The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix17C4l93Ao. It's an updated version of 'Amada mia, Amore mio di El Pasador'.

I was really disappointed with To Rome with Love after Midnight in Paris.

I'm in the middle of watching it. And I agree, it's not as good. I'm not that disappointed though. As it's not that much my thing. I was more disappointed by Quantum of Solace for example.
Just watched Layer Cake for the first time, can't believe that out of all my Dad's films I've watched it's took me so long to put it on. Absolutely loved it, anyone got any similar films to recommend that I may not have seen?
Original post by Iamyourfather
Who's excited? :biggrin:

The trailer is amazing. Let's hope the film does the book justice.

OMG that looks so epic
Saw Rust and Bone last night. What is all the fuss about?! Really unremarkable film. Flat and uninvolving. Very disappointed.
Reply 7764
Re-watched Collateral the other night, loved it as usual.

My favourite Tom Cruise performance by some distance. His character is sooo cool and he plays it so well.
(edited 11 years ago)
Just back from Bond.

Miss Moneypenny is fiiiine.

And I really like it. I don't know why people call it the best Bond, though. It is really good and has an interesting focus on Bond's past and M, but I am still not over the fact that "we don't do exploding pens anymore". To me that is what Bond is all about. Also I didn't like the fact that again the gun barrel scene was at the end, rather than start. Other than that it was great. I really appreciated that they used the Bond theme several times during the movie.
Reply 7766
Michael Arndt set to write the first new Star Wars.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20288810
Reply 7767
The CGI in the World War Z trailer is pretty terrible.

The zombies move ridiculously fast as well, they all seem to be able to run at about 50mph like its nothing. Their physical capabilities should still be limited to what they could hit at their maximum when alive. Obviously discounting the tiredness but in purely speed and power terms they shouldn't be beyond a human.
Reply 7768
Skyfall has grossed more than the last Harry potter film in the UK, anyone else very surprised about that? Never expected it to do this well.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/skyfall-passes-toy-story-3-all-time-box-office-uk-390421
I did once word of mouth got going so fast.
Best part about Total Recall was when Kate Beckinsale got shot.
Original post by Deshi
Skyfall has grossed more than the last Harry potter film in the UK, anyone else very surprised about that? Never expected it to do this well.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/skyfall-passes-toy-story-3-all-time-box-office-uk-390421

Not that surprised. I think James Bond targets a bigger audience segment than Harry Potter does.
Reply 7772
New die hard is out in february!! :d
I haven't been to the cinema for ages. In fact, I don't think I've been this year. I think I'll have to correct that by going to see Argo.
Watched Lawless. Is decent, in spite of Shia LaBeouf. Usually when someone gets considerable hate from people I'm sceptical as to how bad they really are, but this guy is basically a smug, charmless, yawning vacuum of ability, even if you divorce his performances from his crap, obviously cultivated 'bad boy' persona.

Otherwise: Tom Hardy's good (if a bit one-note) Guy Pearce's performance is excellent, and in terms of plot and whatnot it's entertaining enough, though nowhere near classic gangster films or The Proposition (the director's much, much better 2005 western).
I watched Skyfall last night. Solid performances from Whishaw, Bardem and Finney (and Craig, naturally). Definitely in the top five of the franchise, though certainly not the best yet, as critics have been saying. Shame about that fat troglodyte Adele singing the intro. There's a song by Lana Del Rey off her new album which sounds very Bond-ish, though I can't quite remember the name of it. I would have much preferred that as the intro.

8.5/10

Wouldwatchagain/10
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by philistine
I watched Skyfall last night. Solid performances from Whishaw, Bardem and Finney (and Craig, naturally). Definitely in the top five of the franchise, though certainly not the best yet, as critics have been saying. Shame about that fat troglodyte Adele singing the intro. There's a song by Lana Del Rey off her new album which sounds very Bond-ish, though I can't quite remember the name of it. I would have much preferred that as the intro.

8.5/10

Wouldwatchagain/10

Actually the film was quite dark and I thought Adele's performance of Skyfall was quite appropriate for the film.
Original post by danny111
Actually the film was quite dark and I thought Adele's performance of Skyfall was quite appropriate for the film.

Well, that's just super, champ.
Original post by philistine
Well, that's just super, champ.

Thanks bro! Really means a lot to hear that from you.
Original post by danny111
Thanks bro! Really means a lot to hear that from you.

Easy turbo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending