The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Bradford University Pharmacy Applicants 2013

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else had had an offer from Bradford Uni for Pharmacy starting in 2013 :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheToothFairy :)
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else had had an offer from Bradford Uni for Pharmacy starting in 2013 :smile:

yeah me :smile: but pharmacy is my backup choice . i really liked bradford uni and the course sounds really good! did you apply for the 5 year course?
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by Midnight_sun
yeah me :smile: but pharmacy is my backup choice . i really liked bradford uni and the course sounds really good! did you apply for the 5 year course?

No I applied for the 4 year course because I'm not sure pharmacy is what I actually want to do, but I may change my mind when I actually start the course. What was your offer if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
No I applied for the 4 year course because I'm not sure pharmacy is what I actually want to do, but I may change my mind when I actually start the course. What was your offer if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Iv'e done my A-levels so got an unconditional offer
Iv'e done my A-levels so got an unconditional offer

Ahhh I see, what else have you applied for?
Ahhh I see, what else have you applied for?

Iv'e applied to dentistry. is pharmacy your 1st choice?
Iv'e applied to dentistry. is pharmacy your 1st choice?

Yes it is now, I originally wanted to do dentistry but I unfortunately didn't get the grades :frown:
Yes it is now, I originally wanted to do dentistry but I unfortunately didn't get the grades :frown:

oh, sorry to hear that. why dont you resit? i ve come across a few people who are resitting exams this year to get the grades, but tbh I never knew some unis accept resits.
so do you have an offer for pharmacy?
oh, sorry to hear that. why dont you resit? i ve come across a few people who are resitting exams this year to get the grades, but tbh I never knew some unis accept resits.
so do you have an offer for pharmacy?

I resat an entire year last year, so alot of unis won't take me for dentistry anyway :frown: I have one offer from Bradford so far and 2 rejections
I resat an entire year last year, so alot of unis won't take me for dentistry anyway :frown: I have one offer from Bradford so far and 2 rejections

are you on a gap year or at uni.
could i also ask what you got for your a levels?
I'm not on a gap year, I'm in my my final year of 6th form, I resat year 12. So I haven't got my a-level results yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Heyy everyone i'm really confused about the 4 yr and 5 year course at Bradford and dno which to choose even though I've read about both of them I haven't gained much info from Bradford uni's site. If anyone could tell me about why each would be good that would be appreciated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The 4 year course doesn't include a year of pre-reg, whereas the 5 year course is a sandwich course that includes a pre-reg year. If you want to be a working pharmacist when you leave uni, then I suggest you apply for the 5 year course :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi, i initially applied for clinical sciences but i got rejected for that. however they offered me an interview which is next month. i was just wondering if someone could tell me what this entails as i don't fully understand the attachment.
Are you wanting to know what the interview entails of what the course entails?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you wanting to know what the interview entails of what the course entails?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what the interview entails please:smile:
Reply 16
Hey :smile: I have an interview next month, any tips? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, so the Bradford applicant day consists of 3 main things, the course taster, the interview and the tour.

The interview is conducted in the same room as the taster and on each table there's 2 interviewers, a student interviewer and an academic interviewer. The interviews are 8 minutes long, the academic interviewer will ask you 3 questions and the student interviewer will ask you 2 questions.

Make sure you've done your research on the Bradford pharmacy course they'll definitely ask you why Bradford!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Ok, so the Bradford applicant day consists of 3 main things, the course taster, the interview and the tour.

The interview is conducted in the same room as the taster and on each table there's 2 interviewers, a student interviewer and an academic interviewer. The interviews are 8 minutes long, the academic interviewer will ask you 3 questions and the student interviewer will ask you 2 questions.

Make sure you've done your research on the Bradford pharmacy course they'll definitely ask you why Bradford!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello, I have an interview for Pharmacy at Bradford this week, what questions do they ask in the interview? Also, I am unsure whether to pick the 5 year course or the 4 year, what would you recommend?
I was asked why pharmacy, why Bradford, how do my subjects tie into pharmacy, I got a list of 7 skills and then had to pick 2 that were relevant to me and talk about them, I was asked about drug trials, where do drugs come from, other people got asked what's the difference between a medicine and a drug and what is an enzyme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending