The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chickenonsteroids
Issues concerning justice and fairness. I'm investigating Rawls.

nice :smile: have you got far with it yet? My school hasn't even told me the deadline...
Original post by teddypicker1
nice :smile: have you got far with it yet? My school hasn't even told me the deadline...

I'm pretty much finished. Though I wish my supervisor would give me some feed back on the structure of my argument but I don't think he will. I think I can get a decent A but I'm not sure. Could be a B or a C for all I know.
I'm pretty much finished. Though I wish my supervisor would give me some feed back on the structure of my argument but I don't think he will. I think I can get a decent A but I'm not sure. Could be a B or a C for all I know.

Cool :smile: are you doing Rawls for your set text?
Original post by teddypicker1
Cool :smile: are you doing Rawls for your set text?

Plato, yourself?
Hello I am doing my ee on music and i really have no idea where to start? SHould i compare two pieces with musical theory and background or figure out how a specific composer effected music? Or should i think outside the western world, yet i am afraid that might sound too much like my musical links essay. So please anyone doing ib music ee please help me.
I am done with my EE and i did an experiment in chemistry on whether the type of catalyst affect the result etc :smile: was fun

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey everyone
I'm doing my extended essay in psychology on stress but do not know how to make it psychological and not biologicalor even anything...please any ideas would be a big helpppp
thank you
my essay is due next week thursday and am soo stuckk
Original post by KimFanNi
Please help! I'm taking HL mathematics and chose that as my subject but can't come up with a good topic. My supervisor is really anthusiastic but the topics she came up were just not what I expected to do in math ( she wanted me to do it about solving equations) So now I'm thinking about writing my essay in Physics because I think an EE in Physics is really interesting and my teacher and have already thought about I fairly ok topic. The problem is that I think I don't understand Physics as deeply as Math and I don't want to let down my Math teacher. ( She is my tutor and she can be quite scary when someone says something and takes it back)...

So in a nutshell Math HL EE vs Physics SL EE?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hey,

I did my EE in physics, and I don't think it's too important to "understand physics as deeply" just because that's what the research is for. If you choose a topic that interests you (I chose meteor impacts and did experiments involving ejecta radius, depth of crate etc) then you should enjoy researching it anyway. If you need any help writing a physics EE then just PM me :smile:
Plato, yourself?

On Liberty JS Mill :smile: = amazing.
Hey guys !
I have to choose my supervisor and EE topic for tomorrow.
I'd like to write it in Arts but unfortunately there is no Arts group in my school, so I'll be writing it in my Eng + Lit A2 HL
I know that I should choose a topic that is interesting for me, so I really want to write it about music.
But not from a theoretical point of view, because I haven't finished music school.
I'd rather analyse lyrics or write about influence/impact of particular musicians on society and some social phenomena.
But... I have no idea what research question and topic should I choose ;s
I was talking with my English teacher about the influence of Albert Camus works on The Cure music and lyrics, or comparing existentialism and absurdity presented in Camus books and Cure lyrics, but my teacher wasn't really satisfied with this topic idea. Do you have any suggestions for me or any example questions that may interest me ?
Mine's in Psychology: What are the psychological explanations of the abuse conducted by US Army Miltary Police in Abu Ghraib Prison, 2004? :smile:
I did mine last year and compared the Decalogue with the Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth. I kind of regret that choice now since it was very hard to get a teacher to act as my supervisor for it, and trying to explain the subject got a bit embarrassing, frankly. But I did enjoy the research.
Hi. I know I'm not suppose to ask questions on this thread, but since this one is more active than the Ultimate OMG thread, I'll ask here too. I want to do my EE on English Lit, most preferably on The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak since it's my favorite book. I'm thinking of 'how did the use of foreshadowing enhances the narrative' or something along that line, but it's far from original. Any suggestion please?
Reply 2173
English Literature: How reliable are the narrators in Kurt Vonnegut's 'Mother Night' and F. Scott Fitzgerald's ‘The Great Gatsby’?

It was very interesting and my first draft was over 5 000 words. Did anyone have the huge rush of relief when you signed the final EE form?
Reply 2174
hey! I'm in IB1 and we've been instructed to start thinking of our EE topics. i was thinking of doing mine in Chemistry and something along the lines of "What are the effects of temperature on vitamin C content found in fruits available in Jamaica?". Is that ok? Is vitamin C too overdone? Any help would be appreciated! :smile::smile:
Reply 2175
Hello!

I really need help.
I have to pick an EE subject by tonight - not a topic, but just a subject. However,obviously I'm already thinking about possible topics, because if you don't have a good topic for your ee, you're screwed.

I've narrowed my options down to English Language or Geography. I achieve the same grade in both subjects, and I still don't know what I plan to do at uni, so making the choice is not easy, as I also enjoy both of them very very much.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to what subject I could do and possible topics? Also, I have heard that for geography, better EEs have primary data collected by the student. I live in Hong Kong, so if there are any recommendations for topics, keep that in mind?

If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated!! :smile:
Reply 2176
Original post by vixkyf
Hello!

I really need help.
I have to pick an EE subject by tonight - not a topic, but just a subject. However,obviously I'm already thinking about possible topics, because if you don't have a good topic for your ee, you're screwed.

I've narrowed my options down to English Language or Geography. I achieve the same grade in both subjects, and I still don't know what I plan to do at uni, so making the choice is not easy, as I also enjoy both of them very very much.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to what subject I could do and possible topics? Also, I have heard that for geography, better EEs have primary data collected by the student. I live in Hong Kong, so if there are any recommendations for topics, keep that in mind?

If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated!! :smile:

Hi, I live in Brunei where we don't have access to primary libraries or university libraries. I'm not sure if Hong Kong is like this but this is something to keep in mind when choosing a topic because a lot of my research had to come from online journal articles.

I did mine in English Lit and my friend did hers in Lit Lang and we both found it easy and relatively stress free (compared to everyone around us). I don't take geo so I can't give you much advice around that frontier. For english my essay was enjoyable as I was able to pick two books that I really enjoyed and analyse them. My topic is a couple of posts up if you want to know it (I still can't write it down off the top of my head).

A word of advice for english though don't choose 'mainstream' authors. For example by first choice was Tolkien but my supervisor vetoed that because so many people write about topics like that every year. Although Vonnegut and the Great Gatsby can be considered pretty mainstream there was no literally no research on Mother night (Vonnegut's book). That wasn't a problem because I was able to adapt other research and analyse things and because of living in Brunei our school puts in a note to the IB every year saying that we don't have access to resources.

Hopefully this helps, but in the long term a lot of people say choose something you enjoy. While that is part of the process choose something you can write easily about and isn't going to take up a lot of my time (a friend ended up doing around 50 hours of lab experiments for their EE and then had to start over). Goodluck and PM me if you have anymore questions!

Oh and what school do you go in in Hong Kong? I once went there for a FOBISSEA music trip!
Reply 2177
Mine was on Language A1 English - Deconstructing Snow White: Comparing three versions of the Popular Fairy-tale.
Reply 2178
Original post by GemmaNB
Hi, I live in Brunei where we don't have access to primary libraries or university libraries. I'm not sure if Hong Kong is like this but this is something to keep in mind when choosing a topic because a lot of my research had to come from online journal articles.

I did mine in English Lit and my friend did hers in Lit Lang and we both found it easy and relatively stress free (compared to everyone around us). I don't take geo so I can't give you much advice around that frontier. For english my essay was enjoyable as I was able to pick two books that I really enjoyed and analyse them. My topic is a couple of posts up if you want to know it (I still can't write it down off the top of my head).

A word of advice for english though don't choose 'mainstream' authors. For example by first choice was Tolkien but my supervisor vetoed that because so many people write about topics like that every year. Although Vonnegut and the Great Gatsby can be considered pretty mainstream there was no literally no research on Mother night (Vonnegut's book). That wasn't a problem because I was able to adapt other research and analyse things and because of living in Brunei our school puts in a note to the IB every year saying that we don't have access to resources.

Hopefully this helps, but in the long term a lot of people say choose something you enjoy. While that is part of the process choose something you can write easily about and isn't going to take up a lot of my time (a friend ended up doing around 50 hours of lab experiments for their EE and then had to start over). Goodluck and PM me if you have anymore questions!

Oh and what school do you go in in Hong Kong? I once went there for a FOBISSEA music trip!

Can I ask what your friend's EE was about? :redface:

I have quite good libraries in HK. I go to King George V school :smile:

thank you for all the help :biggrin:
Reply 2179
Original post by CeeTe3
Mine was on Language A1 English - Deconstructing Snow White: Comparing three versions of the Popular Fairy-tale.

That sounds really interesting! So the three versions were all narrative versions? or..

Latest

Trending

Trending