The Student Room Group

Terra Firma First Round

Hey I have an interview for Terra Firma Capital Partners First Round Interview with Cornell Partnership next Tuesday 14th of December. I'm quite worried about the technical questions and wondering how knowledgeable one must be for the technical questions. I know basic LBO but nothing more and I have a quite good grasp on financial analysis (i.e.: WACC, DCF, CAPM, and etc).

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KING IS HERE
Hey I have an interview for Terra Firma Capital Partners First Round Interview with Cornell Partnership next Tuesday 14th of December. I'm quite worried about the technical questions and wondering how knowledgeable one must be for the technical questions. I know basic LBO but nothing more and I have a quite good grasp on financial analysis (i.e.: WACC, DCF, CAPM, and etc).

Hey man, congratulations on that! I got an invitation for two talent simulation exercises by SHL. Any idea what these consist in?

In any case, I imagine there are at most 3 spots at Terra Firma, so yeah, one had better show a lot of interest in private equity! So I guess your knowledge of PE should surpass what one would expect by looking at your CV.

e.g. if you have no experience in investment, corporate finance or PE, then general knowledge and knowledge on a few specific cases should do.
e.g. if you do have some experience, then you had better be on top of your game!
Original post by KING IS HERE

Hi can I know the selection process of Terra Firma as there is no description on their website. So after the submission of the application form, what will be the next stage?

By the way, may I know if your university is on their list in the application form?
Reply 3
Original post by Holden Caulfield
Hey man, congratulations on that! I got an invitation for two talent simulation exercises by SHL. Any idea what these consist in?

In any case, I imagine there are at most 3 spots at Terra Firma, so yeah, one had better show a lot of interest in private equity! So I guess your knowledge of PE should surpass what one would expect by looking at your CV.

e.g. if you have no experience in investment, corporate finance or PE, then general knowledge and knowledge on a few specific cases should do.
e.g. if you do have some experience, then you had better be on top of your game!

This thread is 2 years old dude....attention to detail.
Reply 4
Original post by Holden Caulfield

also got the invite for online tests. but they seem v simple! Do you have any more info on later stages ? Many thanks
Original post by Freddoardo
also got the invite for online tests. but they seem v simple! Do you have any more info on later stages ? Many thanks

Hi, may I know when you applied?
Reply 6
Original post by Londonburger
Hi, may I know when you applied?

I applied in early november. Just got invited to numerical at their office. have you heard from them yet?
Original post by Freddoardo
I applied in early november. Just got invited to numerical at their office. have you heard from them yet?

Not yet...So how was it?
Reply 8
any news on this?
Reply 9
I've got invitation to undertake the tests. Does anyone know whether they have already held any first-round interviews/assessment centre?
Original post by vedator
I've got invitation to undertake the tests. Does anyone know whether they have already held any first-round interviews/assessment centre?

May I know what background you have...?

I have not heard from them for a while...
Reply 11
I haven't heard from anyone regarding interviews thus far...
Original post by Matrick
I haven't heard from anyone regarding interviews thus far...

I guess they only have slim vacancies for students from top uni..
Reply 13
Hey guys,

I think they have been quite active! I have my first round interview next week - booked it after passing the in-office SHL tests at the begining of last week. Anyone else going in for an interview?

So far the process was: Apply - SHL Online Situational Judgement Test - Invite to London Office to sit numerical - first round interview.

The AC is at the end of January.

It is probably the best program out there (next to Blackstone) so I hope get as far as possible!
Original post by TraderGirl
Hey guys,

I think they have been quite active! I have my first round interview next week - booked it after passing the in-office SHL tests at the begining of last week. Anyone else going in for an interview?

So far the process was: Apply - SHL Online Situational Judgement Test - Invite to London Office to sit numerical - first round interview.

It is probably the best program out there (next to Blackstone) so I hope get as far as possible!

Hi, do you mind telling me your background...? (like education and internships..)
Reply 15
I am a top 5 uni student (think oxbridge/lse/imperial) in a quantitative subject with S&T experience . But for Terra Firma I think they are not looking for just IB people, I think corporate/entrepreneurial/consulting experience is also very important- so I wouldn't worry too much! best of luck!
Reply 16
They care most about excellence. It probably matters less what that excellence was in, as long as you are exceptional.
Reply 17
are many people on here going for it then? I haven't really spoken to many people about it. I only know about it because of those lovely folk at Dartmouth Partners.
Original post by TraderGirl
Hey guys,

Is your first interview going to be with Terra Firma staff or D. Partners ?
I'm asking because so far I had one quick phone interview with D. Partners and another one-on-one at their offices.
Reply 19
Original post by keepitveryreal
Is your first interview going to be with Terra Firma staff or D. Partners ?
I'm asking because so far I had one quick phone interview with D. Partners and another one-on-one at their offices.

Did they say when they'd get back to you on whether you'd got through to the AC?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending