The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's such a pass heavy league these days that I feel sorry for the old QBs. The likes of Starr, Staubach, Unitas, Namath and Graham won't compare to the vast majority of average modern day QBs statistically so I imagine one-by-one there names will drop off the greatest of all time list.

I don't think Brady needs to win anything else. There's a reason Bradshaw isn't considered one of the greatest despite winning 4 Superbowls (not that I agree with the low ranking he usually gets in QB lists) and there's a reason Marino is considered one of the greatest despite never winning one.
Original post by dgeorge
One more superbowl WIN or just superbowl?

Still find it incredible that he's already played in 5 superbowls.

Superbowl win. Although i don't think he needs it would just be nice to finally relive winning it again. Was 10 when the Pats won it last and i remember feeling on top of the world for a week haha
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time.

As a Pats fan I believed this for a long time. Don't know how sure I am now though.
Original post by TheMagicRat
It's such a pass heavy league these days that I feel sorry for the old QBs. The likes of Starr, Staubach, Unitas, Namath and Graham won't compare to the vast majority of average modern day QBs statistically so I imagine one-by-one there names will drop off the greatest of all time list.

I don't think Brady needs to win anything else. There's a reason Bradshaw isn't considered one of the greatest despite winning 4 Superbowls (not that I agree with the low ranking he usually gets in QB lists) and there's a reason Marino is considered one of the greatest despite never winning one.

I agree with you about the old QB thing. As good as Tony Romo is, his numbers are going to be huge but he won't deserve to be above some of the greats. I would take Johnny U any day.

It's probably Peyton Manning for me. It's much easier to say now he's left the Colts.
Off topic has anyone got the Nike vapor jet II team ones that like the logo is on the gloves if put together? really interested in them to replace my Cutters or Vapor jet II's but the price is pretty steep.
I didn't manage to watch any of the games last night, which means I almost missed this gem:

Flawless slapstick.
Reply 4606
Original post by ..DT..
Jax will win at least one more game if Henne plays like he did under centre on Sunday.

There ya have it.
It really does put into perspective just how rubbish Gabbert is.
Original post by TheMagicRat
It really does put into perspective just how rubbish Gabbert is.

I'm ashamed to say I was in the group of people who would have taken Gabbert first in that draft. Although all of the first round QBs in that draft have had their down moments, he is undoubtedly the worst.
Reply 4609
You'd have to say that Dalton is showing the greatest progression, however it does help he has two nasty young WRs on either side and a solid run game behind him.
Original post by ..DT..
You'd have to say that Dalton is showing the greatest progression, however it does help he has two nasty young WRs on either side and a solid run game behind him.

Perzactly. Matt Ryan = a far better QB now with White, Jones and Gonzalez. Not that he wasn't looking great before, but adding quality options almost always inflates a QB.
Reply 4611
It does confuse me how Gabbert went at 10 though. I think it will be interesting to see where the QBs in this coming years draft class will fall, considering it seems like quite a weak class.
Bloody hell Jovan Belcher linebacker for the Kansas City Chiefs has killed himself in front of the head coach by shooting himself in the head. Killed his girlfriend as well. Man i don't know what to say...
:lolwut: will have to check that when I get in. Sounds awful, what the hell drove him to do that? So many deaths over the past year or two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tokyoround
:lolwut: will have to check that when I get in. Sounds awful, what the hell drove him to do that? So many deaths over the past year or two.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jeez it is, thrown a complete spanner into their game this week. More information is coming out rather quickly now.
Reading the reports now, awful. Fair play to them saying they will go ahead with todays game.
Left a 4 month old baby with no parents. Unforgivable...
Well the Patriots have won the AFC EAST WOOOOO. Man if we had Gronkowski i would be so confident that we have a good chance right now teams can shut the middle of the field down if they can. We need Gronk back so its basically impossible to do so.

Here is the strength of schedule for 6 of the best teams in the league:

Falcons: 53-88
Texans: 65-78
Ravens: 66-76
49ers: 70-72-2
Broncos: 71-73
Patriots: 71-72-1

Argument of us having an easy schedule is complete bull. It was easy if it was last seasons teams but teams improve and get worse.
Original post by johnharris19944
Well the Patriots have won the AFC EAST WOOOOO. Man if we had Gronkowski i would be so confident that we have a good chance right now teams can shut the middle of the field down if they can. We need Gronk back so its basically impossible to do so.

Here is the strength of schedule for 6 of the best teams in the league:

Falcons: 53-88
Texans: 65-78
Ravens: 66-76
49ers: 70-72-2
Broncos: 71-73
Patriots: 71-72-1

Argument of us having an easy schedule is complete bull. It was easy if it was last seasons teams but teams improve and get worse.

I was looking for stats like this but couldn't find. I had a feeling we didn't have the schedule they claimed we did/

+ rep.

That falcons schedule! Holy crap.
Original post by Authority_Song
I was looking for stats like this but couldn't find. I had a feeling we didn't have the schedule they claimed we did/

+ rep.

That falcons schedule! Holy crap.

Exactly moronic people have claimed we have such an easy schedule but hang on we have the Ravens, Broncos, 49ers, Seahawks away, Texans and the Colts. They base it on the fact the colts sucked last year, Broncos were only 8-8 last year and stuff like that. Teams get better and we've played quite a few teams who have gotten better. So next time someone says to you Patriots have the easiest schedule in the league you know their spouting rubbish.

Latest