The Student Room Group

How to tame an alpha male?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Myonika
This is ridiculous. As a female, I am more Alpha than most guys

You so Alpha that you necro'd a 2 year old thread :ahee:

No offence intended, but I personally would be pretty bored to be you in the relationship. What do you even get out of that? :hmmm:
Reply 41
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Most 'alpha' males aren't really 'alpha males' they just act up with false confidence. If you're hot, and lose interest in them, then they can find their apparent alphaness disappearing rapidly and they become as bad as girls for attention seeking, you will get a load of texts from them like "i love u babes xx why u ignorin me babes??xx"

If they are really alpha types (rare) then if you're hot and lose interest in them, they will just move on.

Very true. It is easy to move from one guy/girl to the next. Unless he never conquered her--that will hurt his ego and he will feel like a failure. Or unless the Alpha falls in love. There is a difference btw losing a hot girl/guy and losing someone who sincerely admired and appreciated everything you did. ALL Alphas fall at some point. I dated guys in their 40s who have never proposed until I came into their lives.
Be gentle but firm when turning down an Alpha.
Reply 42
Try it sometime and see :smile:. You get the Alpha's complete loyalty, respect, and love. They will absolutely adore, dote on, and spoil you. They will protect you from harm and cherish you above all others. It's a wonderful feeling.

know this is an old thread but I thought the answers were way off. Had to put my two sense in.
Summary of the thread: How to go for someone for a certain characteristic, and change that about them.

Seems legit.
People in this thread are completely confusing
"Being an Alpha male"
with
"Being a disrespectful dickhead".

Most "players" are not true alpha males, they are insecure guys who can't relate to women but are reasonably attractive/charming. Getting with a long stream of girls in quick succession makes them feel more secure and flatters their ego. You can be an alpha male and a player, but its hard to think of good motivation except maybe "getting experience" while young.

Similarly, most of the behaviour in this thread is descriptive of douchebags who may or may not also be alpha males. Being an alpha male doesnt mean you have to be a douchebag, any more than being a douchebag means you are an alpha male. Being disrespectful to women, cheating, being an *******, gross arrogance - theres nothing inherently alpha about any of them. In many ways having to behave like a dick to get what you want implies lack of true alpha - the best alphas will be able to make all those around them feel great WHILE doing everything the alpha could want.

tl;dr don't confuse being a douchebag "player" with being an alpha male.
I'm a beta male :frown: I wish I could change but I can't.
No such thing as Alpha males, just ********s.

people who live in a simplified primary school world view of Alphas and betas and other crude generalizations like that tend to fail harder.

The fact that you claim to like alpha males is itself indication you still have a lnog way to go before you truly understand your tastes.
Reply 47
What is an alpha male? I just thought it was quite simply a male with a high level of self esteem and social status (the two things tend to go hand-in-hand).

Other people seem to be using the term to describe something completely different.
Reply 48
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
No such thing as Alpha males, just ********s.

people who live in a simplified primary school world view of Alphas and betas and other crude generalizations like that tend to fail harder.

The fact that you claim to like alpha males is itself indication you still have a lnog way to go before you truly understand your tastes.

Oh yes. Is it just me or is the OP a complete *****?
OP is a filthy misandrist.
if you tame the alpha male then hes not an alpha male so by attaining your goal youve actually lost it
why go for someone if you're just going to change what attracted you to them in the first place, its like those girls who go for players specifically to turn them into nice guys...why dont you just grow up and find a nice guy, if you've realised the "alpha male" isnt good for you stop going for them! I suspect people in this thread dont know the difference between alpha male and douchebag though =/
Original post by Myonika
This is ridiculous. As a female, I am more Alpha than most guys--everyone I dated asked me to marry them.
Want to win an Alpha's heart? Easy.
They CAN'T be tamed. You must realize this. DON'T fall in love until AFTER he is--get him to open up about his childhood first. Get to know him and remember details. Ask details and keep the conversations about him. If he asked you a question, give a short/enticing answer and fire another question at him. Stick to your standards and LEAVE if he trys to change them. He will respect you more. Don't sleep with him for a while--make him chase. Let him LEAD. If he wants to go somewhere say "That is a great idea! I would love to." If he wants to drive 2hrs to see him then LET him (Be open to receiving). HE makes the plans, not you. HE asks you out. NEVER chase him. NEVER offer to pay for anything but thank him, sincerely, every time he does.
Admire and respect his plans/decisions. Be sincere and give him lots of compliments and affection (In public ONLY so it can't lead anywhere. He will want you but can't have you...MAJOR turn on). Give him space--wait several days btw dates. He will value his time with you more.
If he is being a turd to you or someone else in front of others then make sure to pull him aside and gently confront him about it. This will show you will protect his image and help him improve.
Never flirt with another guy if you are in a committed relationship. He will lose trust and interest VERY quickly.
Guys are simple. Focus on finding a guy that you deserve and you will cherish. Don't hunt guys for fun.

Your a virgin arnt you, it's ok if you are.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Talk to his mates about how small his penis is and how he only lasts 30 seconds in bed... That should get the banter rolling and might bring him down a peg or two.
The moment you tame him, he'll stop being "alpha".
Reply 55
Original post by Myonika
Try it sometime and see :smile:. You get the Alpha's complete loyalty, respect, and love. They will absolutely adore, dote on, and spoil you. They will protect you from harm and cherish you above all others. It's a wonderful feeling..

Nah, I'd probably just give you A-2-M and move on to the next chick.
Reply 56
Use beta-blockers
Reply 57
The first page of this thread is so pathetic :mmm:
In Soviet Russia, alpha male tames you.
Reply 59
There's a different between being a misogynistic ******* and being masculine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending