The Student Room Group

A2 Business Studies BUSS3 Discussion

Thought it might be useful to start a general BUSS3 discussion thread ahead of the exam on the 15th Jan 2013.

Happy to help answer any questions you have about BUSS3, including advice on revision and exam technique.

Jim

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Jim Riley
Thought it might be useful to start a general BUSS3 discussion thread ahead of the exam on the 15th Jan 2013.

Happy to help answer any questions you have about BUSS3, including advice on revision and exam technique.

Jim

hey jim some really good links you posted do you have idea on what can come up this unit is long ?
Reply 2
Original post by zavvi16
do you have idea on what can come up this unit is long ?

The BUSS3 examiner tends to pack the case study with lots of the specification content - so it covers a lot of stuff.

The most important thing to remember is that your BUSS3 exam performance will be determined by how well you use the case study rather than by how much you know about the topics on the specification.

The skill of application (case study) opens the door to good analysis and higher levels of evaluation. Simply knowing stuff isnt enough.

Jim
Reply 3
If you are interested in which parts of the BUSS3 specification have been examined so far, then our BUSS Topic Tracker might be useful for you.

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/aqa-a2-business-buss3-exam-topic-tracker
Reply 4
If you are interested in which parts of the BUSS3 specification have been examined so far, then our BUSS Topic Tracker might be useful for you.

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/aqa-a2-business-buss3-exam-topic-tracker

ok thanks Jim also for the 18 marker i was told to do a definition 2 points for 2 against and a conclusion is that correct
Reply 5
Original post by zavvi16
ok thanks Jim also for the 18 marker i was told to do a definition 2 points for 2 against and a conclusion is that correct

For the 18 marker, you can score full marks by developing just one really strong point for and against. Add in some evaluation in both points and then follow up with a conclusion that develops at least two more evaluation points.

Two points for and against are fine - but make sure you don't dilute the depth of your application and analysis in the points you make.

Jim
Reply 6
Don't forget that we've got a free online revision clinic for BUSS3 on Thursday 10 Jan 2013. Details here:

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/buss3-online-revision-clinic-january-2013

Jim
I absolutely love BUSS 3. Its one of my favourite and I feel prepared for this exam.
Make sure you use data from the case study all the time.
Don't forget calculations either when appropriate.
Reply 8
Hi Jim

I was wondering if i should plan all of my answers in the exam to get the best possible marks. Will this help me. I am on track for an A* so really want to do well

Thanks
Original post by luke95brad
Hi Jim

I was wondering if i should plan all of my answers in the exam to get the best possible marks. Will this help me. I am on track for an A* so really want to do well

Thanks

You don't need it for every question. When you are trying to write the 18 mark ones just think of what you want to say for a min rather than dart writing straight away.
However for question 4 I would recommend you to plan. Make a table and write the pros and cons if the strategies.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 10
Is the specification the same as last year for this exam or has anything changed?
Reply 11
Original post by htotheizzo
Is the specification the same as last year for this exam or has anything changed?

No changes to the BUSS3 specification - same as normal
Reply 12
I'd love to come out with an A*, I am predicted to do so but still fairly sceptical. Any advice for gaining to top marks, especially for the 8/9/15 markers. Thanks!
Reply 13
No changes to the BUSS3 specification - same as normal

OK thanks. Is that the same with BUSS2? No changes?
How is everyone revising for this exam? I'm not sure whether my time is better spent going through the textbook&revision guide and doing summary questions on each topic so i know the stuff really well, or doing past papers to practise the essay style questions.. any advice?
Reply 15
Original post by hannahflossie
How is everyone revising for this exam? I'm not sure whether my time is better spent going through the textbook&revision guide and doing summary questions on each topic so i know the stuff really well, or doing past papers to practise the essay style questions.. any advice?

just do exam papers mate
Original post by hannahflossie

Doing questions is now the best way to go forward but of course you need to know the content before that.

Original post by Selym95
I'd love to come out with an A*, I am predicted to do so but still fairly sceptical. Any advice for gaining to top marks, especially for the 8/9/15 markers. Thanks!

I think the most import question is 4. Ace question 4 and do fairly ok on others and you'll have your A

Original post by dan94adibi
I think the most import question is 4. Ace question 4 and do fairly ok on others and you'll have your A

Especially considering A is a low mark and I need 60% UMS to get an A overall.
Reply 19
hi can anyone help me in this exam i have a couple of questions :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending