The Student Room Group

What is the point of life? (atheists only please)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
\The fact is before religion existed there was no morality, human acted like animals. Morality is derived from religion, and despite religion haters like you, that fact cannot be changed.

If you don;t like religion stop stealing its components. such as morality, right and wrong, ethics, justice, law, order etc, all derived from religion. So go away and do not disturb me you moronic good for nothing imbecile.
Reply 321
Original post by cleo488
\The fact is before religion existed there was no morality, human acted like animals.

Is this a new definition of "fact" that I have not heard before?
Reply 322
Original post by lazzarus
If you believe there is no god, then presumably you believe there is no heaven... what then is the point of life? If there is no moral reason to do or not do anything, and most desires are instincts to perpetuate this seemingly pointless phenomenon, why then do we bother?

Your point in life is to adhere to a collection of mythical, bronze-age fairy tales that postulate the existence of a tyrannical supreme being which you believe without questioning, in order to get into 'heaven'?

Has it ever occurred to you that you have chosen to be a slave to a system by your own will? That doesn't sound very 'heavenly' to me.
Reply 323
Religious people teach morality and right/wrong by saying you should do this that or the other because religion X says so and God says so.

An atheist teaches morality right/wrong, by saying,

'we should do this that the other because ..erm...I say so....because we just do....because oh crap I stole the component of morality from religion, hence contradicting atheism theory. Oh what a failure I am son.'

Atheism has no referal point of morality nor right/wrong, both are derived from religion, therefore for atheists to lecture people on either is ironic at best. Go seek forgiveness from Jesus and God before you are bound to the hellfire that awaits you.
Reply 324
Original post by cleo488
Religious people teach morality and right/wrong by saying you should do this that or the other because religion X says so and God says so.

An atheist teaches morality right/wrong, by saying,

'we should do this that the other because ..erm...I say so....because we just do....because oh crap I stole the component of morality from religion, hence contradicting atheism theory. Oh what a failure I am son.'

Atheism has no referal point of morality nor right/wrong, both are derived from religion, therefore for atheists to lecture people on either is ironic at best. Go seek forgiveness from Jesus and God before you are bound to the hellfire that awaits you.

Please explain to me how someone would go about telepathically communicating with a mythological Jewish zombie who was his own father, let alone knowing what they should be 'forgiven' for.
Reply 325
Original post by Inverse
Please explain to me how someone would go about telepathically communicating with a mythological Jewish zombie who was his own father, let alone knowing what they should be 'forgiven' for.

Beg like you have never begged before.
Reply 326
Original post by cleo488
Beg like you have never begged before.

I feel no need to do such a thing. Maybe you should beg a psychologist or psychiatrist to assist you in dealing with your imaginary friend. :confused:
Reply 327
Why does there have to be a point? We have the choice to either enjoy it or quit. My suggestion would be the former. :smile:
Reply 328
Somewhere down the line your ancestors had religion including the concept of morality that religion creates.

Then somewhere down the line one of your ancestors deserted religion but stole the concept of morality, you have been taught morality but not where it come from, then reply.

Morality comes from religion, if you are an atheists then do not try to steal the concept of morality it is hypocritical for a atheists to desert religion and cling onto to one one foundations like there is no tomorrow.

But God is always right, he is the eternal and ever lasting, what he says goes, you cannot question it or you go to hell.

I don;t care if you have compassion or morailty, the point is you stole it from religion, the very religion you reject, ironic much?

Morality was created by religion because this was God's command, you atheist steal the concept of morality from religion, the very religion you strive to reject at all costs.

Honesty is also a derivation of religion btw, so thats another concept stolen by atheists.

youre basing your argument on flawed reasoning, so there is no irony.

please, get your head out of the bible and go outside into the real world...

Please get your head out of your backside and accept God and beg for his mercy or you will burn in hell. forevermore.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 329
Original post by Inverse
I feel no need to do such a thing. Maybe you should beg a psychologist or psychiatrist to assist you in dealing with your imaginary friend. :confused:

I never asked 'how I should do...' so you can leave your advice for yourself.

When you are buried six feet under and dead and the gates of hell open for you then you will 'the need' but then it will be too late and you forever burn in hell.
Reply 330
there isn't one, but it is more interesting to do things than not to do things. sure it may be ultimately pointless, but I may as well enjoy myself in the here and now.
Reply 331
You will burn in hell, mend your ways you God rejector
Reply 332
Original post by cleo488
You will burn in hell, mend your ways you God rejector

yep, really selling religion there :rolleyes:
Reply 333
Original post by lucaf
yep, really selling religion there :rolleyes:

Yeh because atheism has really sold itself hasn't it??? hmmm?
Original post by lazzarus
If you believe there is no god, then presumably you believe there is no heaven... what then is the point of life? If there is no moral reason to do or not do anything, and most desires are instincts to perpetuate this seemingly pointless phenomenon, why then do we bother?

Have you considered there is no point?
Reply 335
God will never send his believers to hell, but those who strive to mock his believers and reject his existence will be forever condemned to hell.

You will realise once you are six feet under, but it will be too late.
Reply 336
God is not a 'being' he will never 'be', he 'is'

I hope one day you beg for God's forgivness and see the errors of your ways and gain heaven, but for now you are doomed to hell and you deserve to burn in the hell fire.
Reply 337
Original post by cleo488
Yeh because atheism has really sold itself hasn't it??? hmmm?

I wouldn't say that atheism has sold itself to me, the concept of my existence ending in a few decades absolutely terrifies me. still, nothing has given me reason to believe in god nor am I so afraid as to fool myself into it
Reply 338
You will become a nacho yourself. Red hot chilli flavoured withe extra heat.
Reply 339
Original post by lucaf
I wouldn't say that atheism has sold itself to me, the concept of my existence ending in a few decades absolutely terrifies me. still, nothing has given me reason to believe in god nor am I so afraid as to fool myself into it

When you burn in hell then you will find out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending