The Student Room Group

International Relations Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Offer from Lincoln yesterday for International Relations! wooo, got my insurance already:smile:
Reply 121
Anyone has an oxford brookes offer?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Rennie Akoni
Ayee! Well done on your other offer. I've got offers from Sheffield, Loughborough & York. I got my sheffield offer over 2 weeks after sending my application, so yours will be soon :biggrin:.

I think Loughborough will be my Insurance and I'll firm either Bristol (if they give me an offer) or York, depending on the visit day

Thank you! :biggrin:

I'm considering Loughborough as my insurance as well. Either them or Southampton (depending on the visit days).
I really hope you're right about Sheffield, I'm starting to get impatient..

Good luck with Bristol! :smile:
Original post by JJJJJJJ
AHHH thats good to hear about your friend, because Im predicted ABC too! You think QM will be flexible and give me an offer? These two are my top choices!

I honestly couldn't tell you :s-smilie:

I think if you're confident that your personal statement is top notch and you've shown that you're capable of getting the grades needed for the course, then there's no reason why you shouldn't get an offer.

Just be patient and ensure you do everything you need to in order to get the grades! :smile:
Original post by MohammedAlam94
Thank you! :biggrin:

I'm considering Loughborough as my insurance as well. Either them or Southampton (depending on the visit days).
I really hope you're right about Sheffield, I'm starting to get impatient..

Good luck with Bristol! :smile:

Your welcome!

Don't worry yourself about Sheffield, you'll get it :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 125
I really really REALLY hope so!!

I'm a bit anxious because with all my other choices I received acknowledgment emails within days. It's been little over two weeks now and Sheffield haven't even confirmed that they've seen my application. :s-smilie:

Congrats on receiving an offer!! :smile:
They're asking for AAB right?

Where else have you applied?

yeah i had nothing from sheffield until my offer, i think thats just how they do it :smile: i got my last offer today so sheffield, leeds, manchester, birmingham and bristol :biggrin:!
Yeah AAB! good luck!
Received an offer from Loughborough last night !!
:smile:
Received an offer for German and International Relations from Aston :biggrin:
Original post by Rennie Akoni
Your welcome!

Don't worry yourself about Sheffield, you'll get it :smile:

Thank you :smile:

I GOT AN OFFER FROM SHEFFIELD!! :biggrin:

5/5 offers. I'm so happy :')
Original post by faywood
yeah i had nothing from sheffield until my offer, i think thats just how they do it :smile: i got my last offer today so sheffield, leeds, manchester, birmingham and bristol :biggrin:!
Yeah AAB! good luck!

I got an offer from Sheffield today!! :biggrin:

That was my last offer too. So that makes it offers from Sheffield, Manchester, Southampton, Queen Mary and Loughborough. I think I might publish my personal statement.. you know, for future generations. XD
I GOT AN OFFER FROM SHEFFIELD!! :biggrin:

5/5 offers. I'm so happy :')

Yaaaayyy!! So happy for you!! Haha I'm actually jealous of you because you have 5 offers now!!

Now you have to decide your firm and Insurance :P
Reply 131
Anyone who has not yet applied... Definetly apply to university with higher grades if you can! I applied to UEA which is ABB, I'm predicted BBC and was told by my teachers to pretty much expect a rejection.

However yesterday I got an offer for ABB!! Sooooo shocked! But guess it shows that either stats are down on applications or they do consider you on an individual basis.

Goodluck to everyone applying, I'm still waiting for offers from my other three :smile:
Reply 132
Original post by livy12
Anyone who has not yet applied... Definetly apply to university with higher grades if you can! I applied to UEA which is ABB, I'm predicted BBC and was told by my teachers to pretty much expect a rejection.

However yesterday I got an offer for ABB!! Sooooo shocked! But guess it shows that either stats are down on applications or they do consider you on an individual basis.

Goodluck to everyone applying, I'm still waiting for offers from my other three :smile:

Still means you need to get ABB (or near to that) though.. :tongue:
Reply 133
I've applied to Warwick, Birmingham, Nottingham, Southampton and Loughborough.

Anyone heard from Warwick yet!?
Politics & International Relations offer from Bristol

Reply 135
International relations guys, what do you plan to do with your degree (not trolling, geuine question)? i am thinking of going into it but i duont know wht ccareers cn lead off from it apart form the obvious so i'm wondering wha ideas you guys have?

pls quote in reply
Reply 136
Original post by Aysegul
I've applied to Warwick, Birmingham, Nottingham, Southampton and Loughborough.

Anyone heard from Warwick yet!?

One person on here claimed they'd heard from Warwick. I'm not sure I believe them though. I met a guy at Warwick who studied Politics and International Studies and he said that they typically don't make any decisions until January.
finallly got an offer from Exeter!
JUST received my offer from Oxford Brookes for Politics and IR.
Reply 139
Original post by smjwell
One person on here claimed they'd heard from Warwick. I'm not sure I believe them though. I met a guy at Warwick who studied Politics and International Studies and he said that they typically don't make any decisions until January.

That's good. Was starting to worry cos I have all 4 but Warwick. Thanks & good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending