The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by Mankytoes
PUA tactics. One of my mates studied The Mystery Method, and has pulled a lot of fit girls, and trust me, it isn't his stunning good looks or his amazing personality. So I thought I'd have a look, I picked a few things up, and it helped me too.

And your only reason for this is that it must all just be a huge coincidence?

What specifically did he do. Be specific. Did he go out peacocking? How much work did he have to put in? When you say he pulled them, how long did they date for?
Original post by py0alb
What specifically did he do. Be specific. Did he go out peacocking? How much work did he have to put in? When you say he pulled them, how long did they date for?

Oh he doesn't really date, he was using these tactics to get laid. Yeah, he isn't the moral side of this, but in his defence, he is always up front about it.

He did a bit of peacocking, with a red hat, but mainly it is about the conversation part. His negging is usually effective, but it's more about how confident he comes across, and that should always be the end goal. Look confident= get girls.
Reply 342
I've often seen this thread, but never bothered to read it, so this is the first time. I can't help but think that it's all totally geared towards your own tastes, I mean there's some pretty rash statements in there. Long hair, unattractive, facial hair, unattractive, piercings, unattractive, skinny jeans...you get the idea - there's a huge amount of guys gone already.

All i've gotten from that is that if I want to become more attractive to girls looks-wise, then I should tone up and wear chinos. Thanks for that, i'll go out immediately and buy an assortment of colours so that me and my friends can mix and match like all the other trendy lads do on nights out :rolleyes:
Reply 343
Oh he doesn't really date, he was using these tactics to get laid. Yeah, he isn't the moral side of this, but in his defence, he is always up front about it.

He did a bit of peacocking, with a red hat, but mainly it is about the conversation part. His negging is usually effective, but it's more about how confident he comes across, and that should always be the end goal. Look confident= get girls.

Did he ever get rejected? when he was "successful" how many times did he sleep with each of these girls?
Original post by py0alb
Did he ever get rejected? when he was "successful" how many times did he sleep with each of these girls?

Of course, who has never been rejected?

Not many times, but that's his choice.
Reply 345
Of course, who has never been rejected?

Not many times, but that's his choice.

So basically, with a lot of effort, he was able to reproduce the success of your average drunk guy out clubbing, at least until they saw through his scam in the morning and didn't call him again.

Brilliant. Where do I sign up? :rolleyes:
Reply 346
If thats your idea of success, I'd hate to see your idea of failure.
Original post by HistoryRepeating

Shoes - Black smart shoes dont usually go with blue jeans (though obviously they may go with black jeans). Hiking boots, Sandals, or running shoes dont go with anything. Wear smartish brown shoes, white trainers, high-tops, deck shoes or pretty much anything else depending on your personal style. Flipflops are fine in summer if your local bars etc allow it but consider what the girl might be wearing and try not to dress down too much more than she does.
Good luck

Maybe I'm in a minority here, but i generally couldn't give a monkeys about what shoes a guys wearing. Why on earth would I care if he choose to wear black shoes with jeans? I'm not going to base my opinion of a guy on his footwear. Unless he'd, say, strapped two dead babies to his feet, otherwise I really couldn't care less what he had on them.
Reply 348
Original post by thatsthebadger93
Maybe I'm in a minority here, but i generally couldn't give a monkeys about what shoes a guys wearing. Why on earth would I care if he choose to wear black shoes with jeans? I'm not going to base my opinion of a guy on his footwear. Unless he'd, say, strapped two dead babies to his feet, otherwise I really couldn't care less what he had on them.

Most girls notice (hell I would notice). Black shoes and blue jeans just look silly. The smarter the shoe, and the paler and more casual the jean, the sillier it looks.
Reply 349
Original post by py0alb
I've already explained in great detail the problems with pick up, I'm not going to repeat myself. If you don't agree, knock yourselves out.

PUA = completely the wrong attitude + a load of terrible counter-productive advice + a sprinkling of statements of the bleeding obvious.

Go on then, give us some PUA advice that isn't

a) stating the obvious, advice that you could get anywhere
b) full of crap

So first it was "PUA is full of crap"
Then it was "PUA has a few pieces of useful information"

Now it's "PUA has good information, but it's "stating the obvious" therefore useless

This is called moving the goalpost. No matter WHAT I say, you're going to find some excuse why it isn't legitimate, or why even if it IS legitimate that for some reason it's an "exception"

But fine, I'll bite anyway

David DeAngelo (of "cocky and funny" fame) had a number of newsletters, containing HUNDREDS of ACTUAL EXAMPLES of things to say that were both funny and showed confidence, of which he explained EXACTLY which aspects were useful and why

He also critiqued, on a case by case basis, of where people went wrong, on why they went wrong, and what they could have said/done differently

It's great to tell someone to "be confident", but it's about as useful as telling a sportsman to "try harder"

Through these SPECIFIC examples I managed to gain a grip on what was good behaviour and what was counter productive, weak, or overly needy behaviour
good advice!

but who the heck would judge you by your shoes? seriously...they must be so anal.
Reply 351
Original post by dgeorge
So first it was "PUA is full of crap"
Then it was "PUA has a few pieces of useful information"

Now it's "PUA has good information, but it's "stating the obvious" therefore useless

This is called moving the goalpost. No matter WHAT I say, you're going to find some excuse why it isn't legitimate, or why even if it IS legitimate that for some reason it's an "exception"

But fine, I'll bite anyway

David DeAngelo (of "cocky and funny" fame) had a number of newsletters, containing HUNDREDS of ACTUAL EXAMPLES of things to say that were both funny and showed confidence, of which he explained EXACTLY which aspects were useful and why

He also critiqued, on a case by case basis, of where people went wrong, on why they went wrong, and what they could have said/done differently

It's great to tell someone to "be confident", but it's about as useful as telling a sportsman to "try harder"

Through these SPECIFIC examples I managed to gain a grip on what was good behaviour and what was counter productive, weak, or overly needy behaviour

Go on then, tell us one of these examples so we can all judge for ourselves.
Original post by py0alb
Most girls notice (hell I would notice). Black shoes and blue jeans just look silly. The smarter the shoe, and the paler and more casual the jean, the sillier it looks.

I'm sure I'd notice, I just don't see why I would care...
Original post by py0alb
So basically, with a lot of effort, he was able to reproduce the success of your average drunk guy out clubbing, at least until they saw through his scam in the morning and didn't call him again.

Brilliant. Where do I sign up? :rolleyes:

HIS CHOICE. See why I suspect you are a child trolling? You might not be, but you're acting like one, repeatedly deliberately misinterpreting what I say. If you really are a successful, older guy, that's even sadder really.

And no, he didn't get the average amount, he got more than average.
Reply 354
Original post by py0alb
Go on then, tell us one of these examples so we can all judge for ourselves.

Even if I gave you these examples, you'll come up with the caveat that they're "common sense" or that it was just "one good example"

As I said, it is amusing that you yourself commended me on advice that I had gleaned from said same PUA community, yet whenever I mention that they also recommend the same things you do it suddenly "stating the obvious"

What would be the point of me showing you the newsletter if all you're going to do is either say it's one of the rare pieces of information or that I'm stating the obvious?
Reply 355
HIS CHOICE. See why I suspect you are a child trolling? You might not be, but you're acting like one, repeatedly deliberately misinterpreting what I say. If you really are a successful, older guy, that's even sadder really.

And no, he didn't get the average amount, he got more than average.

maybe he did, maybe he didn't. but he certainly had to put in a lot more work than the average guy to do it.

Its certainly not what I would describe as "being successful with women". Guys that are successful with women do not need to put in any effort at all. This is a skill that can be learnt, just not by misogynistic PUA adherrent perma-losers.

Quit with the childish insults, it only highlights the inadequacy of your argument to speak for itself.
Reply 356
Original post by dgeorge
Even if I gave you these examples, you'll come up with the caveat that they're "common sense" or that it was just "one good example"

As I said, it is amusing that you yourself commended me on advice that I had gleaned from said same PUA community, yet whenever I mention that they also recommend the same things you do it suddenly "stating the obvious"

What would be the point of me showing you the newsletter if all you're going to do is either say it's one of the rare pieces of information or that I'm stating the obvious?

Forget what I think, why don't you show everyone else who is looking at this thread and let them judge for themselves? Just to prove you're not bull****ting us.
Reply 357
Original post by py0alb
This is a skill that can be learnt, just not by misogynistic PUA adherrent perma-losers.

YES YES YES

Thank you for that statement. :smile:
Reply 358
Original post by Lucia.
YES YES YES

Thank you for that statement. :smile:

Thanks Lu :smile:

Its ironic that every single girl on both this thread and the "getting rejected" thread has completely agreed with me, yet still these misogynists think they're right and treating women as social equals will get you "friendzoned" :rolleyes:
Original post by py0alb
maybe he did, maybe he didn't. but he certainly had to put in a lot more work than the average guy to do it.

Its certainly not what I would describe as "being successful with women". Guys that are successful with women do not need to put in any effort at all. This is a skill that can be learnt, just not by misogynistic PUA adherrent perma-losers.

Quit with the childish insults, it only highlights the inadequacy of your argument to speak for itself.

I wouldn't really call flirting with pretty girls "work". If you're doing it right, you'll enjoy it, so you might put more time into it, but it shouldn't feel like hard work.

That makes absolutely no sense. If you have to learn the skill, you aren't putting in no "effort at all". And if you are successful, you are successful. Whether you would describe it as that is irrelevant.

So you don't mind people learning the skill of chatting up women? It sounds like all you really object to is the label of "pick up artist". Certainly, when relaying these tips to friends, I don't use the PUA language. As you have said, a lot of the tips are pretty simple, but they are still effective, and a lot of people still aren't doing them.

They aren't insults, that's honestly how you're coming across.

"Its ironic that every single girl on both this thread and the "getting rejected" thread has completely agreed with me, yet still these misogynists think they're right and treating women as social equals will get you "friendzoned" "

That's evidently not true, loads of girls in that thread support him. Even you must know that doing what women tell you to do is not a good way to get women?
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending