The Student Room Group

OH NO! Blocked from using features of Facebook for 30 days¬!

I started a new Facebook (deactivated my old one as it was hacked) and readded all my friends. However, as I was adding them very quickly facebook put a block on my account which means i cannot add friends, like/comment on statuses etc. The block lasts for 30 days!
Has anyone else had a similar problem? What do I do?
Also when would the block have started, is it when I was first notified of it?
I am not really happy because I wasn't violating facebook terms, I didn't add strangers or do anything abusive.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ralewis00
I started a new Facebook (deactivated my old one as it was hacked) and readded all my friends. However, as I was adding them very quickly facebook put a block on my account which means i cannot add friends, like/comment on statuses etc. The block lasts for 30 days!
I am not really happy because I wasn't violating facebook terms, I didn't add strangers or do anything abusive.

Contact Facebook.
Contact Facebook.

But also contact them about your old hacked Facebook. Surely just changing the password would solve the problem?
Having the same problem. Is there any way to end the block early? :frown:
Original post by tehforum
Contact Facebook.

Hi, I'm having the same issue. How do you contact Facebook? is there a e-mail address or something which they reply to?
Reply 5
Original post by ralewis00

Original post by myusername.
Hi, I'm having the same issue. How do you contact Facebook? is there a e-mail address or something which they reply to?

http://www.facebook.com/help/contact/?id=260749603972907

Thanks for the help, but my account wasn't disabled, I was just blocked from using certain features like adding people. Cheers for the help though :smile:
Reply 7
Thanks for the help, but my account wasn't disabled, I was just blocked from using certain features like adding people. Cheers for the help though :smile:

If you’ve been blocked by mistake, we won’t be able to end the block early—but you’ll be able to send friend requests again soon. We’re sorry for the inconvenience! In the meantime, you can still use other Facebook features to connect with your confirmed friends.
If you’ve been blocked by mistake, we won’t be able to end the block early—but you’ll be able to send friend requests again soon. We’re sorry for the inconvenience! In the meantime, you can still use other Facebook features to connect with your confirmed friends.

Thanks. Like the OP has said, do you know when the block would have started? Is it when Facebook first told me I had a 30 day block, which was about 10 days ago? I ask this because I get the notification all the time, telling me I have a 30 day block. I hope that made sense!
Reply 9
Thanks. Like the OP has said, do you know when the block would have started? Is it when Facebook first told me I had a 30 day block, which was about 10 days ago? I ask this because I get the notification all the time, telling me I have a 30 day block. I hope that made sense!

you've got 20 days left
you've got 20 days left

That's great thanks :smile:
Reply 11
(edited 11 years ago)
[QUOTE="a5000;40669696"]I had this problem a few months ago, it was so annoying, as I regularly used facebook to message people, so to be unable to do it (unless on the computer) for 30 days was so annoying. I tried contacting facebook about it, but nothing happened :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile[/URL

But it all went fine after 30 days did it?
Reply 13
But it all went fine after 30 days did it?

Yeah, it just went back to normal
(edited 11 years ago)
[QUOTE="a5000;40669906"]Yeah, it just went back to normal

Ah thanks, that's really reassuring. I'm guessing you weren't notified or anything though after the block? how did you know it had gone back to normal?
Reply 15
no notification
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
Don't worry about it. Use this time to reflect on why you are still using Facebook
[QUOTE="a5000;40670240"]no notification, and I just tried sending a message on my phone (which I hadn't been able to do) 30 days after I received the notification saying I had been banned, and it worked :smile:

Ah okay, thanks :smile: it's weird, I can still send messages to people, but like the OP I can't add people or like things :confused:
Reply 18
Thanks for the advice people, i see that other people have had a similar problem.
Ah okay, thanks :smile: it's weird, I can still send messages to people, but like the OP I can't add people or like things :confused:

Likes are most likely blocked if you are a 'suspected scammer' as likes are used as a measure of advertising effectiveness I believe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending