The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I started the Kobato manga earlier! It started quite differently from the anime actually, with several chapters passing before Kobato even got the bottle (something that happened in the first episode of the anime, which seemed to combine elements of two-three of these early chapters into one story). There were also a lot of cameos from CLAMP's other works in just these first few chapters, which may or may not have been in the anime (aside from the more obvious Wish and Tsubasa crossovers, that is). :p:
**** just got real in to love darkness :eek:...

or maybe not :p: all that suspense and then that had to happen :laugh: :rolleyes:

just when it starts getting good, theres only one ep left :sad: also started watching it in hq for the first time and the animation quality really is good :lolwut: :coma:
This might be a stupid question, but why is One Piece's opening longer than 1:30?
Original post by Bude8
This might be a stupid question, but why is One Piece's opening longer than 1:30?

As in the more recent opening themes? I assume the extra time comes from the fact that the show stopped using ending themes, allowing it to have an OP that's twice as long without cutting down on the content of the episode itself. Haven't a clue why they wanted a longer OP to begin with though, maybe just to make them more memorable? Or so they can show more spoilers? :p:
Ahh yes, didn't think of that! Thanks :smile:
Reply 4105
SAO

A meandering series that couldn't really decide if it was a harem, action or straight up romance show. The actual main story of the Sword Art arc was easily its strongest point and it pretty much went further and further downhill past that point. Annoying author self-insert as the main character, and otaku waifu bait female lead, 1D side characters and laughably overdone villains.

All this being said I did however look forward to it each Sunday morning and the main romance was fairly adorable. Plus some pretty amazing backdrops and animation quality from A-1.

Overall I'd probably give it a 6/10.
Reply 4106
Original post by Carecup
SAO

A meandering series that couldn't really decide if it was a harem, action or straight up romance show. The actual main story of the Sword Art arc was easily its strongest point and it pretty much went further and further downhill past that point. Annoying author self-insert as the main character, and otaku waifu bait female lead, 1D side characters and laughably overdone villains.

All this being said I did however look forward to it each Sunday morning and the main romance was fairly adorable. Plus some pretty amazing backdrops and animation quality from A-1.

Overall I'd probably give it a 6/10.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. However, I didn't mind so much how overpowered Kirito was probably because I have a penchant for such a formula (stems likely from Dragon Ball).
Reply 4107
Some closing thoughts on Btooom! and Chu-2. Both were pretty good, for very different reasons.

For the former, I'm definitely hoping for a sequel, but when that'll be, in account of how close we are to the manga, is anyone's guess. It was rather straightforward and perhaps perceivably on the generic side, but the character development was good and touched upon some sinister but very real facets of human nature, which is unusual for an anime. Animation was solid, as you'd expect from Madhouse. They really know how to adapt manga of this ilk, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else they'll do in the future.

For the latter, I was pleasantly surprised. I like KyoAni, but I felt their hype and/or popularity clouded what they have been delivering of late, so I went into this one with slight apprehension, especially considering much of it would be anime original. Quite oppositely, this turned out to be one of the better series of the season, particularly when the drama kicked in. Very cute series with some likeable characters. Animation was typical KyoAni, which is obviously a good thing.
Reply 4108
Muv Luv finale aka Buy the VN to get a proper ending.
Original post by Carecup
Muv Luv finale aka Buy the VN to get a proper ending.

That sounds promising. :p: I've got the final two episodes to watch later... at least I think I've only got two, as the numbering on the subs I have is different to most others, going up to episode 25. I'm assuming they included the recap episode. :dontknow:
Reply 4110
Please could you guys recommend me some anime that is either gory and violent, has very compelling romance, is scary and disturbing or a mix of everything mentioned! Thanks
Original post by Inverse
Please could you guys recommend me some anime that is either gory and violent, has very compelling romance, is scary and disturbing or a mix of everything mentioned! Thanks

Dunno what the other guys r saying but there is higurashi, fate stay night and then fate zero is a good anime for action really and watch school days theres a lovely suprise at the end :wink:
Original post by Inverse

...I'd recommend Mirai Nikki, Baccano! or Shiki.

Next!

(:p:)
Reply 4113
Original post by AngryJellyfish
...I'd recommend Mirai Nikki, Baccano! or Shiki.

Next!

(:p:)

Just finished Mirai Nikki, I do not know why I think Gasai Yuno's so awesome. :love:

I seem to have a soft spot for mass murdering, psychopath women. :lol:

Thanks for the other two suggestions though! I will watch them. :biggrin:
Reply 4114
Original post by Numan786
Dunno what the other guys r saying but there is higurashi, fate stay night and then fate zero is a good anime for action really and watch school days theres a lovely suprise at the end :wink:

Thanks. :tongue:

I've heard school days is a horrible anime though!
Reply 4115
Hmm, the 13th episode of Saki Side A was amusing to watch. I liked how they analysed each of the players such as Hirose's 'tell' and the fact that the more experienced third year students tend to fare better. However, on the story front, I'm tiring of Achiga. As I mentioned when the anime was airing, I just want to watch Kiyosumi and Shiraitodai in the finals, shedding some light as to why there's tension between Saki and Teru in the process. Alas, I acknowledge that this is Side A and I doubt we'll get much even during the remaining episodes. I can only hope that one day a continuation of the main manga will be announced.
(edited 11 years ago)
Another stupid question. You know when there's a sword fight?
Is there a special name for the thing, when they cut someone, and when they sheathe, the cut happens?
Here's a video if you don't understand:
Reply 4117
Original post by Bude8
Another stupid question. You know when there's a sword fight?
Is there a special name for the thing, when they cut someone, and when they sheathe, the cut happens?

I don't believe there's an actual term for this. However, I might be wrong. It's not exclusive to anime and manga either (or anything related). For that matter, nor sword fights. Definitely an established cliche/trope, though. :giggle:
Reply 4118
Seems like there's a lack of ghibli on tv this year :frown: there's just ponyo on film 4.
Original post by vin
Seems like there's a lack of ghibli on tv this year :frown: there's just ponyo on film 4.

Arrietty makes its Film 4 debut on Sunday. :yes: Right after I got the DVD for Christmas... but at least now I can watch it without adverts. :p:

Latest