The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9020
Original post by I'm hot
Doctor Who after DT is trash. Complete cringeworthy crap...

DT was the best with Catherine Tate... Bring them back!

I suppose you got 1000 warning points for saying exactly this (at least I hope). Shame on you. :tongue:

To be fair, Tennant was a good doctor.

Smith is also an incredible actor, but I think the scripts have been somewhat lagging. They dont really do justice to any of the actors.
Just saw this on facebook CONFIRMED: Doctor Who: The Snowmen airs at 5:15pm on Christmas Day, BBC One.

It's a bit early but I'm sure the on demand services and iplayer will improve the ratings.
Original post by sleekchic
Just saw this on facebook CONFIRMED: Doctor Who: The Snowmen airs at 5:15pm on Christmas Day, BBC One.

It's a bit early but I'm sure the on demand services and iplayer will improve the ratings.

:woo: I hope my cousins don't talk through it or I'll be VERY stroppy!
That's a good time of day for me - after lunch and all the washing up is done, but while parents and older relatives are still too sleepy to protest/make noise :p:
Reply 9024
Yeah its the perfect time for me, just after I've eaten dinner and there won't be any remote control wars between me and my sister as it doesn't clash with Corrie or Downton
It's been a while since I've been in here. How is everyone?
Original post by Integer
Why did Russell stop writing the episodes?

To be fair RTD's episodes were so predictable and so much deus ex machina or bisexual charcters and too much focus on relationships.

At least with Moffats episodes they seem a bit more fun if childish many times.
I love David Tennant and Matt Smith. I just dislike the whole River Song business 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm working my way through all the new Who again (currently on season 4). Yesterday watched Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead while in a library (NEVER a good plan) but for the first time ever actually found myself liking River and nearly cried when she died (would have done if was not in a library!)
I don't know how someone did this, but that is the best tree decoration I've ever seen:

DECORATE! DECORATE!
Original post by Alofleicester
I don't know how someone did this, but that is the best tree decoration I've ever seen:

DECORATE! DECORATE!

That's quite good. Although not too sure I'd want to decorate my tree like that.
Original post by Alofleicester

DECORATE! DECORATE!

I'd be too terrified to retrieve my presents on Christmas day! :tongue:
Original post by PoGo HoPz
I'd be too terrified to retrieve my presents on Christmas day! :tongue:

Only time you wouldn't go for your presents is if there was one that looked like this:

New trailer for the Christmas special

Spoiler

Reply 9035
All the reviews so far have been really positive about The Snowmen, which is good to see, especially on the new companion and the chemistry between her and The Doctor. So I'll definitely be waiting to see the episode in full rather than making any assumptions based on the trailer.
Original post by laprenti

Spoiler

They should have Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm as the Doctor's companion. It'd be ****ing hilarious. :lol:
Original post by laprenti

Spoiler

I'm looking forward to it :smile:
Haven't been on this thread for a while. Have you all been spoiled about the major villain in the Christmas episode?

Coz I have!
Hi guys, I'm a massive sci-fi fan and british TV/film fan (love stuff like Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Misfits, The Matrix, Futurama and lots of other stuff) but the thing I still haven't seen is Dr Who... and it's got such a huge fan base!

With all big TV series I just don't know where to start. With stuff like BSG, I just started from series 1. Dr Who is just so huge that it seems totally unfathomable. Anyone care enough to give some guidance on how to proceed as a total newcomer who wants a firm foundation in Dr Who?

Latest