The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Really, really disappointed by Atletico tonight. Call me captain hindsight but I really think Simeone dun goofed by playing Diego Costa. He should have started with Raul Garcia instead, they clearly needed an extra set of legs in the middle of the park.
Original post by jam277
Good win, atletico didn't really offer much though. No attacking threat although saying that madrid weren't beautiful either. One of those easy 2-0 wins against rugged teams who spend more time breaking up play than actually playing. Might be ugly, but I kinda like these games.

They were saying that filipe is a very good crosser so could bring in early balls to falcao while diaz is more defensive of a left back which didn't help.

They missed him a hell of a lot! Like you said, no attacking threat and this guy runs down that left flank like crazy. It kinda showed just how key he has been this season for them, it was a huge blow for them to lose him just before this match. Atleti were terrible, were it not for Courtois and the goal frame this score line would have looked awful for them. I don’t want to see Courtois return back to Chelsea...

Hopefully Atleti pick themselves up though and continue to remain in a CL spot. They've got a lovely trip to the Camp Nou in a couple of weeks too. :rolleyes:
Congratulations to Barcelona! 13th victory in 14th match - that is just amazing! 40 points of 42, that is a new record. And I'm sure that Messi crack Müller's record. He need just one goal to equal the record...
Original post by ra-ra-ra
They missed him a hell of a lot! Like you said, no attacking threat and this guy runs down that left flank like crazy. It kinda showed just how key he has been this season for them, it was a huge blow for them to lose him just before this match. Atleti were terrible, were it not for Courtois and the goal frame this score line would have looked awful for them. I don’t want to see Courtois return back to Chelsea...

Hopefully Atleti pick themselves up though and continue to remain in a CL spot. They've got a lovely trip to the Camp Nou in a couple of weeks too. :rolleyes:

I'd hate to face barcelona at the nou camp this season if I was a player, I'd absolutely dread it. Hopefully they take points though so madrid can catch up :colonhash: but the way barca have been playing I don't see it happening. Although barca have been brilliant, I think they have a fear factor this season and that's what is winning them games and they lost that at points last season.

Courtois was such a boss today. It's great knowing we have a keeper that can last us for the next 15 years with ease(not that we needed to replace cech in the first place)and he could easily go on to be the best keeper in the world, just behind der stegen in the young keepers list for me.

Atletico should get back to playing their best. I think that since they have such a solid defence it'll be hard for barca to break down and their counter attacking style could help but I don't see anything better than a draw for them.
Original post by ra-ra-ra

I can't really see Atleti falling out of the CL spots, though it's highly unlikely that they'll hold on to their current 2nd spot, of course.
Come on man barcelona need to lose sometime. They look like they're on for a bloody record points total.
Original post by jam277
I'd hate to face barcelona at the nou camp this season if I was a player, I'd absolutely dread it. Hopefully they take points though so madrid can catch up :colonhash: but the way barca have been playing I don't see it happening. Although barca have been brilliant, I think they have a fear factor this season and that's what is winning them games and they lost that at points last season.

Courtois was such a boss today. It's great knowing we have a keeper that can last us for the next 15 years with ease(not that we needed to replace cech in the first place)and he could easily go on to be the best keeper in the world, just behind der stegen in the young keepers list for me.

Atletico should get back to playing their best. I think that since they have such a solid defence it'll be hard for barca to break down and their counter attacking style could help but I don't see anything better than a draw for them.

Great for Chelsea fans, yeah... not sure for the rest of the EPL! :tongue: They've worked him perfectly though with sending him out on loan to a decent team, Atleti building up his first team matches. Usually after one year they go elsewhere or back to the home club but for him to stay somewhere where he was already settled, then getting the experience from the Europa games and for a 20 year old to play in the final isn't bad at all. The problem now will be for him to return to Chelsea and go into hiding for a couple of seasons with hardly being played in games. It's not great for Atleti either, they need to go hunt for a new keeper for next season as personally i don't think Asenjo is the man.

Yeah, hopefully Filipe won't be out for long. Simeone said after the game that Filipe wanted to play but Simeone didn't want him to as he didn't want the injury to get worse, so maybe he's not too bad.. but important player for them and they really need him back for that match. I don't really expect them to get anything though..
Hopefully Barcelona play a younger squad today no reason to risk anything since we can't finish anywhere else but first in the group.
Reply 868
10 barca B players + Messi :p:
Original post by jit987

Not even Messi on the pitch :tongue:
Original post by jit987
Puyol & Villa are pretty good B players :top:
Reply 871
Messi :frown:
Original post by jit987
Messi :frown:

What happened?
Reply 873
Original post by johnharris19944
What happened?

Stretchered off injured.
Original post by jit987
Stretchered off injured.

How bad does it look? christ this is bad.
Reply 875
barcelona putting in a 10% effort :facepalm2:
Why risk Messi in a pointless game?
Im confused what did he do haha?
Original post by johnharris19944
Im confused what did he do haha?

If you mean Messi, he tried to chip the GK and collapsed holding his knee.
Original post by CB91
If you mean Messi, he tried to chip the GK and collapsed holding his knee.

ACL tear perhaps?

Latest