The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4620
Well that's probably a first round bye down the pan. AFC North is still definitely ours though!
Let's go Ravens!!
Reply 4621
Two big games on at six o'clock and nine o'clock last night.
Original post by Zuzuzu
Two big games on at six o'clock and nine o'clock last night.

There were actually loads of games at those times.
Falcons are doing so well this season, I feel it's almost inevitable that we will mess up in the playoffs as always :smile:
Original post by hearyourheart
Falcons are doing so well this season, I feel it's almost inevitable that we will mess up in the playoffs as always :smile:

Well anything is possible on any given day. NFC is a tough division to get out of and until i guess you win a playoff game there will be doubts.
Reply 4625
Original post by The Troll Toll
There were actually loads of games at those times.

The manager threw in the red flag and it went upstairs.
Original post by Zuzuzu
The manager threw in the red flag and it went upstairs.

you make no sense.
Reply 4627
Original post by Authority_Song
you make no sense.

Three challenges that the manager's GOT.
Original post by Zuzuzu
Three challenges that the manager's GOT.

yes? and?
Reply 4629
Original post by johnharris19944
Well the Patriots have won the AFC EAST WOOOOO. Man if we had Gronkowski i would be so confident that we have a good chance right now teams can shut the middle of the field down if they can. We need Gronk back so its basically impossible to do so.

Here is the strength of schedule for 6 of the best teams in the league:

Falcons: 53-88
Texans: 65-78
Ravens: 66-76
49ers: 70-72-2
Broncos: 71-73
Patriots: 71-72-1

Argument of us having an easy schedule is complete bull. It was easy if it was last seasons teams but teams improve and get worse.

I personally can't see anyone other than the broncos representing the AFC in the superbowl. They've found a running game now which will basically give Manning all the time in the world to do his thing and their D is one of the most complete in the league. As for the NFC I'll rule teams out rather than in. Falcons will not make the superbowl, their record doesn't represent the team they have there, I put them at about 11-5 on a balanced schedule, but they only team they've beaten was Denver back in week 2. The NFC west wont make the superbowl either, too many ifs and buts there. My pick right now is Green Bay, just think they will fire in January when it matters.
Reply 4630
Well the Patriots have won the AFC EAST WOOOOO. Man if we had Gronkowski i would be so confident that we have a good chance right now teams can shut the middle of the field down if they can. We need Gronk back so its basically impossible to do so.

Here is the strength of schedule for 6 of the best teams in the league:

Falcons: 53-88
Texans: 65-78
Ravens: 66-76
49ers: 70-72-2
Broncos: 71-73
Patriots: 71-72-1

Argument of us having an easy schedule is complete bull. It was easy if it was last seasons teams but teams improve and get worse.

The problem is that they're 2-2 in games against teams with a winning record (Broncos, Colts, Seahawks & Ravens), with both wins coming at home and both losses on the road (albeit to 2 of the best home teams in the league), whereas for example, although the Texans schedule looks like significantly easier, they're also 3-1 against teams with a winning record (and not just 7-5 records like the Seahawks, but the wins came against first round bye contenders in Denver, Baltimore and Chicago).

Although in fairness I've been impressed with the Patriots this year, I just don't like the strength of schedule argument, simply because a team like say San Francisco, who face Arizona twice this year will have an 8-24 record in their strength of schedule come the end of the season (assuming they lose out as they're on an 8 game losing streak), and Arizona have a 20-10-2 (assuming the 49ers lose their two away games at Seattle and NE as both are tough venues).
Aside from that they have nearly identical schedules, with the Cardinals playing the top-of-the-division Falcons and the not-so-top Eagles (currently 14-10 combined) and the 49ers playing the Giants and the Saints (12-12 combined), but it looks as if the Cardinals will have had a much tougher schedule, despite it pretty much coming down to the games between the two teams which separate them.
It's all about momentum at this stage
go pats
Edelman down for the rest of the season broken foot. :cry: The offensive players for us are dropping like flies if Welker goes down well then we are really stuffed. Donte Stallworth really? :facepalm: Is there anyone else we can sign...

And when is Gronk back?
Tickets for the two 2013 Wembley games ordered. Can't wait. :biggrin:
Pains me to say at this stage, a packers fan, I don't know what happened this season :-( but on the brighter side RG3 Is incredible!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edelman down for the rest of the season broken foot. :cry: The offensive players for us are dropping like flies if Welker goes down well then we are really stuffed. Donte Stallworth really? :facepalm: Is there anyone else we can sign...

And when is Gronk back?

Wonderful. Didn't realise Edelman was out for the year, was that during the Dolphins game? I missed that one.
I don't think Gronk will be back this calendar year. According to the Pats injury report on their website both Welker and Hernandez are also questionable with ankle injuries.
Real bad luck with injuries but I guess one positive you can take is that at no point this season have we had our full strength offensive, yet we've got a 9-3 record and have won the division with some crushing results.

Can't wait for the Texans game, this'll be a real indicator before the knock-out stages of the season.
Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Wonderful. Didn't realise Edelman was out for the year, was that during the Dolphins game? I missed that one.
I don't think Gronk will be back this calendar year. According to the Pats injury report on their website both Welker and Hernandez are also questionable with ankle injuries.
Real bad luck with injuries but I guess one positive you can take is that at no point this season have we had our full strength offensive, yet we've got a 9-3 record and have won the division with some crushing results.

Can't wait for the Texans game, this'll be a real indicator before the knock-out stages of the season.

By the diagnosis of Gronks arm he could potentially be back before the 49ers but i doubt we risk him for that. Yeah Edelmans injury was the dolphins game, guy can't catch a break goes on a good run of games then hurts himself. Can't be good for his contract its his final year.

Welkers ankle has been on the report all season haha, for the dolphins game every player was listed on the injury report, BB likes to make things over dramatic when it comes to that :laugh:
Saints fan here :smile:
BB has the injury report system all figured out, as John Harbaugh said a while back. Edelman is turning in to a good player and I can see him turning in to a Wes Welker story, minus the trades hopefully (being a Pats fan). I don't really understand what happened to Gronk, he didn't seem to be in paid when it happened, and is only out for 4 weeks, maybe 5 to be on the safe side. What does anyone think of the Brandon Bolden situation?

Latest