The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9120
Original post by Anonymous
she sure is :smile:

kinda makes the justin bieber mug i got her look a bit rubbish though :P

Just in case, you had this comment on anonymous, and the first one wasn't...I'll delete my quote with your username in it, if you meant to be anonymous :tongue:
Original post by conway!
Just in case, you had this comment on anonymous, and the first one wasn't...I'll delete my quote with your username in it, if you meant to be anonymous :tongue:

hahaha no that's just me getting caught out with this anon, does my head in haha.
I've been crazy about this guy for about 2 months, and apparently he has been the same way about me too...

In a month's time though, he is leaving the continent for 6 months (and may have very limited internet and phone access :frown:). There is a chance 3 months in he may be able to visit, but there is no guarantee to this. I really, really like him, and obviously would like this to work out even though we won't have been together for that long before the LDR phase begins...

Does anyone have any advice to offer to hold strong through this and not suffer too much? Has anyone been in a similar situation?

If i were in that situation i'd probably leave it and see how you both feel when he gets back, 6 months isn't really that long.
Personally i wouldn't want to go into a ldr after just one month and then be without regular contact i don't think there would be the trust and commitment there for it to be an easy ride.
^ did it again ahaha
We broke up last night :frown: Feeling so crap right now...

Very sorry to hear about the break up. Sending hugs your way.
Reply 9125
Hello there!

My boyfriend and I are together since over two years. The first one and a half we were thousands of miles away - I lived in Vienna (Austria) and in Boston (USA). But we love each other very much and made things work, even though not seeing each other sometimes for three months seemed impossible. Also, the six hour time difference was a big problem too. Now he lives in Prague (Czech Rep.), I am still in Vienna and we are very happy only being five hours away from each other and meeting every second weekend.

My relationship is one of many examples that love is possible even in the hardest situations. Don't care about superficial things like money or distance: if he or she is worth it, together you can make it work :smile:
being in a long distance relationship is so hard especially when you go from spending every day together for over 3 months in the summer to seeing each other every other week for a couple of days :frown:

It's even harder since I just missed the grades I needed to get onto the course I wanted to go on so I've been left behind, resitting exams while everyone I was friends with has moved away ..... so, as pathetic as it sounds, I now have no friends and no chance of meeting any new ones.

Does anyone have any advice on how to cope with being so lonely? :frown:
Reply 9127
Had an amazing weekend away with my boyfriend - he bought us tickets to see Michael McIntyre so we spent the weekend away :smile: going to be so hard not seeing him now!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 9128
Ok, so this is about a long distance relationship. Before anyone tells me, yes I know there's a seperate section on LDRs but i just want help from anybody who can offer advice, experienced or not.

So we've been together for 3 months, 9 weeks have been long distance. I'm at uni and he's back in my hometown. I've just turned 18 and he's 21. I love him so much, every time we meet it's amazing...but when we say bye it's like a heartbreak. Don't mean to be dramatic but it is really, really hard. I cry every time I leave him. He loves me too, i've never had this kind of chemistry with someone before.

I DO NOT want to end our relationship. I just want to be with him. Do any of you think we could live together one day? He's said a couple of times, when he's been up here visiting and we've walked past flats for sale 'quick, lets buy it' but its just a joke. Then when we were alone in his house at the weekend he was like 'we're alone, its like its our own place' it too, was jokey. But do you think he's starting to think about it? I knoooow its only been 3 months, i'm getting too ahead of myself, i know. But I want to know if it could be a possibility one day. He lives 20o miles or so away from me :frown: he's very, very close to his family and friends and I don't want to drag him away from them. I don't know if he'd ever leave his home to be with me. But, he said 'i love you more than anything' several times. And he means it, i know he does.

What to do?
hey guys, i've been in this long distance relationship with my girlfriend for like 5 months now and things are great and im really happy with her. But one day she met this guy online and they exchanged email addresses, she told me about it and as im a really laid back guy, i didn't really mind it :smile: BUT as the days went on, the emails started to get more and more intense cos the guy started to get obsessed with her and i mean REALLY OBSESSED! he was writing poems for her, telling her that he loves her so much and that he'd do anything to be in my position... He's always emailing her about how much he wants to cuddle and make love and stuff with her... She obviously doesn't feel comfortable with it and so she said she had a boyfriend...but still he continued to email her about his obsession with her. Then suddenly he started to get depressed and was threatening suicide and how he can't stand it when he loves my girlfriend but she loves me... He always says he's gonna kill himself over and over again. THen i got tired of all this and i told her to email him to back off politely...which made things even worse! He started to get even more depressed and said that he can't live in this world where 'his dream girl is not his' I love this girl a lot and she means the world to me but really im just so damn confused right now... I dont like the idea that this guy is always emailing her about wanting to make love with her and stuff.. in fact im pretty pissed off with the guy... But i just dont know what to do now :frown: someone please help... He's already tried to commit suicide already, it's just my girlfriend is always so sad when he emails her about this... And when she copies and pastes it to me, i get a bit sad too. There's also this underlying feeling that this guy is trying to just steal her away from me... if you could help me, that would be awesome (:
(edited 11 years ago)
Can you be sure he's actually tried to kill himself before?

Tbh if a guy can be suicidal cos a girl off the internet (who he's never met before) doesn't love him, he has problems that your gf can't fix.

If you saw a guy hitting on her in a club you'd be right over to stop it, this is no different.
I personally would have taken issue with the exchanging of the email addresses in the first places and tbh my gf would have recognised that as a little inappropriate.
At the end of the day he's either lying or has got bigger issues than your gf can fix, i would ask her to look at it from your point of you and tell her you feel like you're in a really uncomfortable position, she has absolutely no responsibility over him at all.

However good luck in getting your gf to see your point of view, imagine how she would react if you were emailing a girl under the same circumstances?
she's constantly saying how she doesn't want to hurt him or see him kill himself.. But i've already asked her to imagine herself in my shoes if i was in the same situation and the response i got was : ''ehh'' i really dont know what to do now :/ i dont know for sure if he tried to kill himself.. But i just dont think she understands my point of view that well.. what do i do?
Original post by Infamous2
she's constantly saying how she doesn't want to hurt him or see him kill himself.. But i've already asked her to imagine herself in my shoes if i was in the same situation and the response i got was : ''ehh'' i really dont know what to do now :/ i dont know for sure if he tried to kill himself.. But i just dont think she understands my point of view that well.. what do i do?

How old are you and your girlfriend? Honestly if I was your girlfriend I would have already gotten the hell out of there.
i've asked her to imagine herself in my position and how she would feel in my shoes and the response i got was: ''eh'' i just dont know what to do now.. i hate how this guy is threatening suicide to try and be with my gf and this is really hard to cope with on a daily basis. Everyday when i come back from college, this guy has sent her a long ass email about his obsession and it really puts me down :/ i dont think she really understands the position im in...
Original post by MattyJo
How old are you and your girlfriend? Honestly if I was your girlfriend I would have already gotten the hell out of there.

im 17 and she's 18
im 17 and she's 18

So both young. Hmm, I see literally no problem with your girlfriend just blocking his emails and ceasing to contact this person really, I'm not sure why this is so much of a problem.
Original post by MattyJo
So both young. Hmm, I see literally no problem with your girlfriend just blocking his emails and ceasing to contact this person really, I'm not sure why this is so much of a problem.

me neither! the thing is, is that she's scared he might kill himself and she told me that she doesn't want to live knowing someone killed themself over her.. she's a really really really nice girl and she gets attached to people easily so she always wants to help people and stuff.. She doesn't want him to feel depressed and she knows that if she stops talking to him, he'll get even more depressed...
me neither! the thing is, is that she's scared he might kill himself and she told me that she doesn't want to live knowing someone killed themself over her.. she's a really really really nice girl and she gets attached to people easily so she always wants to help people and stuff.. She doesn't want him to feel depressed and she knows that if she stops talking to him, he'll get even more depressed...

I'm sorry but someone won't kill themselves over someone over the internet. They are just playing games. Your girlfriend literally has nothing to do with this guy? :confused:
if you've already approached her about it i'd probably be a bit more blunt about it. I hate guys like this, they can't understand that what they're doing is inappropriate.
if you've already approached her about it i'd probably be a bit more blunt about it. I hate guys like this, they can't understand that what they're doing is inappropriate.

EXACTLY i've told her it's so inappropriate for him to messaging my girlfriend like this.. she agrees but she doesn't want him to be even more sad. I know that this guy isn't for real and he hasn't tried to kill himself or anything... I mean for christ's sake, he hasn't even seen a picture of her and he's 'in love'

Latest

Trending

Trending