The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Economics - F585 Global Economy - Case Study Thread

Thread for the any case study questions, and what might come up in the exam ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can you please upload the case study online and does anybody know where they can find the apt for the case study
Reply 2
Original post by EspanaShaq
Can you please upload the case study online and does anybody know where they can find the apt for the case study

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/prm/ocr_52084_prm_gce_unit_f585_.pdf
Reply 3
Yes i've been searching for ages, is there any threads which have any resources like the APT or any questions and information?
Reply 4
Yes i've been searching for ages, is there any threads which have any resources like the APT or any questions and information?

doesn't look like it :P although this case study the final question seems pretty obvious, kinda
Reply 5
May i ask what you think it could be?
Reply 6
May i ask what you think it could be?

Surely something along the lines of discuss the effect of FDI in promoting economic development or something like that? :P blind guess, shouldn't be too far adrift though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Stick "Jan 2013" in the title so this thread can be found more easily.
Reply 8
Has anyone finoshed revising this unit? Theres just so dam much..and how about past papers?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my XT615
Reply 9
Original post by king101
Has anyone finoshed revising this unit? Theres just so dam much..and how about past papers?

no im completely baffed as to how to go about this are you just using the book to revise content and using the case study to figure potential questions and revision areas? Also where can we get the APT?
Reply 10
no im completely baffed as to how to go about this are you just using the book to revise content and using the case study to figure potential questions and revision areas? Also where can we get the APT?

Just using school notes atm..whats apt?

Reply 11
Original post by king101
Just using school notes atm..whats apt?

The APT is a cheat shet basically its a perfectly legal document given out by a company with around 30 questions with most coming up on the paper or a similar question comes up, it also has a complete breakdown of the case study. Problem is it costs 60 quid so im looking for somewhere to find it.
Reply 12
The APT is a cheat shet basically its a perfectly legal document given out by a company with around 30 questions with most coming up on the paper or a similar question comes up, it also has a complete breakdown of the case study. Problem is it costs 60 quid so im looking for somewhere to find it.

Is it the tool kit from tutor2you? My teachers gonna buy it. Was this tool kit cortect last year like the questions etc

Reply 13
Original post by king101
Is it the tool kit from tutor2you? My teachers gonna buy it. Was this tool kit cortect last year like the questions etc

Yes it is i believe from tutor2u however im not entirely sure but it is called 'the APT', the APT was correct last year and had the majority of the questions on there its quite essential.

WHen do you reckon you will have it by? and if you do get it would you be able to shre it online or via a private message to me?
Reply 14
Yes it is i believe from tutor2u however im not entirely sure but it is called 'the APT', the APT was correct last year and had the majority of the questions on there its quite essential.

WHen do you reckon you will have it by? and if you do get it would you be able to shre it online or via a private message to me?

Sure I'll PM it you when I get it schools defo buying it :smile:

Reply 15
Original post by king101

Thanks im going to some tutition classes for the exam so ill post any additional resources and help i get aswell.
Reply 16
Would appreciate if anyone could email me (pm me) the pre-release toolkits. On a gap year so will cost £50 if not!
Reply 17
Original post by king101

Hey mate did you find out if your schools got it yet?
Reply 18
School not bought it yet :/ Wuh your charging people for it??

Hi all, I've started looking at this case study and am putting together some YouTube tutorials for F585. I started a few last year that were pretty popular on www.youtube.com/ohjuneth but this year I'll be posting them online to www.youtube.com/EnhanceTuition. I will examine the introduction, individual extracts and discuss overlaps with material in the F585 specification. You can check out the materials I put together for the June exam to get an idea of my approach. The final question also follows a similar pattern - as all past OCR F585 papers have drawn their final question from the final paragraph of the introduction. More on this later...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending