The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm 5'7'' and female. I weigh 142lbs and have a 37'' chest, 29''waist and 38'' hips/bum.

Now I'm not sure about the average size for a male but I'd say our measurements are pretty similar. Plus your frame seems kinda small for someone of your height. Maybe if you gained some weight you'd fill out a little and your bum would be less prominent.

To be fair I've never thought of my bum as being particularly large though, I am in fact currently trying to increase its size :tongue:
Reply 2
Beige I hope you reach your goal.
Reply 3
Hehe I don't know about men but i believe the average woman's bum size in the UK is 40.5 inches according to studies (can you imagine studies on the size of women's bums, what is the world coming to lol).
Reply 4
Original post by ameliasien
Hehe I don't know about men but i believe the average woman's bum size in the UK is 40.5 inches according to studies (can you imagine studies on the size of women's bums, what is the world coming to lol).

There must have been a lot of men volunteer to help conduct that study
Reply 5
i was wondering the other day why there is not a similar scale for bums as for boobies...

i would say my pert derriere is a 38 D
Reply 6
Original post by Beige_Angel
I'm 5'7'' and female. I weigh 142lbs and have a 37'' chest, 29''waist and 38'' hips/bum.

Now I'm not sure about the average size for a male but I'd say our measurements are pretty similar. Plus your frame seems kinda small for someone of your height. Maybe if you gained some weight you'd fill out a little and your bum would be less prominent.

To be fair I've never thought of my bum as being particularly large though, I am in fact currently trying to increase its size :tongue:

can we see the current progress? :colone: :colondollar:
Reply 7
Original post by sammynorton90
I know this must sound like a really odd and quite camp question but its something I'm quite self-conscious about. I'm 5ft9, weight 147lbs and have a 37 inch chest, 29 inch waist and 37 inch butt. Is that too big for a man? I personally think it is and feel it make my body look womanly? Whats the average size for a male?

Sounds like you're absolutely fine, I like a nice handful to grab hold of anyway :tongue:
I'm around 6", weigh around 78 KG, Have a 30-31" waist 41" chest and 36" bum. So take from that what you will. I will also say that most people would probably consider my bum lean and muscular so I'd say it's not too big......
Reply 9
:s-smilie: my ass is 47"
Original post by S.R
:s-smilie: my ass is 47"

How tall are you though, and chest and waist size, if you don't mind me asking
Reply 11
Original post by sammynorton90
How tall are you though, and chest and waist size, if you don't mind me asking

39" chest 38" waist 6' height
Original post by Effort
Beige I hope you reach your goal.

Thank you! So do I; although I think it's going to be a very slow progress...

Original post by a10
can we see the current progress? :colone: :colondollar:

Baha, oh you :rolleyes:

To be fair there hasn't been a lot yet, I'm just trying to gain a little weight at the moment. I was very skinny a short while ago and it's taken me several years to get from being 8st 4lbs at the same height I am now to being 10st 2lbs. I'm hoping that as I progress to 10st 7lbs (which I have been before) my behind will get a little fuller!
Reply 13

Baha, oh you :rolleyes:

To be fair there hasn't been a lot yet, I'm just trying to gain a little weight at the moment. I was very skinny a short while ago and it's taken me several years to get from being 8st 4lbs at the same height I am now to being 10st 2lbs. I'm hoping that as I progress to 10st 7lbs (which I have been before) my behind will get a little fuller!

ohhh la la :pierre:

Good luck in reaching your goals, your bf will be a lucky guy with all dat new ass :colondollar: :lol:
Original post by a10
ohhh la la :pierre:

Good luck in reaching your goals, your bf will be a lucky guy with all dat new ass :colondollar: :lol:

Why do guys always say this? There's always some assumed boyfriend :confused:

Alas, I will be alone in my new-found ass appreciation, should I succeed that is!
Reply 15
I've been thinking of this "dat ass" problem.

Its got to do with sitting on your ass all day revising. Anterior pelvic tilt.
Original post by sissoko46
Well I ain't skinny at all and I have got perfect six pack abs with very low body fat. The only one's that keep negging me are over sensitive kids like you when I speak the truth. I suspect you have a slight pot belly judging by the dynamics of your profile photo and your posture. Size 6-8 is considered average by the way not 10. :rolleyes:

I don't know where you're from but here in the UK the average dress size is a 16 which I am well under. Plus I wasn't being overly sensitive but I am female and you did just essentially call me fat. With or without a pot belly, a size 10 at 5'7'' is pretty slim. Maybe I'm just heavy boned then!

Original post by Megaloblastic
You are 5'11 and 132lb. You are skinny.

And you know how the saying goes...

"A six pack on a skinny guy is as impressive as big tits on a fat chick"

This. You must have pretty a skewed perception of size if you consider me to be overweight :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Okay well my measurements must be wrong..or I just look really weird

Height: 6"0
Weight: 166lbs
BF: 17%
Chest: 53"
Waist: 33"
Bum: 46"

:bootyshake:
Don't feed the troll, as much as he sounds like he might need a good meal.

Hang on a second/

A 37 inch chest indicates a 12/14 dress size top.
A 29 inch waist indicates a size 12 also.
A 38 inch hips/ bums indicates a 10/12 bottom dress size.

Maybe you shouldn't be focusing on increasing. With all due respect you sound fine, or if you want to be fussy could do with some reducing. Although you do sound a little top heavy....
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest