The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zuzuzu
Anyone watching two of the big games on Sunday night?

Certainly try to watch both, looks like I'll be recording the Pats game to watch Monday morning.

Original post by johnharris19944
Will be watching 49ers Patriots definitely not sure about earlier might be watching NBA instead.

Gronk back in practice!
Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
I do believe I've just wasted a sizable amount of money. Stuck £20 on the Patriots to win the Superbowl which isn't a bad shout by any means, watching us rip apart an 11-1 team with a severely depleted offense and a misfiring Brady convinced me that this is our year...but I'm sure I've just jinxed us.

Fiver each on Seahawks or Dallas to make New Orleans on 5th February. Not sure about the Seahawks despite them annihilating Arizona last weekend, but I just have a feeling about the Cowboys, results have started to go for them and I reckon they're building up a head of steam. Just a shame they're up against the likes of San Fran, Giants and Green Bay who both have postseason experience.

I put a 5er on the Hawks to make the superbowl at the start of the season, 4 on the cowboys and 4 on the Giants. As well as 25 on the Patriots to win it all.

Certainly try to watch both, looks like I'll be recording the Pats game to watch Monday morning.

Gronk back in practice!

No point risking him though, this bye week isn't as important as people make out. Last few winners of the superbowl haven't had byes have they?
I put a 5er on the Hawks to make the superbowl at the start of the season, 4 on the cowboys and 4 on the Giants. As well as 25 on the Patriots to win it all.

After beating the Texans, a 11-1 team so soundly without half our offensive 'stars' and with Brady having one of the poorest performances I've seen from him in a fair while, I'm convinced we will at least make the Superbowl.
What odds did you get on the Pats pre-season? I got them at 7-2 which isn't too bad.

No point risking him though, this bye week isn't as important as people make out. Last few winners of the superbowl haven't had byes have they?

What do you mean bye week? We're playing the 9ers. Still got homefield advantage to play for.
After beating the Texans, a 11-1 team so soundly without half our offensive 'stars' and with Brady having one of the poorest performances I've seen from him in a fair while, I'm convinced we will at least make the Superbowl.
What odds did you get on the Pats pre-season? I got them at 7-2 which isn't too bad.

What do you mean bye week? We're playing the 9ers. Still got homefield advantage to play for.

6-1 at the start of the season with Corals, my Cowboys one is 33-1 can't remember the Seahawks or Giants one of the top of my head.

The bye week i mean for getting first or second in the conference. The last few superbowl winners haven't had the Luxury of a bye.

I'm sorry what? We were missing Gronk. That's it in terms of 'stars'. Edelman isn't a star. He's reliable and has played a few good games but he is by no means a game changer.

And Brady?

He threw 3 TDs by half time, finishing with a solid 4. Near enough 300 yards and again, no interceptions. Passer rating of 125.4 and 60% pass completion.

If the game wasn't over by half time he would have had ridiculous numbers. We would have been looking at 5 or 6 TDs and 400 odd yards.

Don't want to sound strung up but I don't think your analysis of Brady was fair. On MNF that was an MVP calibre performance.
Original post by Authority_Song
I'm sorry what? We were missing Gronk. That's it in terms of 'stars'. Edelman isn't a star. He's reliable and has played a few good games but he is by no means a game changer.

And Brady?

He threw 3 TDs by half time, finishing with a solid 4. Near enough 300 yards and again, no interceptions. Passer rating of 125.4 and 60% pass completion.

If the game wasn't over by half time he would have had ridiculous numbers. We would have been looking at 5 or 6 TDs and 400 odd yards.

Don't want to sound strung up but I don't think your analysis of Brady was fair. On MNF that was an MVP calibre performance.

Would Agree in my opinion Brady launched himself to the front of the MVP race due to that performance. You staying up to watch the game today man?
Would Agree in my opinion Brady launched himself to the front of the MVP race due to that performance. You staying up to watch the game today man?

Hell to the YES.

In one way I hope it's a closer game than Texans because of the entertainment value. Staying up super late on a week night with an exam the next day felt quite wasted when it was done by half time.

But then again, domination would give us a psychological advantage over a possible Superbowl opponent and might lend a bit to Brady getting MVP (not hugely important but he probably deserves more than 2).
Reply 4747
5 minutes until the first of tonight's big games. Fantastic. On Sky, on Sky I tell you. It's fantastic.
Damn it my Jaguars team is awful. O line can't provide blocking for MJD and my quarterbacks being sacked so fast as none of my receivers can create separation.
Reply 4749
Rw3 gonna take the seahawks to the superbowl and win MVP. Hate to break it to ya pats fans...
almost game time, Forty Niners vs Patriots
Reply 4751
Get in! Cowboys roll on, onwards and upwards
its a shame drew bees messed up the last couple of games.

SAINTS TILL I DIE. WHO DAT?
anybody watch the cowboy game ?
Original post by emobambam
anybody watch the cowboy game ?

Yup good game, that division is completely open now its gonna be awesome to watch it unfold.
there about to s.core !
The receiver clearly touched that ball. The ball changes direction and starts to spin so it must have hit something and the only thing it could have hit was his leg.

Edit: On second thought, the more I see it the less convinced I am but I still think he touched it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Shambolic today worst game this season and ive not even been able to watch most of it... sky box has gone mental and im stuck listening to other forums...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i
Unbelievable. Utter implosion from Patriots. No excuses. San Fran coming into NE and utterly destroying us in every phase. Every receiver covered, every run stuffed, every coverage read, and every blitz blocked.

We're getting ruined. I'd rather get nailed during regular season nd learn in time for play-offs, but sacrificing shot at number 1 and 2 seed is frustrating.
Brady is such a frikking hero

Latest