The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mikeylimb
BB has the injury report system all figured out, as John Harbaugh said a while back. Edelman is turning in to a good player and I can see him turning in to a Wes Welker story, minus the trades hopefully (being a Pats fan). I don't really understand what happened to Gronk, he didn't seem to be in paid when it happened, and is only out for 4 weeks, maybe 5 to be on the safe side. What does anyone think of the Brandon Bolden situation?

Whatcha mean about Gronk? He was blocking so Pats could score the extra point.

I like Edelman but we need Welker we need to resign him.
Original post by wizard710
Saints fan here :smile:

Go on then: Are you bothered about one bad season if it means a higher draft pick?
This thread is becoming a pats fan club.
Original post by Tokyoround
This thread is becoming a pats fan club.

Hey nothing wrong with that :wink: The more people here posting the better.
Reply 4644
Yeah, seems to be a lot of Patriots fans here, I'm new to the NFL but the Cowboys are my team!
Original post by Zubby77
Yeah, seems to be a lot of Patriots fans here, I'm new to the NFL but the Cowboys are my team!

Ugh, as if Patriots fans were bad enough...
Reply 4646
Original post by Hedgeman49
Ugh, as if Patriots fans were bad enough...

Lol, what's wrong with the Cowboys?
Original post by Zubby77

Along with the Patriots, they are the most hated team in the NFL. They have a megalomaniac owner, the worst QB this side of Dan Orlovsky, and still strut around like they're the best team in the world even though they haven't been for a good 15 years now.
Reply 4648
Along with the Patriots, they are the most hated team in the NFL. They have a megalomaniac owner, the worst QB this side of Dan Orlovsky, and still strut around like they're the best team in the world even though they haven't been for a good 15 years now.

I see, from what I've read about Jerry Jones, he does seem like a Roman Abramovich-esque d***. And I guess Romo is inconsistent but his 3rd/4th quarter comebacks are what endeared me to the Cowboys in the first place:tongue:

The first proper game I watched was the Cowboys at the Giants, and that underdog thing they had going on and with that almost-comeback, with Dez Bryant at the death, that just solidified them as my team.

It's kind of unfortunate though, I support Arsenal who are pretty much the epitome of the ups and downs team, and I seem to have chosen a similar team in the NFL -_- I sure know how to pick them.

Who do you support?
Original post by Zubby77

Bunch of Romosexuals. Enough said.

I'd say the Raiders are pretty hated as well. The Patriots are at least good enough to justify being hated.
And while everyone beats up on Tony all the time, he's probably in the top half of QBs in the league (just).
Original post by Authority_Song
Go on then: Are you bothered about one bad season if it means a higher draft pick?

It's been a pretty poor season overall and yeah a higher draft pick will be nice but tbh I don't think there is anyone we need, unless Sean Payton goes and Drew Brees possibly follows him. We just need the defense to turn up to some games though
Don't mind being hated its quite funny. As long as the Patriots keep rolling il be okay :tongue:
Original post by Zubby77
I see, from what I've read about Jerry Jones, he does seem like a Roman Abramovich-esque d***. And I guess Romo is inconsistent but his 3rd/4th quarter comebacks are what endeared me to the Cowboys in the first place:tongue:

The first proper game I watched was the Cowboys at the Giants, and that underdog thing they had going on and with that almost-comeback, with Dez Bryant at the death, that just solidified them as my team.

It's kind of unfortunate though, I support Arsenal who are pretty much the epitome of the ups and downs team, and I seem to have chosen a similar team in the NFL -_- I sure know how to pick them.

Who do you support?

I'm a Ravens fan. Even I'm willing to admit that we're probably the worst 9-3 team in NFL history, but I guess in some ways you make your own luck :tongue:
I'm a Ravens fan. Even I'm willing to admit that we're probably the worst 9-3 team in NFL history, but I guess in some ways you make your own luck :tongue:

Your not that bad? You've had some pretty devastating injuries this season so i wouldn't go that far and say your that awful haha

Hey, you beat the Patriots. We're no slouches :wink:
Original post by Authority_Song
Hey, you beat the Patriots. We're no slouches :wink:

Albeit they had the referees on their side for that one. The replacements were shocking that game...
Hey,

Could someone help me with Football betting here?

For the Jet's game, they are 1/1 with a handicap of -3. Does that mean they need to score more than 3 points than the Jaguars for me to win the bet?
Original post by DorianGrayism
Hey,

For the Jet's game, they are 1/1 with a handicap of -3. Does that mean they need to score more than 3 points than the Jaguars for me to win the bet?

Yes. The score essentially starts as Jets -3 - 0 Jags. So if Jets win by 4 then you'll win the bet.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Hey,

Yep. That's called "spread betting".

If a team is minus a number of points then they need to win by more than that number to cover the spread.

If you think they will win by more than that then you choose them to cover the spread. If you think they will win by less or not win at all, then pick the other team at plus whatever the number of points are.

Latest