The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4000

Chuuni killed me again this week. I don't think I can keep dying so much.
Original post by AntiFusor
That was the end?! Damn it...
Them feels

if you mean ending to the series, then no theres 3 more eps :p:

its so cute, i keep watching that scene over and over :h:
Reply 4002
Original post by tabris

chuuni killed me again this week. I don't think i can keep dying so much.

copyright fuuuu.

Edit:

Nevermind found it on another site, although its kinda bad quality.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDgxODc2ODM2.html
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4003
Original post by Carecup
copyright fuuuu.

Edit:

Nevermind found it on another site, although its kinda bad quality.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDgxODc2ODM2.html

Spoiler

Reply 4004
Original post by Tabris

Spoiler

Don't stop believin'.

In other news.

Why was I not informed of this earlier. Localisation, my kingdom of a localisation

(edited 11 years ago)
started watching Initial D :cool: just watched the first proper race..

Spoiler

the race between the eight-six and three-two oh man :coma: man these races give me such an adrenaline rush :dice:

the music is so so good as well :sogood: :banana:
(edited 11 years ago)
Just posting to say I should be okay to write up the winter season anime preview in a week or two (I feel I should wait at least that long, since new titles are being announced almost daily at the moment). Hopefully it won't be a repeat of last time, but my internet connection is currently the best it has ever been following the switch to BT. :yes:
Reply 4007
Well, it's been a while since I've posted here, so I figured I should provide a quick update.

Amongst the 28 or so I'm following, I'd say Magi has piqued my interest the most as of late. It's getting better and better.
Btooom! still remains highly enjoyable. Chu-2 is rather one dimensional, but in a good way. Sword Art Online was ridiculous last week with the slug thing, but somehow I can easily overlook such a scene from this anime in account of its excellent premise. Sakurasou is probably my most biggest surprise from this season, the comedy and drama is just done really well. Zetsuen no Tempest is good, but there's something lacking. I can't quite pinpoint what it is, though. Muv-Luv is sort of trailing in this last arc. It's ok, but the focus is quite indecisive. Bakuman hasn't changed all that much since the start of the first season, it's consistently solid, but not great. I'll leave the rest. I still need to catch up with a few such as K and Little Busters!.
Reply 4008
Ok, after watching episode 9 of Zetsuen no Tempest, I retract my previous statement. What an episode, such great scripting. Revelation after revelation, you really have to appreciate how interwoven everything is, and the references to Shakespeare are an added bonus. Any apprehension I might have had prior to this episode have been alleviated. I suppose I shouldn't underestimate Bones.
Original post by Aiko
Ok, after watching episode 9 of Zetsuen no Tempest, I retract my previous statement. What an episode, such great scripting. Revelation after revelation, you really have to appreciate how interwoven everything is, and the references to Shakespeare are an added bonus. Any apprehension I might have had prior to this episode have been alleviated. I suppose I shouldn't underestimate Bones.

I've not seen the most recent episode yet, but Zetsuen no Tempest has been my favorite show of the season for a week or two now (Psycho-Pass is slowly sliding down due to lack of character development). I was expecting good things from it as I was already a fan of Kyou Shirodaira's other manga series Spiral, which itself had plenty of huge, mind-blowing revelations towards the end. :yes:
Sao, **** just got real.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4011
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I've not seen the most recent episode yet, but Zetsuen no Tempest has been my favorite show of the season for a week or two now (Psycho-Pass is slowly sliding down due to lack of character development). I was expecting good things from it as I was already a fan of Kyou Shirodaira's other manga series Spiral, which itself had plenty of huge, mind-blowing revelations towards the end. :yes:

As I mentioned above, I couldn't really pinpoint why the anime hadn't grabbed me until now because it had everything going for it, and I'll admit that the previous episode did pique my intrigue due to the character development we received. However, what we got this time sealed it for me because finally the plot is advancing beyond the initial premise. I suppose, now that I come to think of it, that was primarily why I couldn't get into the anime initially, the plot didn't advance all that much, preferring to reinforce the mystery surrounding Hakaze and Aika.

I really need to start watching Psycho Pass. I saw the first episode and really enjoyed it. The fact that it was previously your favourite of the season is all the more reason to download it now. :yes:
Reply 4012
Original post by CosmicVengeance
Sao, **** just got real.

Aha, just finished watching the episode, and yeah, just wow. I decided to re-watch the last 10 minutes or so again because it was that powerful. :giggle: Kudos to Taketatsu, she did a great job during that scene in the landing/bedroom.
Reply 4013
Seeing as I'm patiently waiting for Sukitte Iinayo to download, I might as well relay my thoughts... Shoujo has taken a backseat as far as anime adaptations have been concerned, so I was keen to pick up this one, alongside Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. However, unlike the latter that is mostly comedic due to the characters (I'm looking at you, Haru), Sukitte Iinayo is shoujo drama at its best. The drama is really thick with this one, love triangle and all (or potentially quadangle if this latest episode is any indictor). It's the type of thing you'd expect from a Korean live action. In this regard, it's kind of refreshing that they didn't include any comedy because there's a sense of realism that's often absent in anime. It's not even like Nana where the characters occasionally go into chibi form when saying something humourous. There's nothing like that at all. So, yeah, it's pretty good and the characters are likeable, especially the female protagonist. She's very believable and sincere, and this comes across particularly well in the anime.
Original post by Aiko
Seeing as I'm patiently waiting for Sukitte Iinayo to download, I might as well relay my thoughts... Shoujo has taken a backseat as far as anime adaptations have been concerned, so I was keen to pick up this one, alongside Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. However, unlike the latter that is mostly comedic due to the characters (I'm looking at you, Haru), Sukitte Iinayo is shoujo drama at its best. The drama is really thick with this one, love triangle and all (or potentially quadangle if this latest episode is any indictor). It's the type of thing you'd expect from a Korean live action. In this regard, it's kind of refreshing that they didn't include any comedy because there's a sense of realism that's often absent in anime. It's not even like Nana where the characters occasionally go into chibi form when saying something humourous. There's nothing like that at all. So, yeah, it's pretty good and the characters are likeable, especially the female protagonist. She's very believable and sincere, and this comes across particularly well in the anime.

We have pretty similar anime tastes xD, just seen sukitte iinayo and it was pretty good. Wonder whats up with the new guy people seem to e intimidated by him, come to think of it i just remembered from the manga about his past!

Tbh Tonati no kaibutso kun was REALLY good until Harus brother showed up, its just messed the whole thing up, more characters and less development, its started going slighlty downhill from the past few episodes i think anyway... It just seems to cheesy.

Cant wait for muv luv/ixion dt (hilarious)/ and Magii :biggrin:

Reply 4015
Original post by CosmicVengeance
We have pretty similar anime tastes xD, just seen sukitte iinayo and it was pretty good. Wonder whats up with the new guy people seem to e intimidated by him, come to think of it i just remembered from the manga about his past!

I haven't read the manga, but...

Spoiler

Tbh Tonati no kaibutso kun was REALLY good until Harus brother showed up, its just messed the whole thing up, more characters and less development, its started going slighlty downhill from the past few episodes i think anyway... It just seems to cheesy.

Yuzan hasn't received much development. He's rather one dimensional at the moment, so I'm hoping they'll shed more light on his character and why Haru goes ballistic whenever he sees him.

Aside from that, I like the comedy. The interaction between Shizuku and Haru is quite amusing, but my only concern is that I'm beginning to see a trend whereby they make some progress with their relationship, only to revert back to square one again. It's like a vicious circle that's slightly frustrating and a tad repetitive.

Cant wait for muv luv/ixion dt (hilarious)/ and Magii :biggrin:

Ixion Saga DT was pretty bad, in my opinion. Yes, it was amusing, if you're into that sort of thing, but given how many anime series I'm following, a few had to face the axe and unfortunately this was one of them. I may get back to it in the future at some point, though. :tongue:
Original post by Aiko
I haven't read the manga, but...

Spoiler

Yuzan hasn't received much development. He's rather one dimensional at the moment, so I'm hoping they'll shed more light on his character and why Haru goes ballistic whenever he sees him.

Aside from that, I like the comedy. The interaction between Shizuku and Haru is quite amusing, but my only concern is that I'm beginning to see a trend whereby they make some progress with their relationship, only to revert back to square one again. It's like a vicious circle that's slightly frustrating and a tad repetitive.

Ixion Saga DT was pretty bad, in my opinion. Yes, it was amusing, if you're into that sort of thing, but given how many anime series I'm following, a few had to face the axe and unfortunately this was one of them. I may get back to it in the future at some point, though. :tongue:

Yeah Its because yamato never
Helped him etc, and thats the same im thinking with haru and shiz, they always make progress and end up
Back to square one like you said, ixion is probably
The most
Hilarious anime
Atm, i don't really like chuunibyu... Btooom is getting pretty good too just read up to the latest manga and omg i got so happy when i read the latest chapters, its something which rarely happens in animes without there being a god damn interruption and it was going to get real serious...

(edited 11 years ago)
the race against the Civic in Initial D First Stage :dice: just gets better and better :coma: dont piss off Takumi :mmm: :cool:

latest to love ru darkness ep was sweet :cute: show can be quite good when the story gets going :h:

ahh what a lovely ep of Space Bros :h:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4018
Weekly dose of SAO PLOT.

Kirito gona be going balls deep

Latest