The Student Room Group

has anyone applied for Harrow School,Dulwich College or Whitgift School?

I have applied for Harrow and I am confusing do I need to apply for Dulwich College or not. From admissions in Dulwich, they told me i will need to take 4 subjects as entrance tests. I want to take history as an AS subject but i don't think i will do very well in the entrance tests because english is not my first language. And is Harrow's entrance tests very difficult? I know schools like abingdon school, sevenoaks school tested a lot of syllabus we didn't cover for maths. I think I will take Maths and Chemistry as entrance tests subject for harrow school.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
any ideas?:smile:
Reply 2
Apply for Dulwich College. The test is not that difficult. I pass that and they have given me an offer. I will start my sixth form there on Sep 2013 :smile:

This was posted from my iPhone: Chat with me on Skype! Search: jj.teh
Reply 3
Original post by JackTeh96
Apply for Dulwich College. The test is not that difficult. I pass that and they have given me an offer. I will start my sixth form there on Sep 2013 :smile:

Thx!!what did you take for the entrance tests?maybe i will try dulwich then^_^
Reply 4
I applied to Harrow, Tonbridge, Abingdon and Dulwich.
Harrow rejected me :frown: but I got offers from Tonbridge and Abingdon, so I will not be taking the Dulwich exam anymore :P lol
Reply 5
i take math physics bio chm and EAL

Reply 6
Original post by speedbird26
I applied to Harrow, Tonbridge, Abingdon and Dulwich.
Harrow rejected me :frown: but I got offers from Tonbridge and Abingdon, so I will not be taking the Dulwich exam anymore :P lol

How did you find the papers for harrow school?
Reply 7
i take math physics bio chm and EAL

oh! okay, i'll probably take math bio chem economics and EAL for dulwich.
Reply 8
Original post by albbzz
How did you find the papers for harrow school?

The math paper is likely to be challenging for a(n) (i)GCSE student. Watch the time, in particular.

I also took the economics paper which was quite knowledge-based, and the chemistry paper was easy (for those who have taken IGCSEs).
Reply 9
The math paper is likely to be challenging for a(n) (i)GCSE student. Watch the time, in particular.

I also took the economics paper which was quite knowledge-based, and the chemistry paper was easy (for those who have taken IGCSEs).

Thank you for your reply!How can you do 3 papers? on harrow's website they says only test two subjects. Is maths paper like GCSE further maths or AS maths or just too many questions?
Reply 10
Dulwich is better :smile: haha

Reply 11
Dulwich is better :smile: haha

haha,i see
Reply 12
up
Reply 13
Original post by albbzz
up

?? :smile:
Original post by albbzz
Thank you for your reply!How can you do 3 papers? on harrow's website they says only test two subjects. Is maths paper like GCSE further maths or AS maths or just too many questions?

I took a standardized exam for entry arranged by Harrow which required us to sit in three papers. Maybe that is not the case for non-HK applications.
The topics can be regarded as IGCSE but just that it requires a bit of thinking, and extremely unappealing solution values since they test usage of methods, I would say.
Reply 15
I took a standardized exam for entry arranged by Harrow which required us to sit in three papers. Maybe that is not the case for non-HK applications.
The topics can be regarded as IGCSE but just that it requires a bit of thinking, and extremely unappealing solution values since they test usage of methods, I would say.

Thank you very much! Do you take economics as a GCSE subject?
Reply 16
?? :smile:

i just want this topic still on the first page.
Reply 17
Original post by albbzz
i just want this topic still on the first page.

Haha, me too. Try to find someone with the same interest

Reply 18
Haha, me too. Try to find someone with the same interest

:biggrin:
Original post by albbzz
Thank you very much! Do you take economics as a GCSE subject?

I did IGCSE Economics a few years ago

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending