The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Good this thread came up. Messi :adore:

I really want to see him beat Muller's record of 85 goals :adore:
Original post by johnharris19944
I didn't neg you... If you were a subscriber you would have seen it wasn't me. If you want i can prove it by repping you.

No I believe you. To be honest, it wouldn't be like you. Often, you take the time to tell me how I'm wrong, instead of a cheap-neg. :smile:

I guess 'standing up' or wanting to see 'deserved-credit' for Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Suarez, Pepe or Sergio Busquets on this forum automatically deals a neg. Likewise, praising Iniesta, Xavi, Lionel Messi, Ronaldinho or Zidane deals a positive. It's the way the game works!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Manchester United
No I believe you. To be honest, it wouldn't be like you. Often, you take the time to tell me how I'm wrong, instead of a cheap-neg. :smile:

I guess 'standing up' or wanting to see 'deserved-credit' for Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Suarez, Pepe or Sergio Busquets on this forum automatically deals a neg. Likewise, praising Iniesta, Xavi, Lionel Messi, Ronaldinho or Zidane deals a positive. It's the way the game works!

Hey Ronaldo is ahead of them lot. Currently i think the best players in the world are Him and Messi. Then Iniesta, Van Persie and Xavi in the next echelon of superstars. Falcao possibly borderline there with a multitude of others.
Original post by sweet_gyal97
i know people give him alot less credit than he deserves and people look down on anything he does and misinterpret it for all kinds of things!!

btw i wouldve given u a positive rating but it says my ratings for today have finished

It's fine.

He gets unfairly slammed (by people who don't know him) because he has the stereotypical 'arrogant' look that makes people unconsciously jealous; used to dive when he was 20 years old, tall, six-pack, one of the most marketed players in the world, drives around in Lamborghini Sesto-Elemento, a girlfriend who is a model and he has had 'offers' from plenty of other stunning women, used to play for the most hated team in the world/best team in England and doesn't use false-modesty.

Now ask every male age 12-45 and I bet 99.9% would take them attributes/rewards. And that's why he is so hated.

In other news, hopefully we will see more of Morata.

Meh, it's a student forum, people are entitled to their opinion, whether you like it or not. Agree that ronaldo doesn't get enough credit though by majority of people but these are usually the people who don't watch madrid and think he's a one man team and say he's lazy/doesn't pass or track back/big game bottler etc despite him scoring the goal that won madrid the league but haters gonna hate.

Also, who honestly should give a **** about rep on an anonymous student forum. Come on. It's like giving play dough to a 30 year old and telling him to make arts and crafts.

Likewise I can say that people on this site think that the aim of football is to have more possession than the other team but same can be said of majority of people who don't know a thing about football.

It's fine.

He gets unfairly slammed (by people who don't know him) because he has the stereotypical 'arrogant' look that makes people unconsciously jealous; used to dive when he was 20 years old, tall, six-pack, one of the most marketed players in the world, drives around in Lamborghini Sesto-Elemento, a girlfriend who is a model and he has had 'offers' from plenty of other stunning women, used to play for the most hated team in the world/best team in England and doesn't use false-modesty.

Now ask every male age 12-45 and I bet 99.9% would take them attributes/rewards. And that's why he is so hated.

I think morata can make it into the first team surprisingly. Decent goal from him great substitutions by mourinho with kaka and morata, one doing a pass that won a penalty and the other guy scoring the winner. Felt sorry for ozil and di maria, di maria worked hard and was just raping the right side but he just couldn't do anything with that surface. Balague was saying that mourinho was planning on drafting him into the first team this season, he's getting chances and is doing fairly well.

I don't think jese will be getting too many chances though this season though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey Ronaldo is ahead of them lot. Currently i think the best players in the world are Him and Messi. Then Iniesta, Van Persie and Xavi in the next echelon of superstars. Falcao possibly borderline there with a multitude of others.

Yeah I agree, I suppose my point links to what I was saying to 'sweet_gyal97'. For example, Iniesta has a more humble and innocent image; deep down/off the pitch, he may be a selfish, arrogant ********. But because of his image, people have no reason to say anything bad about him.

I think it's best not to judge players on their image though. I bet Suarez is pretty cool deep down. It's just that the media make him look like a modern-day Nazi and the diving doesn't help.
Original post by jam277
Meh, it's a student forum, people are entitled to their opinion, whether you like it or not. Agree that ronaldo doesn't get enough credit though by majority of people but these are usually the people who don't watch madrid and think he's a one man team and say he's lazy/doesn't pass or track back/big game bottler etc despite him scoring the goal that won madrid the league but haters gonna hate.

Also, who honestly should give a **** about rep on an anonymous student forum. Come on.

Likewise I can say that people on this site think that the aim of football is to have more possession than the other team but same can be said of majority of people who don't know a thing about football.

I think morata can make it into the first team surprisingly. Decent goal from him great substitutions by mourinho with kaka and morata, one doing a pass that won a penalty and the other guy scoring the winner. Felt sorry for ozil and di maria, di maria worked hard and was just raping the right side but he just couldn't do anything with that surface. Balague was saying that mourinho was planning on drafting him into the first team this season, he's getting chances and is doing fairly well.

I don't think jese will be getting too many chances though this season though.

I swear Mourinho can see into the future sometimes. It's scary how all his substitutions seem to pay off..

I think Benzema and Higuain have been relatively poor this season. Ozil hasn't done too well either, and Di Maria isn't doing anywhere near as good as he was this time last year (before he got injured). I think Callejon has been excellent.

Heck, I'd like to see:
Kaka
Callejon - Morata - Ronaldo.
I swear Mourinho can see into the future sometimes. It's scary how all his substitutions seem to pay off..

I think Benzema and Higuain have been relatively poor this season. Ozil hasn't done too well either, and Di Maria isn't doing anywhere near as good as he was this time last year (before he got injured). I think Callejon has been excellent.

Heck, I'd like to see:
Kaka
Callejon - Morata - Ronaldo.

It's interesting, I think di maria and ozil were quality last season, I have no idea what's wrong with them now. With benzema and higuain they'll pick up. I think morata will now have a chance to make it into the first team. Mourinho is great at improving peoples game. Benzema under pellegrini and benzema under mourinho, there's such a difference it's actually unreal. Higuain has improved too despite him being second choice last season. I also think that kaka's form has increased the past season he gets sporadic appearances but he always seems to impress with the amount of game time he gets.

So what do you think about modric? He's done decent but not spectacular. Essien has done fairly well too. Where is khedira btw? Is he out injured?
Original post by jam277
It's interesting, I think di maria and ozil were quality last season, I have no idea what's wrong with them now. With benzema and higuain they'll pick up. I think morata will now have a chance to make it into the first team. Mourinho is great at improving peoples game. Benzema under pellegrini and benzema under mourinho, there's such a difference it's actually unreal. Higuain has improved too despite him being second choice last season. I also think that kaka's form has increased the past season he gets sporadic appearances but he always seems to impress with the amount of game time he gets.

So what do you think about modric? He's done decent but not spectacular. Essien has done fairly well too. Where is khedira btw? Is he out injured?

Khedira was hurt in the game against BVB. Back now though.
Reply 789
It's fine.

I hate Ronaldo. I really despise him but I cannot fault his game hough :no: I hate Ronaldo but I respect his game

If any of you follows the NBA its like Kobe Bryant
Original post by S-man10
I hate Ronaldo. I really despise him but I cannot fault his game hough :no: I hate Ronaldo but I respect his game

Hey Kobe isn't that unlikable! I don't think theres any athletes i dislike apart from Pepe, Justin Gatlin and Ron Artest.
Reply 791
Hey Kobe isn't that unlikable! I don't think theres any athletes i dislike apart from Pepe, Justin Gatlin and Ron Artest.

I hate Kobe, I hate is guts. He scores I know and hes a game changer but I hate him the ball hogging ****

Lebron James on the other hand :adore:

Hope the LA crumble don't make it to the play offs
Original post by S-man10
I hate Kobe, I hate is guts. He scores I know and hes a game changer but I hate him the ball hogging ****

Lebron is the man.
(edited 11 years ago)

Pepe is unlikable. I watched him play against levante, he got tackled and started slapping the floor like he was injured. My mate who's a real madrid fan just started laughing.

Original post by S-man10

Where do you watch NBA btw? Watched the play offs a couple seasons back when they were showing it on channel 5 late night but they don't do that anymore
Original post by S-man10

This is what I don't understand, how can you 'hate' someone you have never met? I can understand hating Bin Laden, for his actions, but how can you hate on someone's personality if you don't know them?

PS: Kobe is awesome, but Durant is my favourite!
Original post by jam277
Pepe is unlikable. I watched him play against levante, he got tackled and started slapping the floor like he was injured. My mate who's a real madrid fan just started laughing.

Where do you watch NBA btw? Watched the play offs a couple seasons back when they were showing it on channel 5 late night but they don't do that anymore

Pepe is the only player i think and Diouf that i can honestly just not like.

Umm I bought the Gamepass which probably isn't a viable option since it is pretty expensive bought it for both the NFL and NBA this season. If you have the gamepass you can watch that.

Also can watch it on TV i think sometimes ESPN America. But if your really looking for a site which streams it i have a few which i used.
Original post by jam277

Pepe is one of my favourite defenders in the world. He has everything; charisma, skill, bravery, courage, desire, antics, short-fuse. He makes a game interesting when it's rather boring...

Reply 797
Original post by jam277

NBA league pass or Stream it

This is what I don't understand, how can you 'hate' someone you have never met? I can understand hating Bin Laden, for his actions, but how can you hate on someone's personality if you don't know them?

PS: Kobe is awesome, but Durant is my favourite!

I don't know. Its just that vibe they give off :angry:

Durant is a likeable guy :yes:
Pepe is one of my favourite defenders in the world. He has everything; charisma, skill, bravery, courage, desire, antics, short-fuse. He makes a game interesting when it's rather boring...

I don't hate him. But I've played football matches against people like pepe with short fuses. You just want to fight them but you just hold back and play to win the game. It's not a good thing when you're on the pitch dealing with people like him I'd just start time wasting to piss them off more.

That said I have nothing against him. He's a quality player but on the pitch as a manager you wouldn't want to deal with him. Just needs to cut out on the diving and the hand stamps :tongue:. It's like mario balotelli, he's my favourite striker in the league but I can tell he's frustrating to manage.
(edited 11 years ago)
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11827/8260302/World-s-richest-man-buys-struggling-Spanish-club-Real-Oviedo
Interesting. A new potential superpower? I know oviedo used to be good back in the day hence the name of real but this will be interesting.

Latest