The Student Room Group

Women can seem to have more than one persona...confuses me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophiaKeuning
Make up your mind Chillaxer, are you judging women or humanity? Maybe it is that you expect a woman to be a certain way and you create an image around who she should be, but when you find she doesn't fall at your feet, she has a mind of her own you get angry and create a thread about women in general. Maybe she realised that you didn't see her as an individual.

And I'd say it was you who are shallow if you expect people to only have one facet.

Ah TSR's daily woman hating thread. And they say woman don't have to face sexism anymore. TSR really does have a problem with women.

I think you underestimate my regard for women. It's not that at all, of course women don't fall at my feet and nor do I want them to. Nor do I expect them not to have their own mind. I do dislike reactionary feminism which takes as a given that men hold these views. I was really talking about the lack of being able to find a sincere relationship with a bit of mutual tension, attraction and emotion. I guess I couldn;t ell you so much about gys in this regard because I'm not expecting much from relations with them, other than to occasionally mumble to each other some crap, and think 'nice bloke'
Reply 21
Even guys do that though one second they care the next they dont give a damn...regardless I can't say I don't do that because sometimes I do and it's just cause I have lots in my mind about someone that annoyed me and it does make you hostile sometimes x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chillaxer
I think you underestimate my regard for women. It's not that at all, of course women don't fall at my feet and nor do I want them to. Nor do I expect them not to have their own mind. I do dislike reactionary feminism which takes as a given that men hold these views. I was really talking about the lack of being able to find a sincere relationship with a bit of mutual tension, attraction and emotion. I guess I couldn;t ell you so much about gys in this regard because I'm not expecting much from relations with them, other than to occasionally mumble to each other some crap, and think 'nice bloke'

I'm not saying men hold these views. Just a lot of the guys on TSR. Which is why it's always shocking when there's a thread on here almost daily criticisng women, it's so strange and fairly recent. Most people who create threads about relationship problems say stuff like 'I find it hard finding a sincere relationship with women' and make it personal. Whereas your thread is about women in general and you don't even mention yourself yet this is a personal problem you have. I'm not saying your sexist or anything, it's just tiring reading threads all the time which take on this tone. And so often you guys say you are disillusionment, we're shallow etc.
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
That's very kind. I don't think it ever happens mutually like that, with equal keeness two people in love and both excited by the other. Be good though.

Yeah that's true. One person is usually more excited about the relationship than the other.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Just to keep things interesting...
Original post by SophiaKeuning
I'm not saying men hold these views. Just a lot of the guys on TSR. Which is why it's always shocking when there's a thread on here almost daily criticisng women, it's so strange and fairly recent. Most people who create threads about relationship problems say stuff like 'I find it hard finding a sincere relationship with women' and make it personal. Whereas your thread is about women in general and you don't even mention yourself yet this is a personal problem you have. I'm not saying your sexist or anything, it's just tiring reading threads all the time which take on this tone. And so often you guys say you are disillusionment, we're shallow etc.

Ok, well hope you don't think I hate women. maybe it's recent because there's been a breakdown in relations socially. Maybe people are jaded also. tbh some of it maye stem from the fact that when it comes to the women men really like, they actually revere them, care too much, in fact maybe men are more sensitive than women. Hence compensation, anger etc
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by samaaf
Well obviously you just haven't found the right woman for you. Someone will find you just as great, maybe more so.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Maybe it's a case of not trying for the perfect relationship, maybe they take an awful lot more effort than I think. Who knows, that would be foreced though. Or maybe I do the same, go on and off with my emotions. I don't know.
if some women confuse you it's often because they are confused themselves and don't know what they want. so dont read too much into it.
Original post by MrHappy_J
if some women confuse you it's often because they are confused themselves and don't know what they want. so dont read too much into it.

Yes. It was more meant along the lines that they are a mystery than anything derogatory. But, I'm not ashamed to say i've been a bit lacking in finding a relationship of any real worth, intimacy, chemistry, excitment, or whatever.
Yes. It was more meant along the lines that they are a mystery than anything derogatory. But, I'm not ashamed to say i've been a bit lacking in finding a relationship of any real worth, intimacy, chemistry, excitment, or whatever.

judging by all the threads youve made recently about foreign women, that is hardly surprising.
if you actually go out rather than sit inside complaining you might actually get some.
you seem way too bothered about getting in a relationship. all your threads smell of desperation.
Original post by MrHappy_J
judging by all the threads youve made recently about foreign women, that is hardly surprising.
if you actually go out rather than sit inside complaining you might actually get some.
you seem way too bothered about getting in a relationship. all your threads smell of desperation.

I'm not really, I just like venting my thoughts, as abstractions really.
But I do still think English women are not very interesting or good to have a relationship with. I don't want to 'get some' if it means empty flings, I've had that at uni. It's meaningless. I'm talking about love. Why do you have to rubbish someone for wanting to find that?
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm not really, I just like venting my thoughts, as abstractions really.
But I do still think English women are not very interesting or good to have a relationship with. I don't want to 'get some' if it means empty flings, I've had that at uni. It's meaningless. I'm talking about love. Why do you have to rubbish someone for wanting to find that?

use your diary to vent out your thoughts, not tsr.
90% of women in this country are British. If you dont like it I suggest you move elsewhere. or stop generalising a few bad experiences to an entire population, perhaps.
Reply 32
Original post by twelve
So true.

Negged by a couple of males it seems...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending