The Student Room Group

New York woman pushed man to death in hate crime

Police in New York have arrested a woman in connection with the death of a man pushed in front of a subway train.

Prosecutors said Erika Menendez, 31, was charged with second-degree murder as a hate crime.
She is alleged to have said that she hates Hindus and Muslims.
The victim, 46-year-old Sunando Sen, originally came from India. Witnesses said he was standing on a platform at a Queens subway station when a woman shoved him on to the tracks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20865887

*Awaiting the response of members such as Indo-Chinese Food who will undoubtedly try to justify her actions somehow*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So much ignorance I can't even start to explain!

"all brownies are the same hurr durr"
http://news.sky.com/story/1031014/new-york-subway-death-woman-charged

A woman who told police in New York City that she shoved a man in front of an oncoming subway train has been charged with murder as a hate crime, prosecutors have said.Erika Menendez, from the Bronx, was motivated by hatred of Muslims and Hindus, according to the Queens District Attorney's Office.

An NYPD spokesman had said that detectives had questioned her and that she had "made statements implicating herself" in the killing, which happened on Thursday night.

Detectives claimed she told them: "I pushed a Muslim off the train tracks because I hate Hindus and Muslims. Ever since 2001 when they put down the twin towers, I've been beating them up."

Menendez, who is due to appear before a judge later today in Queens, faces from 25 years to life in prison if convicted....

The victim, 46-year-old Sunando Sen, ran a printing shop and lived in Queens.

He was born in India and raised a Hindu, according to The New York Times.

Wow, that is just so, so low...
Reply 3
What the **** is wrong with the world.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Its absolutely disgusting.
I usually sit down or stand near the wall on the platform.
Anything can happen these days.
Its just disgusting.

Why am I getting neggd? lol
(edited 11 years ago)
just goes to show racism is stupid innit.
So ever since since 2001 she has been 'beating them up', wonder what other things this sickos done.

Hopefully she won't see anything but the bars of her cell for a long while.
Reply 7
What a load of ****, I wish people would stop blaming the whole Muslim population for 9/11 there either one way 9/11 happened.
1. Al Qaeda used planes (has to be with explosives) to cause the towers to fall
2. The government did it and now muslims get all the ****

I believe number 2, take your pick but honestly this is pathetic I absolutely shame upon the lies and hypocrisy ensued by 9/11.

Can I ask why I got negged? I said take your pick, you don't have to believe everything I say.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Robbie242

2. The government did it and now muslims get all the ****

I think this is giving the government a little too much credit to be fair...
Reply 9
Original post by InnerTemple
I think this is giving the government a little too much credit to be fair...
I could list all conspiracies but that would take ages. Tower 7 is lolwut and the plane calls and the studies by scientists say otherwise to the commission report. Maybe it was Al-Qaeda and the government who knows? We'll never know unless new evidence comes to light.
Reply 10
Original post by Algorithm69
Oh dear Lord...
That's my take on it, you can disagree and throw the evidence to one side and believe that two planes and falling debris really caused 3 buildings to fall on that day. Not to mention the lack of a plane hitting the pentagon.
(edited 11 years ago)
She's probably one of the idiots who campaigned against the mosque at ground zero.
That's my take on it, you can disagree and throw the evidence to one side and believe that two planes and falling debris really caused 3 buildings to fall on that day. Not to mention the lack of a plane hitting the pentagon.

That was the third plane that was grounded by the passengers just in time, but I won't continue this discussion.
Original post by The Mad Dog
She's probably one of the idiots who campaigned against the mosque at ground zero.

Whilst disregarding whether I myself would have agreed or disagreed with any mosque at Ground Zero; is there any reason why a mosque should be/should have been built at Ground Zero?

Personally, if I were the authorities and the American people, I'd be gunning for building even more formidable and dominant skyscrapers as a symbol of defiance and hope in honour of those that died.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by HotfireLegend
That was the third plane that was grounded by the passengers just in time, but I won't continue this discussion.
You mean the one that was heading for the whitehouse but crashed in a field (United 93)? The pentagon one crashed into the pentagon, the other 2 hit the twin towers. But yeah nanothermite and tower 7 that is all. Apologies for continuing the discussion.
Reply 15
Original post by Algorithm69
I believe the peer-reviewed literature. You don't. Because there isn't a single one which adheres to your viewpoint. Anyway, this thread has nothing to do with 9/11 conspiracy theories.
You also don't believe in clear evidence it seems. There was no wreckage, nothing can you explain that?
You also don't believe in clear evidence it seems. There was no wreckage, nothing can you explain that?

No wreckage where?
Reply 17
Original post by InnerTemple
No wreckage where?
Pentagon and United 93, OBVIOUSLY the planes hit the towers, there's clear evidence of that but lots of people forget about the pentagon and the field crash.
Reply 18
**** off with your conspiracy mumbo-jumbo jibba jabber bull****.

Every single thing has been debunked, but you cannot be bothered to find the counter-argument against the quite frankly retarded conspiracies.
Reply 19
Original post by acedlol
**** off with your conspiracy mumbo-jumbo jibba jabber bull****.

Every single thing has been debunked, but you cannot be bothered to find the counter-argument against the quite frankly retarded conspiracies.
Are you going to tell me that falling debris caused tower 7 to implode on itself at 5pm that evening. Larry Silverstein even admitted in an interview. ''So I said pull it''

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending