underexposed then play with brightness in post.
Reply 3905
Original post by Little_missy01
And a few more

Beautiful shots, what kind of camera did you use?
Original post by NHM713
Beautiful shots, what kind of camera did you use?

Some reason when I upload theyre blurred???

Original post by Little_missy01
A few pictures taken for fun on my trip to Barbados

They are amazing!
Original post by _Shmiley
I'd love to become a full time photographer, I understand how hard it is to break it now because anyone can pick up a good camera for a good price, but does anyone think my work is of a high enough standard? And if not how can I improve?

Edit : these are kinda low quality because I'm using my iPad so I had to downloaded them onto here and it's screwed them over, the originals on my laptop are better.

In my opinion, you need to find more interesting subjects. To be a photographer, and earn good money, I think you need to stand out and those photographs just look like something anyone would take.

Some of my recent work at Uni.
Click to go through to my flickr and see the photo bigger (which I rarely update now because I use 500px)

Wise. by katielouise-, on Flickr

IMG_6363copy by katielouise-, on Flickr

Standing tall. by katielouise-, on Flickr

diptych2 by katielouise-, on Flickr
Original post by myusername.
They are amazing!

Came home today and its so cold :frown:

Some photos of the sunrise/sunset I took while I was on holiday:
IMG_2198.jpg
IMG_2214.jpg
What do you guys think, any good?
:smile:
Reply 3916
^ the sharpness of your photographs is stunning, you just in and have a swim (1st pic), as for the silhouette in the 2nd pic...love it.
what time of day was it?
you guys are totally motivating me, makes me want to book the next flight out of here and go somewhere exotic, just me and my camera.:rolleyes:
Original post by NHM713
^ the sharpness of your photographs is stunning, you just in and have a swim (1st pic), as for the silhouette in the 2nd pic...love it.
what time of day was it?
you guys are totally motivating me, makes me want to book the next flight out of here and go somewhere exotic, just me and my camera.:rolleyes:

Im assuming you're on about my photos XD hope so lol.
The first one was early in the morning just off the shore of Barcelona; the second one was at about 10 in the morning looking up at the Columbus statue.
I've got some more photos which I want to upload but it takes me about 10 minutes to upload one. :L
Original post by Jordan.G
Some photos of the sunrise/sunset I took while I was on holiday:
IMG_2198.jpg
IMG_2214.jpg
What do you guys think, any good?
:smile:

I have no idea of photography, but I like the second one. Where have you taken it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending