The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge Hill PGCE applicants

Hiya,

I was just wondering whether anybody else is applying to Edge Hill to do a Secondary History PGCE (or any PGCE) in September 2013?

Would be nice to know if anybody else is applying there :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I've applied for Primary, but I haven't heard anything yet. I think they take a few weeks to sort out anyway.
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
I've applied for Secondary ICT on the 30th October. I have not heard anything from them yet.
Reply 3
Anyone heard anything about interviews? I got invited to one yesterday and just wondering who else has...? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
Original post by Furbiiee
Anyone heard anything about interviews? I got invited to one yesterday and just wondering who else has...? :smile:

I'm still waiting :frown: I've seen quite a few people now that have been offered interviews. Did you get an email? Was it for Primary? x
Reply 5
I have still not heard anything. I called them today and was told I should hear in the next few days.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by antony.s
I have still not heard anything. I called them today and was told I should hear in the next few days.

Hi, was this for Primary?
Reply 7
Original post by HannahJ1213
Hi, was this for Primary?

No Secondary ICT ;0)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Got an email through yesterday morning and had to confirm my attendance. Getting emailed all of my guidance stuff within the next few days. And it's for Secondary History :smile: x

Got an interview for Primary :smile:
I've applied for Primary English Education PGCE at Edge Hill :smile:
Original post by Jennie027
I've applied for Primary English Education PGCE at Edge Hill :smile:

Me too, you hear back yet?
Original post by Salt & Vinegar
Me too, you hear back yet?

Nope, not yet! *fingers crossed!*
Reply 13
Hi! I've applied for Secondary English PGCE! Still waiting to hear, fingers crossed. Good luck everyone!
I am currently at edgehill doing secondary MFL. Amazing course, love it. Just keep on top of your work tho, seriously. Just be ready for a year of inteennnnse work lol, that's all I'm saying!!
I applied for School Direct (History) and it is linked with Edge Hill so basically I'll be doing the History PGCE but in a cluster of schools that I chose. :smile: I got a place on Thursday, the day after my interview! I've also applied for PGCE History at MMU but I think I will choose School Direct in the end.
Reply 16
Original post by antony.s
I've applied for Secondary ICT on the 30th October. I have not heard anything from them yet.

Hi..
you in uni now? what you studying? are you aware of how this will be changing to Computer Science?
Original post by Furbiiee
Hiya,

I was just wondering whether anybody else is applying to Edge Hill to do a Secondary History PGCE (or any PGCE) in September 2013?

Would be nice to know if anybody else is applying there :smile:

Hi!

I've applied for a Secondary English PGCE. I recently had an interview for a place (on the 14th December) and, even though it was for English, we were told that we were the very first five, (yes, there was only five of us!) to be interviewed!

We were all quite surprised, it seemed pretty late to be the first interviewees, but it means people shouldn't worry if they haven't been offered an interview date yet! Especially, if there is only 5 at a time interviewed and I was there for 4 hours.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Oh we'll that's made me feel a bit better! They got my application on the 11th and I'm still waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I had an interview on the 12th for Secondary History and they told the 12 of us that we were the first to be interviewed.

The History PGCE course leader also told us that they are having to make more offers this year thanks to the skills tests in case applicants don't pass them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending