The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexsong
He got injured not benched

Ahhhh thanks....was wondering, since I didn't hear about his injury!
Original post by johnharris19944
Gronkowski broken forearm. I think a little bit of me just died inside when i heard that news... Why can't we just have Hernandez and Gronk healthy is that so much to ask?

What?! Come to think of it I do remember seeing him leave the pitch towards the end (I was watching last night between falling asleep after work) That could be a big blow although the way Edelman was playing last night, wow! I predicted a close game and after Gostowski missed his first field goal I thought here we go again but Colts really shot themselves in the foot with the interceptions thrown.
Thought Brady was excellent once again.
Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
What?! Come to think of it I do remember seeing him leave the pitch towards the end (I was watching last night between falling asleep after work) That could be a big blow although the way Edelman was playing last night, wow! I predicted a close game and after Gostowski missed his first field goal I thought here we go again but Colts really shot themselves in the foot with the interceptions thrown.
Thought Brady was excellent once again.

A little bit of me has died seeing Gronkowski injured and Hernandez injured. Just hasn't been our year, our offense has never been fully healthy when one player steps up, another gets hit by injuries. Im hoping his injury only lasts till about week 15-16 then we have 2 weeks to get him healthy if we don't get a bye. Hopefully Hernandez comes back soon and then we can use Hoomonoui, Fells and Shianco with him to help compensate for his loss.
Christ! I was just looking at stats from yesterday and Matt Ryan had a shocker.
Original post by TheMagicRat

No kidding, 5 interceptions yet Falcons still won. Should have lost but the Cardinals are the Cardinals...

He's on my fantasy team, which makes it quite easy to notice :-(
Apparently he's the first QB to win a game while throwing 5 INTs to 0 TDs since 1967.

On separate notes - the Pats were brilliant, the Browns were very unlucky again, and Houston managed to give up 37 points (to Chad Henne of all people) and still win!

It raises the question of who will have the #1 pick in the draft though - KC or Jacksonville? Both have played about 2-3 good games, and been awful in the rest.

EDIT - when I say good, this is a purely relative term compared to how they've played the rest of the time. On an absolute scale, it's still pretty terrible.
(edited 11 years ago)
I was so hopeful of the Pats offense was very good as usual. Edelman was electric. Gronk was Gronk.

Do you guys think Belichick was at fault for Gronks injury as he shouldn't have played him that late with a big lead or was it fine because quite a few times other teams keep their starters in yet if the Patriots do it suddenly all hell breaks loose...
Original post by shunter7634
He's on my fantasy team, which makes it quite easy to notice :-(
Apparently he's the first QB to win a game while throwing 5 INTs to 0 TDs since 1967.

On separate notes - the Pats were brilliant, the Browns were very unlucky again, and Houston managed to give up 37 points (to Chad Henne of all people) and still win!

It raises the question of who will have the #1 pick in the draft though - KC or Jacksonville? Both have played about 2-3 good games, and been awful in the rest.

EDIT - when I say good, this is a purely relative term compared to how they've played the rest of the time. On an absolute scale, it's still pretty terrible.

Oh, so you have Ryan. I'm against you this week then. I'm winning but I think you've still got someone to play, haven't you?

Being a Jags fan part of me would like the worst record, then maybe we could actually get a decent QB, but then another part of me doesn't want the worst record. In fact, that part of me is much greater.
Oh, so you have Ryan. I'm against you this week then. I'm winning but I think you've still got someone to play, haven't you?

Being a Jags fan part of me would like the worst record, then maybe we could actually get a decent QB, but then another part of me doesn't want the worst record. In fact, that part of me is much greater.

Yeah, I've the Bears D and I need 20 or so points. Not hugely optimistic.

I'm glad to hear that the second part is greater. I'd really hope that the fans that hope that their team loses out to get the top pick in the draft don't actually mean it. I can't imagine ever hoping that my team loses...
59 points from the pats! But a Gronk injury after running up the score. Players over points every time. I don't understand why protection doesn't happen more often.
Reply 4590
Original post by shunter7634

Jax will win at least one more game if Henne plays like he did under centre on Sunday. KC also have winnable games vs Browns, Panthers and Raiders. I guess they both win another game each.

Oh and Tampa Bay keep rolling.
Reply 4591
Did anyone see when the manager threw in the red flag and it went upstairs?
Patriots absolutely destroying the Jets so far. Offense, Defense and special teams have been raping. 8 minutes 51 left in second and 28-0 up.
Watching the game. This isn't a fair fight. The ref should call it off. 35-0 IN THE FIRST HALF. I can't call it a nightmare because nightmares aren't this bad
(edited 11 years ago)
This will take the place of my favorite game if we get 11 more points...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i
Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time.

Undecided would say hes either first or behind Montana. One more Superbowl and he seals the deal.
Seattle to run the table, win the NFC West. All of our losses were by 7 or less points, SF gonna get an ass whuppin at CLink.
[video]http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1783485/vinceats2.gif[/video]

stillbetterthancassel.0_cinema_400.0.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by johnharris19944
Undecided would say hes either first or behind Montana. One more Superbowl and he seals the deal.

One more superbowl WIN or just superbowl?

Still find it incredible that he's already played in 5 superbowls.

Latest