The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by johnharris19944
Albeit they had the referees on their side for that one. The replacements were shocking that game...

Pff, maybe so, but the fact they were hanging around for so long shows they aren't useless. The refs didn't mean the difference between 38 - 14. They might have tipped the scales by a point maybe, but not the entire momentum or feel of a game.
Original post by Authority_Song
Pff, maybe so, but the fact they were hanging around for so long shows they aren't useless. The refs didn't mean the difference between 38 - 14. They might have tipped the scales by a point maybe, but not the entire momentum or feel of a game.

Oh yeah i know their not useless im just debating whether they should have beaten the Pats :tongue:
Oh yeah i know their not useless im just debating whether they should have beaten the Pats :tongue:

I've had this debate with people before, It's interesting to say the least.

My view is that fans, Patriots fan in particular for some reason, make too many excuses for their team.

At the end of the day, if you're relying on a team to not get in field goal range in the dying seconds, and you're leaving it up to your revolving door of a defense to get it done, then something is wrong.

Yeah OK at the end of the day, games do go down to the wire sometimes, but it shouldn't have been that close. If you leave it that late then unless its a full blown Green Bay - Seattle Interception catch kind of balls up, then you only have yourselves to blame when it goes wrong in the final seconds.

2:12 to go in the Ravens game, Tom Brady throws a pick to Ladarius Webb and it gets called back for a bullcrap holding call. That should have been Baltimore at the 50 (ish) with 2 minutes to kill and only needing that field goal.

Bad calls went to every team, and we both played with the same refs. It's not really an excuse.
Original post by Authority_Song
I've had this debate with people before, It's interesting to say the least.

My view is that fans, Patriots fan in particular for some reason, make too many excuses for their team.

At the end of the day, if you're relying on a team to not get in field goal range in the dying seconds, and you're leaving it up to your revolving door of a defense to get it done, then something is wrong.

Yeah OK at the end of the day, games do go down to the wire sometimes, but it shouldn't have been that close. If you leave it that late then unless its a full blown Green Bay - Seattle Interception catch kind of balls up, then you only have yourselves to blame when it goes wrong in the final seconds.

2:12 to go in the Ravens game, Tom Brady throws a pick to Ladarius Webb and it gets called back for a bullcrap holding call. That should have been Baltimore at the 50 (ish) with 2 minutes to kill and only needing that field goal.

Bad calls went to every team, and we both played with the same refs. It's not really an excuse.

Im making an excuse for us in this game because i do felt we were screwed out. Seattle game and Arizona i can accept we played like horse **** but the Ravens game too many big decisions went against us. Penalties called against us were phantom like not too mention Ravens Oline basically held us the whole game. Oher literally held Jones on every play, not to mention the call on Mayo holding Rice which would have been a fourth down.
Reply 4664
God i love kevin cadle :legend:
Reply 4665
Anyone watching the two big games tonight? On Sky, on Sky I tell you, Sunday night six o'clock and nine o'clock. Two of the big games.
Does anyone else know how the Colts are doing so well? Came back from 14 points down to squeeze past the Titans to get to 9-4. But they've a point differential on the season of -37, and have only won one game (against the Jags) by more than one score. Yet they keep getting it done...fair play to the coaches.
However, at this stage I'd much rather be the no. 4 seed and have them in the wildcard round, than be no.3 and have to play Pittsburgh/Cincy. Also, it's not inconceivable that the Jets will be the no. 6 seed...
Haven't watched any of their games I don't think but if I had to guess I'd say it's because Andrew Luck is really good.
Reply 4668
Cam Newton with a monster performance today, and against the Falcons, serious fantasy points
Being a fins fan is painful.
Seahawks defense putting up massive numbers! 40 points in my fantasy team.
Original post by The Egg Militia
Being a fins fan is painful.

Sometimes I sit back and pat little ignorant old me on the back when I chose the Patriots. Little did I know I was saving myself from a lot of mediocrity.

That said, heartbreaking superbowl losses and seasons destroyed by injury aren't exactly great either.
Original post by Scott129
Seahawks defense putting up massive numbers! 40 points in my fantasy team.

Same here. Them and Cam Newton have got me 78 points on their own.
Well Saints just got dicked on again. Come to expect it really now but I hope they pick up again next year/I hope Sean Payton is back :smile:
Reply 4674
i can't believe my eagles finally won. the pain was unbearable, but now we are primed to finish the season strong and completely **** our draft position.
Who's staying up for the Patrtiots Texans game today?
Reply 4676
Who's staying up for the Patrtiots Texans game today?

Thinking about it, two strong sides, hoping for a good game. I really need Arian Foster to put up a big game and save my fantasy football week.
Original post by Zubby77
Thinking about it, two strong sides, hoping for a good game. I really need Arian Foster to put up a big game and save my fantasy football week.

I have to its too big a game not too. If we win it 2nd seed looks pretty likely.
Well my first game in Madden 13 fantasty joint league went awfully got hammered as the Jaguars. Gabbert is an awful QB.
Reply 4679
My TV signal has decided to go on a bender and hack out to such a degree that the BBC Red Button channel is either a black screen or an arrangement of blurry looking rectangles :frown:

Latest