The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
Guys, what can I do for bonfire night? Looking for an event for me and my friends now (we're going to Oxford Street first).
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
****. If I had any useful advice for the still-at-UCL people, it'd be to stay in education. Forever and ever.
Reply 2442
Original post by rockrunride
****. If I had any useful advice for the still-at-UCL people, it'd be to stay in education. Forever and ever.

Why? Still unemployed?
Original post by Ivanka
Why? Still unemployed?

No, but still out of my beloved city.
i <3 my professor. so much. ESPS people also finally got personal tutors this term. so it's actually as though I'm a proper uni student and not just distance learning or some ****!
Reply 2445
Might be a silly question, but I submitted my YA application today, but then I realised I forgot to write down which countries I'll go to and how long I'll be there - well, actually, I wrote down my university preferences and their locations for both semesters, so I'm not sure if omitting one column will do me harm, especially if the information is written elsewhere. I don't know whether to go to Novella's offie again, but honestly, I've already embarrassed myself there, so I'd like to avoid appearing there if possible.
Reply 2446
Original post by Ivanka
Might be a silly question, but I submitted my YA application today, but then I realised I forgot to write down which countries I'll go to and how long I'll be there - well, actually, I wrote down my university preferences and their locations for both semesters, so I'm not sure if omitting one column will do me harm, especially if the information is written elsewhere. I don't know whether to go to Novella's offie again, but honestly, I've already embarrassed myself there, so I'd like to avoid appearing there if possible.

she is a terrifying woman.
Reply 2447
Original post by nb0
she is a terrifying woman.

I've just learnt I could have submitted it to Karin *facepalm*
Reply 2448
Original post by Ivanka
I've just learnt I could have submitted it to Karin *facepalm*

*sob* ahhhhh
Reply 2449
But they share an office anyway, so if you went to see one of them, chances are the other would be there too. I thought the person in the Spanish dept. did them all though?
want to get this essay finished by the end of the weekend... only 2,800 words to go... lmao
Just been offered a job back in London, so may make the odd Roxy cameo with some old friends! Yes, even with work the next day :colone:
jesus 3,500 word essays are a slog. thought i had 1,500 words of this one until i realised i'd double-pasted. so basically i have a whole essay left to do. :|
Original post by JoannaMilano
I have a 5,000 word one to write this holiday :frown: It's depressing writing 2.000 words and being less than halfway.

Having half written at this stage is pretty amazing going though. Ample room for chilling out over the holiday.
Reply 2454
7000 words by jan seventh... oh woe is me
Reply 2455
Am I the only one who's already finished their essays?
Original post by JoannaMilano
True! Final year is tougher than I expected, definitely ready for a break. Everyone's going job hunt crazy at the moment, I just can't get into it.

What's the new job?

The fact that I thought I'd get a 2:2 and was convinced I needed to devote all of my time to uni work probably explains my autumn predicament of no job (or no grad job). The thing is you can't really apply for immediate small-medium enterprise openings if you're still at uni. All you can really go for are the grad schemes, the recruitment processes for which which are pretty soul destroying after the thousandth 'numerical reasoning' test.

As for the job, it's loss adjusting. Basically advising on insurance claims for road traffic accidents for British insured cars in France and French insured cars here. Hopefully I'll be able to get a bit of a leg up in comparative law. I had a dabble last year and I found it fascinating.
Reply 2457
Original post by Ivanka
Am I the only one who's already finished their essays?

go away.
7,000 words is pish. i had 10,000 last year and 12,500 this year #wordcountolympics
Terrible times!

Spent ages changing my UCL password (as per usual).
Then forgot said password, and got blocked trying to access my e-mail.
Coursework sent by my tutor still in my inbox, hadn't printed it out yet. Can't access moodle either of course.
Job applications to be sent out by 31st December (can use my gmail account, but would have LIKED to use my UCL one)
I am to understand that the ISD desk is closed until the new year (I will be phoning them on 27th like mad)....But am I going to go up to London before NYE for this??
At any rate, I will be leaving for London on the 2nd Jan at the latest, to get said coursework done!!!

Rant over. Have pity please? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest