York St John University
York
Visit website

York St. John Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by KGW
I do Travel and Tourism but yeah they have till May 8th i think to reply

Ahh very nice! So this is your last year then? What other uni's have you applied for?
May 8th is a while away:frown: I wanna go to uni nowww!! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by hvanheerden1
Applied for Primary Ed, it's my second choice! I sent my UCAS a month ago but haven't heard anything from them. Got interviews at Hull and Leeds Trinity though. People are saying that no news is good news but it's still getting me worried that it's taking this long! :redface:

Thank God it isnt just me!! I applied at the beginning of OCtober and havent heard i was kinda worried cos i've got interviews from my other two and its my second choice aswell. Good luck with your interviews :ciao:
Original post by Alex-xox
Thank God it isnt just me!! I applied at the beginning of OCtober and havent heard i was kinda worried cos i've got interviews from my other two and its my second choice aswell. Good luck with your interviews :ciao:

There's been plenty of people who have had interviews so its getting kinda frustrating!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by amyeaton
Ahh very nice! So this is your last year then? What other uni's have you applied for?
May 8th is a while away:frown: I wanna go to uni nowww!! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah it is and erm Chester, Manchester Met, Liverpool John Moores and Central Lancashire you?
Reply 84
Original post by KGW
yeah it is and erm Chester, Manchester Met, Liverpool John Moores and Central Lancashire you?

ahh sweet! i nearly applied at liverpool! i've applied at york, leeds met, sheffield hallam and hull :smile:
Reply 85
Anyone applied for children, young people and families?:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hi, I've received an offer for psychology, anybody else?
And can anyone tell me about what its like to study psychology at ysj and what York is like for social things, not just nightlife.
Thanks!:smile:
Reply 87
Original post by amy_x
Anyone applied for children, young people and families?:smile:

I have :smile: have you got an offer yet? I got mine about two weeks ago.
Got an interview for Primary Ed, yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mahjongmagic
Hi everyone :hi:

I'm currently doing my first year of History and American Studies and living in Percy's Lane, so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me :smile:

Whats it like going to YSJ? Do you know anyone who does the psychology course? And anything about city residence?
Original post by hvcxxx
I'm applying for Psychology, fingers crossed :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPod app

Hey I'm applying for psychology too! What do you think about the course and stuff?
Reply 91
Declined my offer from York
Hey! I sent my application off last Thursday, to do History.
I'm getting really impatient now, I just want an offer!
Original post by DayOfTheBees
Hey! I sent my application off last Thursday, to do History.
I'm getting really impatient now, I just want an offer!

Finally, someone else doing History! Nice to meet you!

Original post by KMLeeson
Finally, someone else doing History! Nice to meet you!

Ahh hello! Nice to meet you too!

Do you have any idea of YSJ are one of those places that wait until the deadline for courses like History, or do they tend to give offers as they come in?
York St John rejected me for Physiotherapy! Their loss! (lol jk)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by DayOfTheBees
Ahh hello! Nice to meet you too!

Do you have any idea of YSJ are one of those places that wait until the deadline for courses like History, or do they tend to give offers as they come in?

Well I've got an offer and I received it 10 days after I sent my application so I would say they take them as they come. My friend who applied for English got hers in like 2 weeks and my other friends is still waiting for a response(English and German)! It's only been a week for you so don't worry :smile:

Reply 97
Original post by lizzyrose
I have :smile: have you got an offer yet? I got mine about two weeks ago.

well done! and no not yet had a bit of messing around with my application because i chose York after i'd applied because one of my choices moved the course so i couldnt do it anymore so i've only just sent them my personal statement but hopefully i'll hear something soon :smile:
Original post by KMLeeson
Well I've got an offer and I received it 10 days after I sent my application so I would say they take them as they come. My friend who applied for English got hers in like 2 weeks and my other friends is still waiting for a response(English and German)! It's only been a week for you so don't worry :smile:

Oh I see, thanks! I'm so impatient about these sort of things, and my friend got two offers today, so I'm a little anxious. :P
Original post by AbbeyThunder
Whats it like going to YSJ? Do you know anyone who does the psychology course? And anything about city residence?

Hey :wavey:

YSJ is a great place! The campus is compact enough so it doesn't feel too overwhelming and the SU is pretty cosy :yep:

I know a few people on the psychology course and they seem to enjoy it. I've heard plenty of things about it of which most seem positive, plenty of essay talk though!

I can't really speak for City Res tbh as I don't know anyone there

Hope that helps :smile: If I can get anymore psychology impressions, I'll let you know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending