The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Crazy game ridley and.vereen in the doghouse after today. Terrible first hakf but second half was inspirational. Danny woodhead is the man and kyle arrington is just...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i
Reply 4761
Original post by ..DT..
Rw3 gonna take the seahawks to the superbowl and win MVP. Hate to break it to ya pats fans...

We're coming good at just the right time. Team is really clicking now.
Reply 4762
I know you've played 2 ****ty ass teams the last 2 weeks but I still love the fact that you pound them into submission. 3 scores up and running fake punts just oozes determination.

As for Giants, Pats and Ravens fans....

Original post by ..DT..
I know you've played 2 ****ty ass teams the last 2 weeks but I still love the fact that you pound them into submission. 3 scores up and running fake punts just oozes determination.

As for Giants, Pats and Ravens fans....

If the Patriots did that you know we would be blasted but because the Seahawks did it its fine. Hypocrisy at its finest.
Reply 4764
the funny thing is the seahawks haven't really run up the score

they took their starters out in the 3rd quarter against arizona and whilst yes they ran on a fake punt (which was a field audible), they only scored 3 points in the 4th quarter and there were a number of backups in again.

They could have put 70 points up on Arizona easily
Reply 4765
Original post by munn
the funny thing is the seahawks haven't really run up the score

they took their starters out in the 3rd quarter against arizona and whilst yes they ran on a fake punt (which was a field audible), they only scored 3 points in the 4th quarter and there were a number of backups in again.

They could have put 70 points up on Arizona easily

Flynn came in to play the 4th and was throwing bombs, that's pure mockery whatever way you look at it.

Original post by johnharris19944
If the Patriots did that you know we would be blasted but because the Seahawks did it its fine. Hypocrisy at its finest.

They took out a load of starters, if the pats did that and still went at it I'd have no problem..
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Authority_Song
X

Whoa chill out man I was just saying it how I saw it, like the 1st half against the 9ers, Brady just seemed off form to me, I know he threw 4 TDs against what was an underwhelming Texans side but he didn't appear the inspirational Brady I've grown accustomed to watching over the years.

On Sunday in the 2nd half, that was the Brady that got me interested in the NFL years ago. That grit, determination and refusal to lie down even with that much of a deficit. Shame Arrington missed that tackle, but for the team to let the score run up like that before the offense finally arrived, we deserved to get beat. Hopefully a wake-up call.
Reply 4767
Original post by ..DT..
Flynn came in to play the 4th and was throwing bombs, that's pure mockery whatever way you look at it.

Your memory is obviously slightly hazy here, after Flynn came in Seattle ran 26 rushing plays and Flynn dropped back to pass 9 times. Here are those 9 dropbacks:

2-10-ARI 10
(8:21) (Shotgun) 15-M.Flynn pass incomplete short middle to 18-S.Rice (58-D.Washington).
3-10-ARI 10
(8:15) 15-M.Flynn pass short left to 81-G.Tate pushed ob at ARI 10 for no gain (94-S.Acho).
3-6-ARI 14
(2:15) (Shotgun) 15-M.Flynn pass incomplete short left to 89-D.Baldwin.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4768
I can't remember which game it was or what wide out it was but one got absolutely leveled and could have been potentially hurt. If your throwing passes like that in the 4th Q up by more than 3 scores with your backup QB in your doing something a bit naughty, regardless of the scoring breakdown and the 'stats'.
Original post by ..DT..
I can't remember which game it was or what wide out it was but one got absolutely leveled and could have been potentially hurt. If your throwing passes like that in the 4th Q up by more than 3 scores with your backup QB in your doing something a bit naughty, regardless of the scoring breakdown and the 'stats'.

Hawks had Golden Tate or Sidney Rice levelled but thats all i can remember, which game are were you thinking of im rather curious now?
Original post by johnharris19944

Seattle take their starters out, against the Colts Brady is in the whole game even though you're winning comfortably.
Seahawks get blamed for running it up whereas the Patriots are praised for their offensive prowess.
Everyone knows ESPN/most NFL analysts have an East Coast Bias + Cowboys obsession.
Original post by nevergohalfpace
Seattle take their starters out, against the Colts Brady is in the whole game even though you're winning comfortably.
Seahawks get blamed for running it up whereas the Patriots are praised for their offensive prowess.
Everyone knows ESPN/most NFL analysts have an East Coast Bias + Cowboys obsession.

Why should the Hawks get blamed for it, many points were defensive turnovers they can't just punt it away. Also same with the Patriots, the game against the colts same defensive turnovers and such. Running up the score is complete bullcrap anyway.
Reply 4772
Original post by ..DT..

Rice got levelled on an 18 yard pass on 3rd and 20 that only converted as a result of the penalty.

That's one I noted above:
3-20-SEA 30
(11:35) (Shotgun) 15-M.Flynn pass deep middle to 18-S.Rice to SEA 48 for 18 yards (49-R.Johnson). PENALTY on ARI-49-R.Johnson, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at SEA 48.

Once again, are they supposed to just give the ball back to Arizona in that situation?

There's throwing deep passes and there's simply trying to keep the ball, Rice was levelled because Flynn's pass lead him straight into Adrian Wilson's path.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4773
Original post by munn
Rice got levelled on an 18 yard pass on 3rd and 20 that only converted as a result of the penalty.

That's one I noted above:
3-20-SEA 30
(11:35) (Shotgun) 15-M.Flynn pass deep middle to 18-S.Rice to SEA 48 for 18 yards (49-R.Johnson). PENALTY on ARI-49-R.Johnson, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at SEA 48.

Once again, are they supposed to just give the ball back to Arizona in that situation?

There's throwing deep passes and there's simply trying to keep the ball, Rice was levelled because Flynn's pass lead him straight into Adrian Wilson's path.

I've lost track of what we're even debating here??

..EDIT: never mind, reread. Running up the score... I don't really know why we're debating it, you just said it yourself leading a WR into a route that can cause an injury when up by 51 is being a bit silly. Whether you class that as 'running the score up' or not I don't know. Like I said I loved the brutality behind it, shows that a teams hungry. Case closed? lol.
(edited 11 years ago)
:woo: Atlanta Falcons fan here! :biggrin:
NFC East predictions - who's going through?
Reply 4776
Original post by dgeorge
NFC East predictions - who's going through?

I'd like to see the Redskins go through. RG3 has had a cracking rookie season, so in my mind, deserves to get to the playoffs.
I'm a Ravens fan, & unfortunately, I think the Giants will beat us tomorrow. The Cowboys have the Saints this weekend, so they could slip up. It's definitely going to go down to week 17.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kl123456
I'd like to see the Redskins go through. RG3 has had a cracking rookie season, so in my mind, deserves to get to the playoffs.
I'm a Ravens fan, & unfortunately, I think the Giants will beat us tomorrow. The Cowboys have the Saints this weekend, so they could slip up. It's definitely going to go down to week 17.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that the Redskins and Cowboys definitely have "should win" games. However, the Cowboys have a great record at screwing things up at the last possible minute, so I wouldn't be so sure about their win.

I wouldn't be so sure about a Giants win either, the Ravens are a quality team who simply haven't been playing up to their potential. Lets see if Joey "I'm an elite QB" Flacco can pull off a surprise victory.
Didn't know this thread existed :p:

I'm a Jets fan, though owning up to that after their performance on Monday is painful.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Didn't know this thread existed :p:

I'm a Jets fan, though owning up to that after their performance on Monday is painful.

Don't ever show your face on this thread again. The jets ? :laugh:

I kid, I kid :grin:

Latest