The Student Room Group

Where do you work and how much do you get paid per hour?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Mattyizsocool
I'm a 17 and a Lifeguard - £6.50 an hour, (glorified cleaner and babysitter). Doing the ASA Swimming instructors level one course in a week, when I have level two I can earn £12.50 an hour. Woo!

Are you paying for the ASA or is the leisure centre you are working out funding it for you?
I

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Alarae
You live in London?!

I work in Sainsburys too but I'm on £7.22 p/h (not much difference, I know) but I'm not in London! I was under the impression that stores in London would get the highest location allowance...

If you don't mind me asking;what section do you work on ? I thought sainsbury's wage rates would be the same..
Reply 323
Original post by fuzznbass
If you don't mind me asking;what section do you work on ? I thought sainsbury's wage rates would be the same..

I'm on Checkouts, if that's what you mean. I'm not on nights so I don't have that premium either.

I work for a demonstrating company called Gekko at £12 per hour - check them out online!
Original post by Alarae
I'm on Checkouts, if that's what you mean. I'm not on nights so I don't have that premium either.

Ok guess it differs place to place, I'm on £6.54
I work for a company at an airport (can't name for security reasons) and I get paid £11.03 an hour. I work 15 hours a week and I go to university as well. I love working there because all overtime is paid.... even if it is just 5 mins, they round it up to the closest 15 mins :-)
Reply 327
Some people have such high paying jobs!! :redface:
I work on a bar in a busy nightclub. I get £6.25 an hour although during a shift I can easily make £20 tips. It is an awesome job although not starting until 10.30/11pm and not getting into bed until half 4 is a pain in the ass sometimes.
Waterstones, £6.19 an hour.
Morrisons, 8 hours a week (though my manager's quite good for getting me overtime, sometimes I work 12 or 16 hours), £5.66 per hour.
Original post by Emmzaa
Some people have such high paying jobs!! :redface:
I work on a bar in a busy nightclub. I get £6.25 an hour although during a shift I can easily make £20 tips. It is an awesome job although not starting until 10.30/11pm and not getting into bed until half 4 is a pain in the ass sometimes.

Count yourself lucky :lolwut: I worked in a club all of last year and started at 5:30pm until about 4 or 5am, and got home at about 6:30. Being mental rushed off your feet for almost 12 hours solid is not as fun as it seems from the other side of the bar! Oh and NO BREAKS. It was ok Friday and Saturday but I tried during the week a few times and I basically had to just get ready for uni as soon as I got home and I was a zombie all day. Before I did it myself, I honestly didn't realise working in a club was so hard. I didn't even get paid as much as you and I wasn't even working late compared to some other people who were there cleaning up and restocking the bar til 6 or 7 in the morning. Also working with drunk adults is worse than working with children! And I've done both.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 331
I work in a restaurant as a waitress and bartender, paid £6.50 an hour. Really flexible shifts, try and do about 16 hours a week, sometimes only get 12ish, sometimes get 18/20+ at Christmas! Oh and tips can be really good, on a Saturday or nights with a lot of Christmas parties, I can make £20 in tips.
Reply 332
I work at Monsoon/Accessorize and I get £6.32 an hour but wondering how much new look pay as have applied for a job there and also applied for BHS and Clarks shoes?
photo.JPG

Here's a recent comparative table of base rates from Debenhams, John Lewis, Tesco, and the like. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Debehnhams pay looks terrible BTW :lolwut:
(edited 10 years ago)
BTW, I work in M&S, get paid 6.4ish as a trainee (to be raised soon by .14p) and would be making 7.10 qualified.
(edited 10 years ago)
Premier shop owned by the University of Exeter in one of the halls of residences
I'm on a 0 hours contract, but I have a set shift that's mine unless I can't do it one weekend (every Saturday and Sunday 16:00-22:00) plus any other shifts during the week that my boss needs filling.
I get paid £7.20 an hour, because I work on my own and get supervisor pay, however if I wasn't on my own I'd still get £6.25 an hour. So from October I'll be making at least £400 a month, a bit less in September because I'm not back until the 15th.
I'm 15. I work at Specsavers on Saturdays - 7.5 hrs a day.

And I get paid 5.50 an hour, which is pretty decent for my age.
Reply 337
£7.60/hour, 37 hour week, Newcastle University Estates Support Service, as a trainee building surveyor.

It's a placement year, foot in the door type thing so i guess the pay is OK for now.
Reply 338
Domino's Pizza. 4 hours a day, 4 days a week. £4.98/hour...
Instore (Pizza maker)
I'm 18.
£6.19 ph at Subway. I'm 21,and work anything from 16-30 hrs per week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending